HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Which player on the team do you want to get rid of? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=972197)

SWE 08-21-2011 06:29 PM

Which player on the team do you want to get rid of?
 
Personally I've never liked Matt Carle for some reason. I'm also not crazy about seeing Jaromir Jagr and Max Talbot in orange and black.

RespectTheCouts 08-21-2011 06:44 PM

I felt the same way about Desjardins, great player in the long run, but I never got on board with him, but the current roster it would have been Carter but we already got rid of him so I'm pretty content with the roster

JDinkalage Morgoone 08-21-2011 06:47 PM

Jody Shelley, Michael Leighton, Andreas Lilja.

ShawnTHW 08-21-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hextall89 (Post 36098857)
Jody Shelley, Michael Leighton, Andreas Lilja.

+Matt Carle, Matt Walker, Andreas Nodl

HFNHL Commish 08-21-2011 07:25 PM

This probably won't be popular, but it wouldn't break my heart to see Hartnell go. For all of his purported intangibles, he takes a ton of bad penalties, is a lousy skater, and makes $4M+.

o Hamhuis 2 x 08-21-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HFNHL Commish (Post 36099577)
This probably won't be popular, but it wouldn't break my heart to see Hartnell go. For all of his purported intangibles, he takes a ton of bad penalties, is a lousy skater, and makes $4M+.

I'm actually on board with this idea. Habs fans love him and they have defensive prospects up the ***. Trade him there and its a win-win, but only after the season so we can pick up a gritty forward from free agency.

Beef Invictus 08-21-2011 08:34 PM

Before the offseason trades, I wouldn't have had a huge problem with hauling out Carle and Hartnell. As the team currently stands, I think we need Hartnell this season.

As for Carle..hm. The guy doesn't really score goals. He isn't very good on the PP, which is a red flag for an offensive dman. If offense struggles this season, which isn't impossible, then Carle could become a big liability. If the offense isn't finishing his passes, then what do you have left? A defenseman who doesn't put up many goals, is soft in his own end, and is guilty of habitual bad decisions and turnovers.

On the other hand, perhaps his playmaking ability will help the offense as it works to find itself and develop chemistry. I'm reserving judgement on Carle until I see how he fares this season.

Other than that, there aren't any other big names I'd like gone at this point. I'm waiting to see how things pan out with this new team. The rest are people like Walker, Shelley, Lilja. The routine "huh?" Homer acquisitions.

sa cyred 08-21-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 36100921)
Before the offseason trades, I wouldn't have had a huge problem with hauling out Carle and Hartnell. As the team currently stands, I think we need Hartnell this season.

As for Carle..hm. The guy doesn't really score goals. He isn't very good on the PP, which is a red flag for an offensive dman. If offense struggles this season, which isn't impossible, then Carle could become a big liability. If the offense isn't finishing his passes, then what do you have left? A defenseman who doesn't put up many goals, is soft in his own end, and is guilty of habitual bad decisions and turnovers.

On the other hand, perhaps his playmaking ability will help the offense as it works to find itself and develop chemistry. I'm reserving judgement on Carle until I see how he fares this season.

Other than that, there aren't any other big names I'd like gone at this point. I'm waiting to see how things pan out with this new team. The rest are people like Walker, Shelley, Lilja. The routine "huh?" Homer acquisitions.

Agreed. Its going to be a longggg season, thats for sure. I am looking forward to it. Those 3 were retarded signings. Nothing you can do about it.

phlocky 08-21-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HFNHL Commish (Post 36099577)
This probably won't be popular, but it wouldn't break my heart to see Hartnell go. For all of his purported intangibles, he takes a ton of bad penalties, is a lousy skater, and makes $4M+.

Quote:

Originally Posted by o Hamhuis 2 x (Post 36100807)
I'm actually on board with this idea. Habs fans love him and they have defensive prospects up the ***. Trade him there and its a win-win, but only after the season so we can pick up a gritty forward from free agency.


Add me as a 3rd vote to jettison Hartnell. I'm all for giving his spot in the top 6 to Simmons, a similar style player who is younger and far far cheaper. Let us trade Hartnell to the Habs for their 2012 1st and run with this at forward:

Simmons - Briere - Jagr
JVR - Giroux - Voracek
Talbot - Schenn - Nodl
Betts/Holmstrom/Rinaldo/Shelly/Wellwood/Read/whatever else to fill out the 4th line

There are a bunch of other deals I'd like to see us make but I'd be happy with this one as a start.

Beef Invictus 08-21-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa cyred (Post 36101005)
Agreed. Its going to be a longggg season, thats for sure. I am looking forward to it. Those 3 were retarded signings. Nothing you can do about it.

It's going to be an interesting season, that's for sure.

BleedOrange 08-21-2011 09:17 PM

Shelley @ betts.........

walker @ Leighton.........

FlyersFan61290 08-21-2011 10:11 PM

Since the question is "which player on the team do you want to get rid of?" you can't really say Leighton or Walker since they won't be on the team. With that said I'd have to go with Shelley and Lilja. With any luck they will be the 13th forward & 7th d-man anyway.

Garbage Goal 08-21-2011 10:38 PM

Shelley, Leighton, Lilja, Walker, and many may not agree with me here, but Hartnell.

Jumping 08-21-2011 10:42 PM

I really like Betts, but I think he is used up.

I hope he proves me wrong.

Terence Peterman 08-21-2011 11:29 PM

I predicted to myself before coming in seeing an overwhelming amount of votes for Hartnell.

I'd like to see Carle, Walker, Leighton, Lilja, Talbot, and Shelley gone.

markzab 08-21-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RespectTheMajor (Post 36098795)
I felt the same way about Desjardins, great player in the long run, but I never got on board with him, but the current roster it would have been Carter but we already got rid of him so I'm pretty content with the roster

:shakehead

2nd post and you already made me sick with that. Really??

SolidSnakeUS 08-22-2011 12:04 AM

Honestly, considering the cost of some d-men that were just signed, I think Carle' cap hit is just fine.

Shelley, Walker, Leighton, Lilja... no idea who else.

hockeyfreak7 08-22-2011 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlocky (Post 36101017)
Add me as a 3rd vote to jettison Hartnell. I'm all for giving his spot in the top 6 to Simmons, a similar style player who is younger and far far cheaper. Let us trade Hartnell to the Habs for their 2012 1st and run with this at forward:

Simmons - Briere - Jagr
JVR - Giroux - Voracek
Talbot - Schenn - Nodl
Betts/Holmstrom/Rinaldo/Shelly/Wellwood/Read/whatever else to fill out the 4th line

There are a bunch of other deals I'd like to see us make but I'd be happy with this one as a start.

What good would trading Hartnell for futures do?

He doesnt make our team worse, and we can afford his cap hit. I just dont see the logic in that at all.

I wouldnt be so sure about giving Simmonds a top 6 role. At least Hartnell has proven to be capable of handling a top 6 role...

Spongolium* 08-22-2011 03:10 AM

I would take a defensive minded player over Carle. I just don't like the fact that he doesn't earn points on the powerplay, and he is far from solid in his own end. I'd much rather see defensive defenseman in the same role. Would of been so landed to get hold of Larsson.

As for Shelley, he can join the AHL crew and hopefully not even play down there. Guy is a joke. Can't skate, isn't fast enough to hit, and is barely able to fight. Ditch his ass, this isn't the 70's.

Betts. I love the guy, but can he withstand another 90+ game season with that shoulder. It's going to affect him more and more this season. I'd be up for playing him on the wing however on the fourth line, just for his PK ability.

mirimon 08-22-2011 05:14 AM

Apart from the obvious ones that no one wants, and that unfortunately includes other teams as well, so it won't help to waive guys like Walker, Leighton and Shelley, I'm not that desperate to get rid of anyone on this team.

If Couturier and/or Nylander impresses enough in camp to force their way onto the roster we'll need to rid ourselves of one or two contracts however. I would probably look at what we could get for a guy like Nödl at that point. I don't think he will improve much, if at all, from what he showed last season. As for the second guy to leave, I have no idea, maybe someone would want a guy like Bourdon? On the Flyers roster, if we can get rid of Shelley, I'd do that, maybe Betts but that would require Couturier and Nylander to sign cheap contracts for that to work I think. We would also lose yet another pker.

RJ8812 08-22-2011 05:29 AM

Jeff Carter

oh wait...

Flyerfan808 08-22-2011 05:35 AM

I think we need to at least let them play some games before we start throwing players under the bus?

RespectTheCouts 08-22-2011 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markzab (Post 36104571)
:shakehead

2nd post and you already made me sick with that. Really??

Sorry man that's just how I feel/felt like I said he was a great player for us in the long run but I never liked him my apologies for the sick feeling, he just wasn't a favorite of mine, and I'm sure it's just me but he seemed like he hated it in Philly, so flame away if you must

John Flyers Fan 08-22-2011 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlocky (Post 36101017)
Add me as a 3rd vote to jettison Hartnell. I'm all for giving his spot in the top 6 to Simmons, a similar style player who is younger and far far cheaper. Let us trade Hartnell to the Habs for their 2012 1st and run with this at forward:

Simmons - Briere - Jagr
JVR - Giroux - Voracek
Talbot - Schenn - Nodl
Betts/Holmstrom/Rinaldo/Shelly/Wellwood/Read/whatever else to fill out the 4th line

There are a bunch of other deals I'd like to see us make but I'd be happy with this one as a start.

If Talbot and Nodl are in our top 9: Bryz better have a gaa of under 2. Both are 4th liners.

DrinkFightFlyers 08-22-2011 07:20 AM

Bobrovsky. Nothing against the guy, but he is probably going to get a decent return and his value is only going to go down playing 20-25 games the next few years.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.