HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Keith Primeau? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=97238)

TML 08-11-2004 01:10 PM

Keith Primeau?
 
Hey guys

I'm in a fantasy hockey pool and my pick is coming up(#209). It ISN"T a keeper league. Points are the only thing that matters in the league, no penalty minutes, etc...

Keith Primeau is still available.

What are your expectations of him next year? Will he be the 1st or 2nd line center? Do you think he'll see any power play time? Is 50 points a possibility?

Any thoughts/input?

Thanks!

-LOC

blah 08-11-2004 01:21 PM

I wouldn't take him. He's probably going to be on a line with Kapanen and Stevenson.

GKJ 08-11-2004 01:40 PM

50 points is a possibility, but not as likely as you would think.

TML 08-11-2004 01:45 PM

Thanks for the advice/replies. :)

DaaaaB's 08-11-2004 01:47 PM

How can you not expect him to get 50 points after the playoffs he just had?
My guess would be he gets anywhere from 60-75 points.

blah 08-11-2004 02:00 PM

He'll likely go back to the role he played last regular season. We could probably see him on a scoring line in late game situations, but he should get the majority of his minutes with Kapanen and Stevenson against the opposing teams top line.

GKJ 08-11-2004 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaaaaB's
How can you not expect him to get 50 points after the playoffs he just had?
My guess would be he gets anywhere from 60-75 points.

Because it's Keith Primeau. He has been inconsistent his whole carreer. It wouldn't shock me if he came back and had another 23 point season.

blah 08-11-2004 02:26 PM

I fully expect him to come back and do that. I don't really care what he does in the regular season either. As long as his future playoff performances are close to the one he just had I'll have no complaints. Hopefully he's the anti-LeClair.

GKJ 08-11-2004 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
I fully expect him to come back and do that. I don't really care what he does in the regular season either. As long as his future playoff performances are close to the one he just had I'll have no complaints. Hopefully he's the anti-LeClair.

close is not enough. As good as Primeau was he needs to be even better. He had 2 points on the road in the playoffs.

blah 08-11-2004 03:18 PM

You're measuring what he did in only goals and assists? :shakehead

paxtang 08-11-2004 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
close is not enough. As good as Primeau was he needs to be even better. He had 2 points on the road in the playoffs.

Because as teams recognized how he was performing, they started to match up against him on the road instead of the scoring lines. This was more the fault of the rest of the team's inability to really put any sort of numbers up after the NJ series, so the D was focused on Primeau.

Jester 08-11-2004 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaaaaB's
How can you not expect him to get 50 points after the playoffs he just had?
My guess would be he gets anywhere from 60-75 points.

i would be astonished.

35 pts and a good +/- will make me happy. hopefully a selke trophy to go with it.

Rails 08-11-2004 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
i would be astonished.

35 pts and a good +/- will make me happy. hopefully a selke trophy to go with it.

20 goals, 25 assists, +15 or higher would make me happy.

Jester 08-12-2004 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harper
20 goals, 25 assists, +15 or higher would make me happy.

would you be disappointed with 35pts and a selke?

obviously the more the merrier.

GoneFullHextall 08-12-2004 10:30 AM

Its a tough call. where he plays depends i would think if the Flyers resign Zhamnov or bring in someone else ie. Demitra. he thrives in the checking center position thou and i would have to think that is where he will end up.

Jester 08-12-2004 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
Its a tough call. where he plays depends i would think if the Flyers resign Zhamnov or bring in someone else ie. Demitra. he thrives in the checking center position thou and i would have to think that is where he will end up.

it has already been stated that is where he's going to be. doesn't make sense to move him away from it either, it isn't like he's lacked for scoring opps during his tenure in that role for us... he simply started to bury them in the playoffs, if that continues he will put up good numbers.

in 2002-2003 he led the team in scoring chances, from the "checking" line role(really should be called "matchup" line), just didn't finish.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.