HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hurricanes sign Forbes,Dwyer (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=97262)

Chevy Cheveldae 08-11-2004 02:54 PM

Hurricanes sign Forbes,Dwyer

http://carolinahurricanes.com/news/n...articleid=1275

Team Dandenault 08-11-2004 05:43 PM

Can't wait to see that Forbes-Staal-Dwyer line.

Zoo 08-11-2004 06:31 PM

Forbes is a good fourth line forward. Nice size, plays soild defence. He just needs to find some consistency in his game. If only he used that size more on a regular basis.

RaTcine 08-11-2004 06:50 PM

Happy for you if you're happy with Dwyer, but I'm pretty happy he's gone from MTL.

Rscorpio 08-11-2004 06:52 PM

the punching bag still play in the NHL :amazed:

Sotnos 08-11-2004 07:59 PM

Dwyer still making the rounds, I see. Any 'Canes fans think he'll stick with the big club?

DaveG 08-11-2004 10:04 PM

IMO he's depth in case another back-half of the 02-03 season happens injury wise, hardly any chance he'll get playing time unless it's in Lowell.

Patty Roy 08-11-2004 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaTcine
Happy for you if you're happy with Dwyer, but I'm pretty happy he's gone from MTL.

Personally i was fine with having Dwyer in the Habs farm system. Say what you will about his lack of fighting "skill", but this was a kid who would give it his absolute all every shift and would not hesitate to defend a teammate.

That said, even with Langdon gone to NJ, Dwyer didn't stand a chance in hell of making the Habs roster at any point in the future.

Sotnos 08-11-2004 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveG
IMO he's depth in case another back-half of the 02-03 season happens injury wise, hardly any chance he'll get playing time unless it's in Lowell.

OK, that's what I figured, thanks!

I agree with what PR says above, the best thing about Dwyer is: he doesn't hesitate to defend a teammate, even though he's not the best at it. :)

Timmy1973 08-12-2004 06:59 AM

Man is Gordie Dwyer borders on absolutely worthless. The only things he can do marginally well is get into fights and get caught out of position to go after a big hit. At least they were the only things he could do in Tampa and those were on the horrid teams of three/four years ago. Why would Carolina even waste the time and money writing out a contract? The guy deserves to be a fourth line goon in the ECHL if even there. And the linked press release says he has skill... :badidea:

KILLger 08-12-2004 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy1973
Man is Gordie Dwyer borders on absolutely worthless. The only things he can do marginally well is get into fights and get caught out of position to go after a big hit. At least they were the only things he could do in Tampa and those were on the horrid teams of three/four years ago. Why would Carolina even waste the time and money writing out a contract? The guy deserves to be a fourth line goon in the ECHL if even there. And the linked press release says he has skill... :badidea:

He's supposedly good in the room... Singing Irish Drunken Songs, joking around...

Sotnos 08-12-2004 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLger
He's supposedly good in the room... Singing Irish Drunken Songs, joking around...

I've also heard he's a great "team guy", but skill??? What skill is that...extra fast glove dropping? ;)

paxtang 08-12-2004 11:03 AM

I don't see Dwyer bumping Boulerice.

HughJass* 08-12-2004 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paxtang
I don't see Dwyer bumping Boulerice.

I don't see anyone bumping Boulerice, especially if he continues to work on the rest of his skills.

These are signings are great for Lowell, but Forbes probably has a good chance to make the big club for extended periods of time.

Heavy D 08-12-2004 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sotnos
he doesn't hesitate to defend a teammate, even though he's not the best at it. :)

That's accurate. He's a good team guy, but his fighting skill reminds me of "Glass Joe" from the old Punch-Out game.

Rex88 08-12-2004 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHurricane16
I don't see anyone bumping Boulerice, especially if he continues to work on the rest of his skills.

These are signings are great for Lowell, but Forbes probably has a good chance to make the big club for extended periods of time.

If Forbes is more than an occasional call up... well that is a bad state of affairs in Caneland.
On the other hand, Boulerice is a lot of fun to watch play and fight. I hope he can have some luck this year and stay healthy.

HughJass* 08-12-2004 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex88
If Forbes is more than an occasional call up... well that is a bad state of affairs in Caneland.

Exactly. I'd rather see this guy with size than guys like Marty Murray & Craig Adams. I've never been big on big stiffs until I had to watch guys get pushed around every night and not do a damn thing about it ;)

CapsCrazy 08-13-2004 12:27 AM

Sad to see Forbesy (as he's called in Washington) take off. I liked the guy's energy and he can chip in a goal or two every now and then too.