HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Proposal: Ottawa - Winnipeg (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=973545)

Orange Thunder 08-24-2011 10:29 AM

Ottawa - Winnipeg
 
First proposal, so its probably bad.

To Ottawa
Bryan Little

To Winnipeg
Nick Foligno
Patrick Wiercoch
Louie Caporusso
2nd Round Pick

Anyone add/subtract? I like Little, and saw a thread in the Trades forum asking for Little's value, and a Sens fan proposed Foligno+3rd, which was way off. So I thought of this, not sure if its good/bad. Little would fit here because he's young and we are rebuilding, so he could help the youngsters out.

Flame away.

Smeddy 08-24-2011 10:30 AM

I'd take that and run.

stempniaksen 08-24-2011 10:42 AM

As much as I like Little I think it's actually too much from Ottawa. You also have to consider Winnipeg's awful center depth (just as bad as ours) so they won't be eager to make this trade either.

Orange Thunder 08-24-2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stempniaksen (Post 36166711)
As much as I like Little I think it's actually too much from Ottawa. You also have to consider Winnipeg's awful center depth (just as bad as ours) so they won't be eager to make this trade either.

So maybe we add Regin or Da Costa instead of Wiercoch/Caporusso?

Do Make Say Think 08-24-2011 10:46 AM

Not good enough if I'm the Jets.

New team needs help right now, they get decent prospects yes but for the short term it hurts them: not good for a new franchise that absolutely needs to make sure they sell out every home game.

The Fuhr* 08-24-2011 10:55 AM

great deal for the Sens... we give up nothing that hurts for a young player who has a 30G season to his name

Buck Aki Berg 08-24-2011 11:01 AM

We'd then need to trade with Toronto to get Jeff Finger and with Buffalo to get Brad Boyes, then convince Finger to play left wing - then we'd have a line of Finger-Little-Boyes.

Orange Thunder 08-24-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haymaker (Post 36167155)
We'd then need to trade with Toronto to get Jeff Finger and with Buffalo to get Brad Boyes, then convince Finger to play left wing - then we'd have a line of Finger-Little-Boyes.

:laugh:

trentmccleary 08-24-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fuhr (Post 36167001)
great deal for the Sens... we give up nothing that hurts for a young player who has a 30G season to his name

Yeah and 30 goals in two full years combined since. How could we let the next Lee Stemniak pass through our fingers?

Caporusso isn't worth anything IMO, but the both the high 2nd and Wiercioch are worth quite a bit. I'd offer 1 & Foligno to improve the whopping 12 points per 82 games from him to Little... but no more.

Honestly, 2nd liners aren't what's going to make it or break it for us. The only time we should ever be desperate to acquire a 2nd liner is when we're close and it would push us over the top. A guy like Bryan Little wouldn't do a heck of a lot to improve us whatsoever.

OmniSens 08-24-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haymaker (Post 36167155)
We'd then need to trade with Toronto to get Jeff Finger and with Buffalo to get Brad Boyes, then convince Finger to play left wing - then we'd have a line of Finger-Little-Boyes.

:facepalm:


I'm not too high on trading Foligno, but I do like this deal. Little would be a great asset for us

pt_mck 08-24-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Guy (Post 36166801)
Not good enough if I'm the Jets.

New team needs help right now, they get decent prospects yes but for the short term it hurts them: not good for a new franchise that absolutely needs to make sure they sell out every home game.

Jets don't have troubles selling tickets..

Icelevel 08-24-2011 11:19 AM

too much imo. wiercioch could turn out into something and foligno still has this year to prove himself and i think he can. caporusso probably isn't much of a loss but the 2nd is valuable.

all this for a guy who, yeah had 30 goals (3 years ago), in the last two full seasons has 12 goals and 18 goals? Foligno's numbers are just as good over those 2 years and they're the same age.

I could see Foligno with close to the same points as Little this year.

Stylizer1 08-24-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haymaker (Post 36167155)
We'd then need to trade with Toronto to get Jeff Finger and with Buffalo to get Brad Boyes, then convince Finger to play left wing - then we'd have a line of Finger-Little-Boyes.

Post of the year. lol

Shanny 08-24-2011 11:30 AM

Little is awesome, but I'm in favour of not trading Foligno. He's a solid guy to have in your bottom 6 and imo is the type of player you ''win'' with.

Every good team has a guy in their bottom 6 who can just as easily step up onto one of the first 2 lines when called upon, Foligno fits that role perfectly.

SpezDispenser 08-24-2011 11:31 AM

I hate giving up the late first (our 2nd rounder), but I'd still do it. Pretty solid proposal.

TeamRenzo 08-24-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haymaker (Post 36167155)
We'd then need to trade with Toronto to get Jeff Finger and with Buffalo to get Brad Boyes, then convince Finger to play left wing - then we'd have a line of Finger-Little-Boyes.

Haha, well played...10/10!

Do Make Say Think 08-24-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pt_mck (Post 36167567)
Jets don't have troubles selling tickets..

They didn't have trouble selling out riding a wave of enthusiasm for the returning heroes.

If the team blows you might start selling less tickets, and with that arena they cannot allow that to happen.

My point is that Winnipeg needs to do everything they can to sell out to be financially stable. Trading Little for prospects and Foligno is not going to help them ice a competitive team now, and when you consider how poorly they did at the end of last year, that team needs to have a strong season now, not in a few years.

Iamok 08-24-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Guy (Post 36168215)
They didn't have trouble selling out riding a wave of enthusiasm for the returning heroes.

If the team blows you might start selling less tickets, and with that arena they cannot allow that to happen.

My point is that Winnipeg needs to do everything they can to sell out to be financially stable. Trading Little for prospects and Foligno is not going to help them ice a competitive team now, and when you consider how poorly they did at the end of last year, that team needs to have a strong season now, not in a few years.

They've got only a few thousand non-season tickets going around. That building will pretty much always be sold out, regardless of the on ice product.

The Fuhr* 08-24-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trentmccleary (Post 36167295)
Yeah and 30 goals in two full years combined since. How could we let the next Lee Stemniak pass through our fingers?

Caporusso isn't worth anything IMO, but the both the high 2nd and Wiercioch are worth quite a bit. I'd offer 1 & Foligno to improve the whopping 12 points per 82 games from him to Little... but no more.

Honestly, 2nd liners aren't what's going to make it or break it for us. The only time we should ever be desperate to acquire a 2nd liner is when we're close and it would push us over the top. A guy like Bryan Little wouldn't do a heck of a lot to improve us whatsoever.

Little`s last three seasons
08-09
31G 50Pts (4:00PP per game)
35Tkaways 23GVaways

09-10
13G 34Pts (2:58PP per game)
51Tkaways 15Gvaways

10-11
18G 48Pts (2:28PP per game)
80Tkaways 22Gvaways

Little despite having PP time slashed from the 31G season two years ago had put up very good numbers last year.
He is also developing into an elite takeaway specialist without giving the puck up himself.

His offensive game is developing and I am sure with the added PP time he can jump up to the 60+ point mark... add in his take away ability and he is developing into a very valuable player... a first liner

BonkTastic 08-24-2011 11:57 AM

Heck yes, I'll do this deal in a heartbeat. LOVE Little's game. Seeing #10 in a Sens jersey for the next 5 years (at least) would be a huge win.

Abso-fricking-lutely.

ChocolateLeclaire 08-24-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Guy (Post 36168215)
They didn't have trouble selling out riding a wave of enthusiasm for the returning heroes.

If the team blows you might start selling less tickets, and with that arena they cannot allow that to happen.

My point is that Winnipeg needs to do everything they can to sell out to be financially stable. Trading Little for prospects and Foligno is not going to help them ice a competitive team now, and when you consider how poorly they did at the end of last year, that team needs to have a strong season now, not in a few years.

You really have no clue about the situation in Winnipeg do you?

They've sold out 13K of a possible 15K seats for the next 3-5 years (5 years being the minimum contract length for the expensive 100 level seats). Of the remaining 2K, 1K goes to the league and team, leaving 1K seats for walk up.

The Jets will do fantastic business for the next 5 years minimum so a trade like that wouldn't hurt them at all. In fact, having guys like Wiercoch, Caprusso and the 2nd round pick would probably do them better since they don't really need to be competitive right now.

pt_mck 08-24-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Guy (Post 36168215)
They didn't have trouble selling out riding a wave of enthusiasm for the returning heroes.

If the team blows you might start selling less tickets, and with that arena they cannot allow that to happen.

My point is that Winnipeg needs to do everything they can to sell out to be financially stable. Trading Little for prospects and Foligno is not going to help them ice a competitive team now, and when you consider how poorly they did at the end of last year, that team needs to have a strong season now, not in a few years.

The novelty of regetting the franchise will not wear off for a few years. By then the prospects will be more than ready.

I think after all that has gone on Jets fans aren't exactly bandwagon jumpers.

kyle747 08-24-2011 12:53 PM

yeah...no. Horrific trade for Ottawa. We need goals and other than one good season Little has nothing to offer us. Not sure I would trade Foligno straight up here.

We don't need those 18 goals that bad. Foligno had 14 with less ice-time/game.

------------------

Winnipeg is too small and can't provide the kind of support needed for an NHL franchise. That is; they need to fill big money suites, and I doubt they can do that.

Canadian dollar turns, and they are gone.

2CHAINZ 08-24-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haymaker (Post 36167155)
We'd then need to trade with Toronto to get Jeff Finger and with Buffalo to get Brad Boyes, then convince Finger to play left wing - then we'd have a line of Finger-Little-Boyes.

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/ima...y_clapping.gif

LOLLLLLLL

BonkTastic 08-24-2011 01:22 PM

I just wanted to re-iterate the point that I would do this deal...



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.