HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Sean Avery cartoon (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=976345)

RangerBoy 08-30-2011 06:13 AM

Sean Avery cartoon

In the current issue of The Hockey News

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/wordpr...artoon-THN.jpg

They forgot

e)Restaurant and bar owner

f)plays hockey;)

FromTheSide 08-30-2011 06:23 AM

Let me guess, his head is small and he has no neck because he turles amirite?

abev 08-30-2011 07:54 AM

Did Avery technically "criticize" his ex-girlfriend? Jusaskin.

Mr Wentworth 08-30-2011 08:34 AM

How could they forget "plays hockey" when that is choice E?

Berard4VP2219 08-30-2011 08:43 AM

yea, saw this on the SNY blog the other day

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2011/0...e-hockey-news/

Propane Nightmares 08-30-2011 01:52 PM

Love it :laugh:

Avery316 08-30-2011 01:59 PM

this is so clever......haha... haha... ha..........ha..........

vipernsx 08-30-2011 02:21 PM

Oh c'mon fewer people have rules named after them then awards, that's how legendary Sean Avery is!

Quote:

Originally Posted by abev (Post 36305251)
Did Avery technically "criticize" his ex-girlfriend? Jusaskin.

I'm with you on that one. It was the new Boo being the runner up if I remember correctly.

TonyTheGr8 08-30-2011 03:35 PM

I should get this put on a t-shirt. Brilliant!

Declan 08-30-2011 09:26 PM

no "all of the above" option?

RangerBoy 09-01-2011 10:48 PM

Avery was planning to get arrested at some protest about some pipeline but he changed his mind or someone changed his mind.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp11677

What's going on here? Is he really trying to end his hockey career? Does he even care about it anymore? This guy is a pain in the ass.

nyr2k2 09-01-2011 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 36382815)
Avery was planning to get arrested at some protest about some pipeline but he changed his mind or someone changed his mind.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp11677

What's going on here? Is he really trying to end his hockey career? Does he even care about it anymore? This guy is a pain in the ass.

I've been arrested at protests of various types 3 times in my life. It's about as far from a big deal as it gets. You go back to processing, sign a couple papers and you're off. Politicans, actors, regular citizens get arrested at protests on a daily basis. Who cares? The guy has interests outside of hockey, and this would in no way impact his ability to play hockey. A non-issue.

EDIT: Now that I've read about the issue a little, maybe I'll hop on the Metro tomorrow and shoot for number four. :naughty:

RangerBoy 09-02-2011 06:25 AM

Avery is a hockey player. That is what pays his bills. $4M salary this season and the last 2 seasons. Hockey should be his #1 priority. Not campaigning for gay marriage. Not planning to get arrested for some pipeline. Do you see any other players with so many other activities outside of hockey?

Tomas Sandstrom 28 09-02-2011 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 36386617)
Avery is a hockey player. That is what pays his bills. $4M salary this season and the last 2 seasons. Hockey should be his #1 priority. Not campaigning for gay marriage. Not planning to get arrested for some pipeline. Do you see any other players with so many other activities outside of hockey?

What is the difference between this and a pro athlete campaigning for something like disease awareness? or donating their time to a charity? Would you question Adam Graves' priorities while he was visting a sick kid in a hospital? It's something Sean obiously believes in and something he does with his personal time.

Pro hockey players are not on the job 24/7, they have personal lives and interests outside of the sport.

Silence Of The Plams 09-02-2011 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emma Royd (Post 36382925)
I've been arrested at protests of various types 3 times in my life. It's about as far from a big deal as it gets. You go back to processing, sign a couple papers and you're off. Politicans, actors, regular citizens get arrested at protests on a daily basis. Who cares? The guy has interests outside of hockey, and this would in no way impact his ability to play hockey. A non-issue.

EDIT: Now that I've read about the issue a little, maybe I'll hop on the Metro tomorrow and shoot for number four. :naughty:

I was arrested in december 2010 when we (Myself and like, 50 other rabid fans who couldn't get to the game cause the tracks froze) because when we FINALLY got to NY Penn Station, we were screaming and yelling "Let's go Rangers!" Cause the train driver dude, even though we were done riding the train, felt that cause he didn't like it, called the police. December 27, 2010... the memories....:laugh:

gotmonte 09-02-2011 06:59 PM

I am DONE with Avery. I cant take him anymore. The league is against him. The coaching staff have had enough with him. Avery doesnt play ANYWHERE NEAR what he used to bring to this organization. He is a media ***** lately.

Just cut bait with this loser. Either trade him. Bury him. If those are not options, buy him out. Hell he has a small cap hit, I just dont know if we buy him out we pay what WE are paying him or what his contract calls for between us AND Dallas. If it is the full thing than we have a problem. But I just want this POS off the team.. Away from our rookies/young players. He is no good for us or the team or the city.

gotmonte 09-02-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan (Post 36387373)
I was arrested in december 2010 when we (Myself and like, 50 other rabid fans who couldn't get to the game cause the tracks froze) because when we FINALLY got to NY Penn Station, we were screaming and yelling "Let's go Rangers!" Cause the train driver dude, even though we were done riding the train, felt that cause he didn't like it, called the police. December 27, 2010... the memories....:laugh:

wait, WHAAAAAT?

That is the worst story I ever heard. You were "chanting" and got arrested? Was is loitering? Unlawful gathering without proper permit? What was the crime?

Jesus. I know we have a lot more crime than this. I mean THIS?! I would have laughed my arse off and kept it moving if I was the first responder to that call.!

gotmonte 09-02-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomas Sandstrom 28 (Post 36387189)
What is the difference between this and a pro athlete campaigning for something like disease awareness? or donating their time to a charity? Would you question Adam Graves' priorities while he was visting a sick kid in a hospital? It's something Sean obiously believes in and something he does with his personal time.

Pro hockey players are not on the job 24/7, they have personal lives and interests outside of the sport.

If Adam Graves was planning on getting arrested for his charity I would frown upon it no matter what the case was. You are publicly going on record for saying basically " I dont care about laws. i am an outlaw and if the law doesnt fit my style, I will break it" and this is right after he was arrested (whether wrongfully or rightfully) for "assault on an officer". I know he beat it, but you would think a person who has just brought heat to himself and his organization (cause lets face it, any negative light on a player IS negative light to the organization.. atleast thats what brass believes) would stay OUT of the limelight and away from more public negative issues.

Edited: I did not read entire OP. LOL

nyr2k2 09-02-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotmonte (Post 36401275)
If Adam Graves was planning on getting arrested for his charity I would frown upon it no matter what the case was. You are publicly going on record for saying basically " I dont care about laws. i am an outlaw and if the law doesnt fit my style, I will break it" and this is right after he was arrested (whether wrongfully or rightfully) for "assault on an officer". I know he beat it, but you would think a person who has just brought heat to himself and his organization (cause lets face it, any negative light on a player IS negative light to the organization.. atleast thats what brass believes) would stay OUT of the limelight and away from more public negative issues. Whether you believe in gay rights or not. Mr. Sean Avery, New York just legalized gay marriages.. You play in new york. You live in new york. WHY are you protesting this? New York has legalized it. Just stop already.

Ahaha, did you read the article? Avery is protesting an oil pipeline, not supporting gay marriage.

Going to a protest with the intent of getting arrested isn't saying "I don't care about the law." It's saying, "I feel so passionate about this cause that I'm willing to go to jail for it." Not that he'd even go to jail...

gotmonte 09-02-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emma Royd (Post 36401599)
Ahaha, did you read the article? Avery is protesting an oil pipeline, not supporting gay marriage.

Going to a protest with the intent of getting arrested isn't saying "I don't care about the law." It's saying, "I feel so passionate about this cause that I'm willing to go to jail for it." Not that he'd even go to jail...

Oh DOH!

I read "Avery wants to get arrested for protest" and automatically thought it was gay rights.

Ok, so different fight/same outcome. LOL

Cynical TyranT 09-02-2011 08:30 PM

Cant believe the ridiculous overreactions about a guy wanting to protest something. Such a non-issue its absurd. Put the haterade down and step away from the cooler for awhile

gotmonte 09-02-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT (Post 36402703)
Cant believe the ridiculous overreactions about a guy wanting to protest something. Such a non-issue its absurd. Put the haterade down and step away from the cooler for awhile

Its not ONE issue, its cumulative.

The guy has been a burden now for a few years with the Rangers and his off-ice behavior has been on a downward spiral. getting arrested TWICE in ONE off-season is more than a bit of ridiculousness.

haveandare 09-02-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotmonte (Post 36402761)
Its not ONE issue, its cumulative.

The guy has been a burden now for a few years with the Rangers and his off-ice behavior has been on a downward spiral. getting arrested TWICE in ONE off-season is more than a bit of ridiculousness.

He is protesting a VERY relevant social issue in the pipeline. You not knowing or caring about it does not make it any less important. People don't stand outside the white house for days to get arrested because something isn't important to them.

Him getting arrested and then having charges dropped because he didn't commit a crime is a sign of a downward spiral? That could happen to literally anybody. He "got away with it" because he didn't commit any crime. Thats not a sign of bad behavior at all.

What else? Sloppy seconds, which happened nearly 3 years ago? Supporting gay marriage, which is another extremely relevant social issue?

This whole narrative of Sean Avery being this repeat offender who has a record a mile long doesn't add up to me. He's done very few real problematic things. Since the sloppy seconds comment everything he's done has been blown out of proportion.

gotmonte 09-02-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haveandare (Post 36403235)
He is protesting a VERY relevant social issue in the pipeline. You not knowing or caring about it does not make it any less important. People don't stand outside the white house for days to get arrested because something isn't important to them.

Him getting arrested and then having charges dropped because he didn't commit a crime is a sign of a downward spiral? That could happen to literally anybody. He "got away with it" because he didn't commit any crime. Thats not a sign of bad behavior at all.

What else? Sloppy seconds, which happened nearly 3 years ago? Supporting gay marriage, which is another extremely relevant social issue?

This whole narrative of Sean Avery being this repeat offender who has a record a mile long doesn't add up to me. He's done very few real problematic things. Since the sloppy seconds comment everything he's done has been blown out of proportion.

So...

1)- Having Avery on the team and the league steadfast against him helps the team?

2)- Having tort's against him helps the environment?

3)- Having Avery in the news every other week lately helps the team image, brand name?

4)- Having Avery not care about his social image helps the team image how?

5)- Having Avery in the media all the time which officials read/see and might feel against his thoughts/wishes/opinions in which might cause penalties against him for nonesense helps the team how again?

Avery has been a joke in the league for a LOOONG time now but was effective for the Rangers. Once Avery became a non-factor on the ice (except for having penalties called against us each shift) he became a non-factor for the league and the Rangers. He needs to go and needs to go now.

Having his name brought up in negative light in the off-season (and now he seems to WANT the negative light) is only helping his cause to be kicked off this team.

I wonder how Tort's feels when he reads this garbage about Avery? I am sure he is licking his chops to bench his arse.

We shall see though. Only time will tell but he wont be effective for us, but will be against us (all while wearing the same damn jersey)

haveandare 09-02-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotmonte (Post 36403367)
So...

1)- Having Avery on the team and the league steadfast against him helps the team?

2)- Having tort's against him helps the environment?

3)- Having Avery in the news every other week lately helps the team image, brand name?

4)- Having Avery not care about his social image helps the team image how?

5)- Having Avery in the media all the time which officials read/see and might feel against his thoughts/wishes/opinions in which might cause penalties against him for nonesense helps the team how again?

Avery has been a joke in the league for a LOOONG time now but was effective for the Rangers. Once Avery became a non-factor on the ice (except for having penalties called against us each shift) he became a non-factor for the league and the Rangers. He needs to go and needs to go now.

Having his name brought up in negative light in the off-season (and now he seems to WANT the negative light) is only helping his cause to be kicked off this team.

I wonder how Tort's feels when he reads this garbage about Avery? I am sure he is licking his chops to bench his arse.

We shall see though. Only time will tell but he wont be effective for us, but will be against us (all while wearing the same damn jersey)

1 & 2 have nothing to do with a record of him being a "bad guy" - they're opinions of him that aren't even really confirmed

3. In the news every other week? Do you mean 3 times in recent memory, one of which was TMZ, which as we all learned later, was horribly misinformed and the other two of which were him supporting progressive social causes?

4. Not caring about his social image? Based on what? Sean is showing that he does care about his social image by speaking out in favor of gay marriage and against this pipeline - his values just aren't in line with yours. This protest against the pipeline that he was going to support is the largest act of civil disobedience by environmentalists in decades. Its a big deal. Bigger than the image of a hockey player if you can believe it.

5. Are you suggesting that a referee is going to call something on Avery that he might not call on someone else because he supports gay marriage or is opposed to a destructive construction project? Thats an issue for that ref, not for the player involved.

Lastly, I'd imagine that Torts decides who plays and who doesn't based on hockey skill and success in game situations - not on what social causes a player supports.