HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Easton Shanahan blade..? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=976443)

onetimer 08-30-2011 11:15 AM

Easton Shanahan blade..?
 
This was my favorite blade. Noticed they are no longer made. I thought I had read that they were bringing this curve back, but under a different player name. Anyone have any info?

Lososaurus 08-30-2011 11:21 AM

http://www.hockeygiant.com/bladechart.html

Code:

Name        Curve  Depth            Face                Lie    Toe          Length
Shanahan        Mid            Moderate        Slightly Open        6        Square        Long

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/easton-blades.html

It's now has the Camalleri name on it. Most importantly, it's P2( Pattern 2 ) for Easton. Stick makers will stick whatever big name is currently in the game( or has a deal with them ) on the stick, but the pattern and pattern number remain the same. The current Zetterberg used to be Forsberg and before that was Modano

ponder 08-30-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lososaurus (Post 36309191)
http://www.hockeygiant.com/bladechart.html

Code:

Name        Curve  Depth            Face                Lie    Toe          Length
Shanahan        Mid            Moderate        Slightly Open        6        Square        Long

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/easton-blades.html

It's now has the Camalleri name on it. Most importantly, it's P2( Pattern 2 ) for Easton. Stick makers will stick whatever big name is currently in the game( or has a deal with them ) on the stick, but the pattern and pattern number remain the same. The current Zetterberg used to be Forsberg and before that was Modano

Funny you mention the Modano/Forsberg/Zetterberg (aka Bauer PM9), because now that Zetterberg left Easton THAT curve is now called the Cammalleri! You're right though that until very recently, the Cammalleri was the Shanahan clone, but I believe they once again no longer make this curve (and neither do any of the other major manufacturers AFAIK).

onetimer, you can still probably find 2010 Cammalleri curves (the Shanahan ones, not the Zetterberg ones), but not for long as it's been discontinued again, so I'd suggest stocking up on a few sticks/blades while you can!

thedonger 08-30-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lososaurus (Post 36309191)
http://www.hockeygiant.com/bladechart.html

Code:

Name        Curve  Depth            Face                Lie    Toe          Length
Shanahan        Mid            Moderate        Slightly Open        6        Square        Long

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/easton-blades.html

It's now has the Camalleri name on it. Most importantly, it's P2( Pattern 2 ) for Easton. Stick makers will stick whatever big name is currently in the game( or has a deal with them ) on the stick, but the pattern and pattern number remain the same. The current Zetterberg used to be Forsberg and before that was Modano

and now it is the camalleri. the new camalleri is no longer the shanahan like the '10 camalleri was.

Jarick 08-30-2011 02:09 PM

And of course in real life Cammalleri uses a blade close to the Sakic. They need to just stop putting player names on the blades, it's confusing.

GLG 08-30-2011 03:23 PM

Wait the MODANO/FORSBERG/ZETTERBERG will now be CAMMALLERI ?

I was at Pro Hockey Life on the weekend & saw a Cammalleri pattern in an S19 but it's nothing like the "Modano" it was definitely the old "Shanahan"

ponder 08-30-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLG (Post 36316031)
Wait the MODANO/FORSBERG/ZETTERBERG will now be CAMMALLERI ?

I was at Pro Hockey Life on the weekend & saw a Cammalleri pattern in an S19 but it's nothing like the "Modano" it was definitely the old "Shanahan"

Yeah, it's a very recent change. AFAIK the Cammalleri has gone from a Shanny clone to a Forsberg clone, while the "old" Cammalleri (the Shanny clone) has been discontinued, but should still be easy enough to find since it was discontinued quite recently.

AIREAYE 08-30-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponder (Post 36316637)
Yeah, it's a very recent change. AFAIK the Cammalleri has gone from a Shanny clone to a Forsberg clone, while the "old" Cammalleri (the Shanny clone) has been discontinued, but should still be easy enough to find since it was discontinued quite recently.

QFT :)

GLG 08-30-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIREAYE (Post 36316727)
QFT :)


QFT ---- what does that mean ?

OvenChicken8 08-30-2011 04:12 PM

Quoted For Truth


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.