HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Price/Budaj Goalie Equipment (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=977791)

Gainey#1* 09-01-2011 02:15 PM

Price/Budaj Goalie Equipment

Hey guys,

Thought I would start a new thread given that we are close to the start of training camp and pre-season.

I saw this on the main NHL board, and saw a couple pictures of Price testing out some new equipment.

Looks like he is sticking with the all white, but perhaps moving away from the Vaughn's?

I thought anyone who found any new pictures of Price or Budaj can post their equipment in here!

I will get us started:

http://i.imgur.com/WftOR.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6121/...70caa9ba_b.jpg

Edit: I should also mention, that the one poster on the NHL board confirmed that the blocker and glove Price is wearing is a 100% new design, whereas the pad's are last years model. I would imagine he is waiting to receive the new design.

He also mentioned that Carey had his Vaughn's made to "feel like Reebok's". Interesting.

JHabs61 09-01-2011 02:31 PM

I knew it wouldn't happen but I was hoping Price would try a bit more Colorful equipment.....but white looks good lol

patsbury 09-01-2011 02:33 PM

Those all-white gears are really neat looking. I hope to see a lot of puck-rubber marks of them this year :)

Gainey#1* 09-01-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Price2Pleks (Post 36371007)
I knew it wouldn't happen but I was hoping Price would try a bit more Colorful equipment.....but white looks good lol

Well the red pads were a complete disaster..haha.

But I agree, it would be nice to see a little color in the white. Heck, his pads last year had a red and blue stripe...at least it was something!

29dryden29 09-01-2011 02:52 PM

Terrible decision to move away from Vaughn mind you Reebok/CCM pay and Vaughn doesn't so there is thatr factor also. Budaj is wearing all Vaughn this season and not Bauer like last season.

JHabs61 09-01-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plekamaniac (Post 36371445)
Well the red pads were a complete disaster..haha.

But I agree, it would be nice to see a little color in the white. Heck, his pads last year had a red and blue stripe...at least it was something!

Yes, the all red was horrible....But something like Budajs last year with a few big stripes.....just something other than PLAINWHITE! Last years were barely not white... it had a two 3 inch stripes... but anyway JUST SOMETHING.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 09-01-2011 03:53 PM

Anything other than white is bad. Bright colours make it easier for players to evade the glove/blocker.

You know it's a loooong off-season when we start discussing the backup's equipment :(

PATCHESx67 09-01-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsolument90 (Post 36373285)
Anything other than white is bad. Bright colours make it easier for players to evade the glove/blocker.

You know it's a loooong off-season when we start discussing the backup's equipment :(

BAMMM we have a winner

ask price or MAF about that :laugh:

macavoy 09-01-2011 04:38 PM

I don't get why they change equipment. I hated breaking in new equipment. Once something works good, I want to keep it.

Freaky Habs Fan 09-01-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 36374287)
I don't get why they change equipment. I hated breaking in new equipment. Once something works good, I want to keep it.

I can't remember for sure, but I think Price go through a few pads during a season. He breaks them during practice, then use them for a while during the games.

JHabs61 09-01-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan (Post 36374501)
I can't remember for sure, but I think Price go through a few pads during a season. He breaks them during practice, then use them for a while during the games.

Yeah, or he Breaks them in on the last game of the season Vs Leafs for playoffs ;)

Protest the Hero 09-01-2011 05:02 PM

He should go with the brown equipment, it fits so well with our jerseys.

Stjonnypopo 09-01-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 29dryden29 (Post 36371539)
Terrible decision to move away from Vaughn mind you Reebok/CCM pay and Vaughn doesn't so there is thatr factor also. Budaj is wearing all Vaughn this season and not Bauer like last season.

Why would moving away from Vaughn be a "terrible decision"

I don't see how changing pads could be a terrible decision. Are you confident that he's going to play worse in Reebok? Do players who wear Reebok get injured more?

29dryden29 09-01-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo (Post 36374799)
Why would moving away from Vaughn be a "terrible decision"

I don't see how changing pads could be a terrible decision. Are you confident that he's going to play worse in Reebok? Do players who wear Reebok get injured more?

Having played in both I can tell you that the feel and playability of Vaughn gear exceeds the RBK stuff. All my stuff is custom made and made to my specs etc very much like pro gear and having the Vaughn factory right here in London I have had the pleasure of watching them build my stuff. I know Price prefers a stiff outer face of his pads as he doesn't generaly absorb shots and uses them to direct pucs away but the RBK stuff tends to break down quicker than the Vaughn gear.

Spy 09-01-2011 05:23 PM

Well the factory for Reebok gear is right here in Montreal so that's a plus for him. Also, the new P4 pads will offer new customization that the old Revoke/P3 pads did not have. So maybe that's why he switched. At the end of the day though it's a question of preference. If the Vaughn equipment was that much superior to the other companies, every goalie would be wearing them.

Rushin Joo 09-01-2011 05:52 PM

Where is Price training? Brossard?

29dryden29 09-01-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Who (Post 36375261)
Well the factory for Reebok gear is right here in Montreal so that's a plus for him. Also, the new P4 pads will offer new customization that the old Revoke/P3 pads did not have. So maybe that's why he switched. At the end of the day though it's a question of preference. If the Vaughn equipment was that much superior to the other companies, every goalie would be wearing them.

Not true. Vaughn doesn't pay goalies in the NHL to wear their equipment where the others do RBK especially so it comes down to pay me and I will wear it mentality and cash in. Look how much Crosby and Ovie got for their sponshorship deals with CCM/RBK etc. So superior or not these guys are pros and if someone is offering to pay you to wear their stuff compared to the guys not offering up money 9 out of 10 take the money and run.

AraGOHABSGO 09-01-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 29dryden29 (Post 36377143)
Not true. Vaughn doesn't pay goalies in the NHL to wear their equipment where the others do RBK especially so it comes down to pay me and I will wear it mentality and cash in. Look how much Crosby and Ovie got for their sponshorship deals with CCM/RBK etc. So superior or not these guys are pros and if someone is offering to pay you to wear their stuff compared to the guys not offering up money 9 out of 10 take the money and run.

Oh right, like Price makes 2mil$ but he doesnt want that.. He wants teh 50 000$ that RBk gives him to play in a "unconfortable" equipement.
Of course, that makes alot of sense -.-

That might be also the reason why Luongo, Crosby and others uses RBK.

It is perfectly clear now -.-

katatoniak 09-01-2011 07:35 PM

Which NHL goalie is using Vaughn ?

Ra 09-01-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 29dryden29 (Post 36374955)
Having played in both I can tell you that the feel and playability of Vaughn gear exceeds the RBK stuff. All my stuff is custom made and made to my specs etc very much like pro gear and having the Vaughn factory right here in London I have had the pleasure of watching them build my stuff. I know Price prefers a stiff outer face of his pads as he doesn't generaly absorb shots and uses them to direct pucs away but the RBK stuff tends to break down quicker than the Vaughn gear.

Which is a none factor to a professional goaltender.

So, in other words, it's a terrible choice because you prefer Vaughn...

The most popular sticks are Easton and Mission... but I prefer the Nike/Bauer ones. Does that mean everyone is making a bad decision

canadian_man_44 09-01-2011 08:07 PM

Besides all that, the pros are getting exactly what they want in gear when they are sponsored by a company. RBK will make custom gear for Price that we, as regular beer league goalies will never get.

Gally11 09-01-2011 08:20 PM

Gonna look good on the road

Le Tricolore 09-01-2011 08:54 PM

Price needs a haircut, the hippy!

Gainey#1* 09-01-2011 09:32 PM

I personally prefer the look of the Vaughn equipment, I hope he stays with them.

Whenever I see goalies in RBK equipment I think of Luongo and Fleury and it makes me sick.

:cry:

Sined 09-02-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 36374287)

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/9917/pricepads1.jpg

Pads get worn down to be smaller that when they were made?

Looks like from the pic Heatley is breaking in his new Wild gear too.