HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   OT: Christian Backman? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=978127)

Firestorm 09-02-2011 08:18 AM

Christian Backman?
 
I'm just asking out of curiosity, what ever happened to him? Was he really that bad a D-man?

Nanabijou 09-02-2011 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan (Post 36387473)
I'm just asking out of curiosity, what ever happened to him? Was he really that bad a D-man?

To answer your questions: 1) He's played in the Swedish Elite league the last couple of years after not being wanted by any NHL teams; and 2) Yes.

Doug19 09-02-2011 12:16 PM

Was he that bad? I don't think there is a word in the English dictionary that could describe how bad he is/was, so he was more than "that bad".

Roadman 09-02-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug61 (Post 36392081)
Was he that bad? I don't think there is a word in the English dictionary that could describe how bad he is/was, so he was more than "that bad".


.... at least, and then some.

mt-svk 09-02-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug61 (Post 36392081)
Was he that bad? I don't think there is a word in the English dictionary that could describe how bad he is/was, so he was more than "that bad".

can you the word describe? :sarcasm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan (Post 36387473)
I'm just asking out of curiosity, what ever happened to him? Was he really that bad a D-man?

Notice a player with not ideal positional play, slow with bad moving. He had to be our PPQB but his passes were not any idea, any suprise. He did not use his body, he was soft boy I had feel sometimes that he avoids forwards. I do not know how he had potential but if he had it he never fill it.

pete goegan 09-02-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mt-svk (Post 36393779)
I do not know how he had potential but if he had it he never fill it.

Another great quote from our Slovakian outpost!

Cujorulesdtown9 09-02-2011 07:39 PM

When his A game consisted of him sitting on the bench so it wouldn't fly up into the crowd, yeah, he was bad.

leesmith 09-02-2011 08:24 PM

If Chris Berman ever had to give him a nickname, he'd be Christian SEND HIM Backman!

Jaxs 09-02-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leesmith (Post 36402565)
If Chris Berman ever had to give him a nickname, he'd be Christian SEND HIM Backman!

:handclap: Nice.

5StringBuzz 09-02-2011 09:52 PM

He made me queasy.

GoJackets1 09-02-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mt-svk (Post 36393195)
can you the word describe? :sarcasm:

Mt, just wondering, do you know german or is the way you wrote that sentence a slovak thing too? Im taking german in school.

knucklepuck28 09-02-2011 10:28 PM

yes, he was just that bad!

SoCalJacketsFan 09-03-2011 01:01 AM

But he scored the GWG that one time!!! :sarcasm:

TK 421 09-03-2011 01:10 AM

When former Blues GM Larry Pleau gave Backman a multi year extension I was sure that someone, somewhere was controlling his mind in a bold gambit to sabotage the Blues. As it turns out, Pleau did an excellent job of that all on his own with multi year deals to Brewer, McKee and Jackman in the following years. I later came to the conclusion that Pleau was, in fact, not a very good GM.

mt-svk 09-03-2011 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gojackets1 (Post 36404395)
Mt, just wondering, do you know german or is the way you wrote that sentence a slovak thing too? Im taking german in school.

I learned German four years at secondary school but I did not speak it about 18 years.

P.S. My question was joke...;)

Jovavic 09-03-2011 07:11 AM

He makes Stralman look like an All-Star

GoJackets1 09-03-2011 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mt-svk (Post 36408039)
I learned German four years at secondary school but I did not speak it about 18 years.

P.S. My question was joke...;)

I know it was a joke, hence the sarcasm, i was just wondering about the way you wrote the sentence, because it was the way you would write it in German. :)

mt-svk 09-03-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gojackets1 (Post 36409283)
I know it was a joke, hence the sarcasm, i was just wondering about the way you wrote the sentence, because it was the way you would write it in German. :)

:) German? It is suprise for me ;)

mattihp 09-03-2011 09:27 PM

It's weird to know that Christian Bäckman.. Of all players.. Has an olympic gold medal.

mt-svk 09-04-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattihp (Post 36422691)
It's weird to know that Christian Bäckman.. Of all players.. Has an olympic gold medal.

And?

Viqsi 09-04-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattihp (Post 36422691)
It's weird to know that Christian Bäckman.. Of all players.. Has an olympic gold medal.

And Mark Hartigan has two Stanley Cup rings. Stranger things have happened.

leesmith 09-05-2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina (Post 36408911)
He makes Stralman look like an All-Star

Oooh, another good one! :handclap:

mattihp 09-05-2011 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viqsi (Post 36439197)
And Mark Hartigan has two Stanley Cup rings. Stranger things have happened.

Not as weird. In a 82 game season on an NHL roster there will be more depth/energy players than on a Olympic Roster for a top nation.

Lil Shake 09-05-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mt-svk (Post 36433161)
And?


http://www.seattlemet.com/assets/000...jpg?1276706048
No need to get snooty.
http://www.filmjackets.com/FILM_JACK...ueller-007.jpg
Snooty?
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile...1_429199_n.jpg
Snotty!
http://ruggerjay.typepad.com/.a/6a00...2939970b-320wi
Snotty?

mt-svk 09-05-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattihp (Post 36444051)
Not as weird. In a 82 game season on an NHL roster there will be more depth/energy players than on a Olympic Roster for a top nation.

Who get the gold medaim in Olympic games (Czech republic):

Libor Prochádzka

the bronze in Finland:
Raimo Helminen
Juha Ylonen

and who get gm with backman:
Kim Johnsson
Mika Hannula


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.