HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Eklund winnipeg -mtl rumors (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=979547)

habs09 09-05-2011 03:58 PM

winnipeg -mtl rumors

this is based purely on the winnepeg -mtl rumors posted weekly on hockey buzz so dont flame but would a package of gomez and weber for oduya be the possible deal that hockey buzz is referring to or would more/different pieces need to be involved

thought?

Blind Gardien 09-05-2011 04:03 PM

Wouldn't trade Goemz for Oduya, Habs need Gomez at centre. The dice is already rolled on him rebounding, and if it doesn't work out, they'll have to deal with it next summer, not now. Whether it was ever an option for Winnipeg or not, it's too late now from even the Habs POV, alas.

habs09 09-05-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien (Post 36451775)
Wouldn't trade Goemz for Oduya, Habs need Gomez at centre. The dice is already rolled on him rebounding, and if it doesn't work out, they'll have to deal with it next summer, not now. Whether it was ever an option for Winnipeg or not, it's too late now from even the Habs POV, alas.

i disagree if an option to rid gomez arises i take it plus i have high hope/faith in desharnais and eller reaching top 6 form this year also worse case scenario we can probably do a trade for stoll as a stop gap center since hes a pending ufa

Stop Winnin 09-05-2011 04:16 PM

Gomez for Kane :sarcasm:

neofury* 09-05-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habs09 (Post 36451917)
i disagree if an option to rid gomez arises i take it plus i have high hope/faith in desharnais and eller reaching top 6 form this year also worse case scenario we can probably do a trade for stoll as a stop gap center since hes a pending ufa

The odds of Gomez rebounding are much higher than the odds of either of those players being a solid top 6 forward at this point in time.

Not saying you're wrong but it would be quite the gamble. Gomez has always been a 60+ point get so I wouldn't want to lose the depth of having a 55-60pt minimum guy for a D we don't even need really. Certainly not at Weber's expense. I'd have to imagine Diaz would make it out of camp if Weber were to be dealt.

King Woodballs 09-05-2011 04:29 PM

If you are going to post an eklund rumor...
At least spell Winnipeg correct.

And we dont want Gomez. I have seen enough in the last couple years to know Winnipeg doesnt want him.

ExplosiveLEAFman 09-05-2011 05:10 PM

Oduya is worth a late draft pick at best. Don't know why'd you want to acquire him unless you are just looking to dump Gomez.

Benji Frank 09-05-2011 05:14 PM

The interesting thing about Gomez is after this year, he's owed around $10M for 2 years, but has a cap hit of almost $15M. Throw in a decent prospect or draft pick and a team at the cap floor like Winnipeg might bight. They end up overpaying in cash terms by maybe a mill or so per over the 2 years, but that's where the pick or prospect compensates! Getting Odoya's $3.5M off the books this year brings Gomez down to $4M.

Vitto79 09-05-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benji Frank (Post 36453209)
The interesting thing about Gomez is after this year, he's owed around $10M for 2 years, but has a cap hit of almost $15M. Throw in a decent prospect or draft pick and a team at the cap floor like Winnipeg might bight. They end up overpaying in cash terms by maybe a mill or so per over the 2 years, but that's where the pick or prospect compensates! Getting Odoya's $3.5M off the books this year brings Gomez down to $4M.

yea he is moveable next yr given those numbers but not this yr

Forsead 09-05-2011 05:20 PM

Oduya for Spacek perhaps ? I could see Oduya being good in JM system.

Gump Hasek 09-05-2011 05:29 PM

Winnipeg have an abundance of d-men going into camp - assuming we sign Bogosian. Winnipeg's wants are scoring and or grit. No thanks to any offers of Kostistsyn in advance BTW. We don't really want old man Gomez either.

IF they are looking to trade Oduya, I'd like to see our local boy Ryan White coming back as a part of the return. He'd fill the sandpaper role that Rypien was destined to fill.

That said, these supposed Mtl/Wpg rumors are likely bunk anyway, given the source.

Patty Roy 09-05-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gump Hasek (Post 36453517)
Winnipeg have an abundance of d-men going into camp - assuming we sign Bogosian. Winnipeg's wants are scoring and or grit. No thanks to any offers of Kostistsyn in advance BTW. We don't really want Gomez either.

IF they are looking to trade Oduya, I'd like to see our local boy Ryan White coming back as a part of the return. He'd fill the sandpaper role that Rypien was destined to fill.

That said, these supposed Mtl/Wpg rumors are likely bunk anyway, given the source.

I see Montreal needing another NHL ready forward, so i can't see them trading one for a d-man.

Gump Hasek 09-05-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty Roy (Post 36453553)
I see Montreal needing another NHL ready forward, so i can't see them trading one for a d-man.

No deal then, because we don't need any more d in return.

There are already 16 d-men listed on the roster headed into camp...
http://jets.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

The Kremelin Wall* 09-05-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Winnipeg have an abundance of d-men going into camp - assuming we sign Bogosian. Winnipeg's wants are scoring and or grit. No thanks to any offers of Kostistsyn in advance BTW. We don't really want old man Gomez either.

Part of the return? Oduya has no value at his contract/how he plays. I certainly wouldn't trade White for Oduya(and doubt any Habs fan would).

Gump Hasek 09-05-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattKOTW (Post 36453689)
Part of the return? Oduya has no value at his contract/how he plays. I certainly wouldn't trade White for Oduya(and doubt any Habs fan would).

That is fine, you guys need a d-man; we aren't the ones proposing the trade on this board. Oduya had a poor year last season, that does not make him a career bum however. I'm part of a small camp that expects he could rebound this season. Some of us would prefer to wait to see how the players adapt to a new environment prior to making any trades.

sg58 09-05-2011 05:49 PM

Oduya seems a bit underrated.

The Kremelin Wall* 09-05-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gump Hasek (Post 36453785)
That is fine, you guys need a d-man; we aren't the ones proposing the trade on this board. Oduya had a poor year last season, that does not make him a career bum however. I'm part of a small camp that expects he could rebound this season. Some of us would prefer to wait to see how the players adapt to a new environment prior to making any trades.

We don't need a defenseman. We are not the ones proposing a trade, Eklund is the one bringing up Oduya to Montreal, and Bogosian to Montreal.

Gump Hasek 09-05-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattKOTW (Post 36454055)
We don't need a defenseman. We are not the ones proposing a trade, Eklund is the one bringing up Oduya to Montreal, and Bogosian to Montreal.

That is why I said this...

Quote:

The thread was started by a Habs fan though.

It's all good. We have a team finally coming back to Winnipeg and look forward to beating the Habs many times over the coming years, including our home opener in just over a month.

Cheers.

:)

JuniorNelson 09-05-2011 06:17 PM

I think they are waiting for Oduya to play his cards. I suspect he goes to Vancouver for former Moose Hodgson and conditional picks.

Gomez is much more likely to be moved by Montreal. Is Hodgson prefferable to Gomez?

The Kremelin Wall* 09-05-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuniorNelson (Post 36454475)
I think they are waiting for Oduya to play his cards. I suspect he goes to Vancouver for former Moose Hodgson and conditional picks.

Gomez is much more likely to be moved by Montreal. Is Hodgson prefferable to Gomez?

You think Oduya will fetch Hodgson? You're crazy.

habs09 09-05-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExplosiveLEAFman (Post 36453113)
Oduya is worth a late draft pick at best. Don't know why'd you want to acquire him unless you are just looking to dump Gomez.

exactly im just a gomez hater and ive hated him ever since we got him i personally do not believe hell bounce back id love to b rid gomez salary and later get rid of oduya as an unrestricted free agent by the end of the year

The Infamous Tank 09-05-2011 10:29 PM

Why do people keep clicking on Eklund's website?

TyBOZAK* 09-05-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Infamous Tank (Post 36460587)
Why do people keep clicking on Eklund's website?

Why did you click this thread even after you saw his name?

I hope it's not Bogosian.

KingJet* 09-05-2011 11:16 PM

Well, I think Atlanta would've traded for Gomez if you know what I mean :sarcasm:, but yeah, I might do it because every team Gomez seems to go to they make the playoffs and Weber isn't too bad, I'd do Oduya for Gomez and Weber, But I would like to see Antropov and Bogosian for Doughty and Prospect.

Richie Daggers Crime 09-05-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingJet (Post 36461933)
But I would like to see Antropov and Bogosian for Doughty and Prospect.

Good luck with that one.