HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Rumor: Are the Flames interested in Turris? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=980173)

Remember2004 09-06-2011 07:46 PM

Are the Flames interested in Turris?

I found this twitter
*************************************/status/111212641460035584

He was the same guy to report that we are interested in Lecavalier I believe any truth to this? I would love Turris on our team but If the rumours are true that hes asking for 4mil/season then I wouldn't take him. He has ALOT of potential but maybe later on he deserves that but not now. What would be the starting point?

DARN it came out in stars

Anyways its hockey break that tweeted it

SmellOfVictory 09-06-2011 08:05 PM

It's entirely likely that Turris, if he's asking 4 mil, is doing it so Phx will trade him. Hopefully if Calgary traded for him they'd have the presence of mind to ensure that he would actually sign here for a reasonable amount before making any trade.

flamesfan12 09-06-2011 08:09 PM

Hockey Break
The Calgary Flames are in talks with the Phoenix Coyotes, the Flames are after Kyle Turris.

There is the post.

Anyways I don't know about Turris. Sure he has potential, but really hasn't shown much in his time in Phoenix. He's certainly not the number one center that Feaster is looking for, atleast not yet.

tmurfin 09-06-2011 08:10 PM

If the price is right I would go for it. If Backlund or our 1st is on the line than no thanks.. I'd offer Stajan, Nemisz and possibly a late pick.. Thats it.

HoshiBlitz 09-06-2011 09:04 PM

If Turris really wants that much then Stajan MUST go the other way. He would be a legitimate 2C there.

Johnny Hoxville 09-06-2011 09:21 PM

Unless we are sending a centre the other way then this makes no sense. I doubt Jokinen goes back to the desert lol. And I think we would of already moved Stajan over Langkow if the Yotes had any interest in him. I think Bourque could make sense, but then we are still stuck with a logjam at centre and would need to make a secondary trade.

Backlund for Turris is a lateral move IMO. I would rather keep Backlund as we have developed him in our system.

tmurfin 09-06-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVW (Post 36484919)
Unless we are sending a centre the other way then this makes no sense. I doubt Jokinen goes back to the desert lol. And I think we would of already moved Stajan over Langkow if the Yotes had any interest in him. I think Bourque could make sense, but then we are still stuck with a logjam at centre and would need to make a secondary trade.

Backlund for Turris is a lateral move IMO. I would rather keep Backlund as we have developed him in our system.

Like i.said, I would only go.for it if Stajan was going the other way, yes PHX might not have wanted/needed Stajan a week ago but if they were to ship us Turris you'd think they would need a center back. Backlund is a non-starter.

DoubleJ96 09-06-2011 10:21 PM

I really like Turris and can't wait til he breaks out but right now he isn't worth 4 million per season.

Johnny Hoxville 09-06-2011 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmurfin (Post 36485169)
Like i.said, I would only go.for it if Stajan was going the other way, yes PHX might not have wanted/needed Stajan a week ago but if they were to ship us Turris you'd think they would need a center back. Backlund is a non-starter.

If we had a 2nd, I would move Stajan and a 2nd for Turris in a heartbeat! Idk that Phoenix would bite on Stajan and a 3rd, they would for sure if it was Stajan and a 1st if these rumors are true, but that might be a little steep for our pockets. But dam, having Backlund and Turris as our top 2 centres would be pretty nice. We would be lacking in experience next year, but we could also resign Jokinen on a 1 or 2 year deal until the kids would be fully ready to step up in their roles long term. Its a very tempting thought, Turris is a top young talent!

InfinityIggy 09-07-2011 12:03 AM

I would do

Stajan
1st 2013

for

Turris

Huge risk, but I like to gamble.

abracanada 09-07-2011 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 36488103)
I would do

Stajan
1st 2013

for

Turris

Huge risk, but I like to gamble.

For the #3 player taken in his draft year? Sign me up.

HighLifeMan 09-07-2011 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abracanada (Post 36488641)
For the #3 player taken in his draft year? Sign me up.

Nikita Filatov is a year younger, and was #6 in his draft year.

He was just traded for a 3rd round draft pick...

brewski1810 09-07-2011 09:37 AM

Matt stajan and a 3rd for turris,

That would be sweet, and our future would look alot brighter up the middle. Turris is likely going to have a breakout season, my guess- 40-50 pts

slappipappi 09-07-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brewski1810 (Post 36494227)
Matt stajan and a 3rd for turris,

That would be sweet, and our future would look alot brighter up the middle. Turris is likely going to have a breakout season, my guess- 40-50 pts

IF the Coyotes trade Turris, it won't be for a negative value player like Stajan.

They would want prospects/draft pick(s) etc.

They might take Stajan, but then the other stuff would have to be even better.

brewski1810 09-07-2011 09:59 AM

Tanguay backlund iginla
Bourque turris stempniak
Glencross jokinen moss
Tko Morrison jackman

Byron bouma nemisz As extras

I like that lineup, and If we got him, turris could compliment bourque nicely, as he is more of a playmaker,

brewski1810 09-07-2011 10:04 AM

I would also do stajan and nemisz for turris, sucks to give up one of our better prospects, but turris is a fair bit ahead of nemisz at this point,

brewski1810 09-07-2011 10:07 AM

If it took a first round pick plus one of our better prospects to get turris, I would say no, we need all of our high end picks and "better" prospects

Johnny Hoxville 09-07-2011 11:21 AM

I'd sign off on a trade sending Stajan and Nemisz for Turris pretty quick. Nemisz needs to improve quite a bit if he is ever going to ever become a 2nd liner. Turris will be at least a top 6 player without question. And we all know Stajan is a 3rd line borderline 2nd line centre. I know Turris would not have a favorable contract, but at least we would be getting a young guy that has top line potential. If his demands are true, we would still be paying less money than the real money we will be paying Stajan next season.

Stewie Griffin 09-07-2011 11:48 AM

Isn't Hockey Break a step DOWN from Eklund?

StreakingRed 09-07-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVW (Post 36498231)
I'd sign off on a trade sending Stajan and Nemisz for Turris pretty quick.

So would I. Highly doubt the Coyotes would want Stajan, though. Especially with his contract.

Johnny Hoxville 09-07-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreakingRed (Post 36503183)
So would I. Highly doubt the Coyotes would want Stajan, though. Especially with his contract.

If they are forced to trade Turris they will need a centre coming back for sure, so Stajan fits that piece. Stajan may be an option if they can get another quality young prospect or draft pick back in return. His salary after this reason really becomes quite managable.

Feel The Heat 09-07-2011 02:34 PM

Flames Jambalaya Twitter

Quote:

#Flames fans relax the Turris rumors are not legit! Flames have been linked to every remaining RFA, Brad Marchand is next followed by Schenn

HighLifeMan 09-07-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feel The Heat (Post 36504911)
Flames Jambalaya Twitter

Jambalaya you say...;)

Skobel24 09-07-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmurfin (Post 36483163)
If the price is right I would go for it. If Backlund or our 1st is on the line than no thanks.. I'd offer Stajan, Nemisz and possibly a late pick.. Thats it.

I don't want to trade Backlund for some self entitled kid who wants the amount he's demanding. We just got rid of Erixon, don't want another. I'd do Stajan and a pick, that's it. Unless we were able to work out a deal with Turris before we make the trade.

Stewie Griffin 09-08-2011 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feel The Heat (Post 36504911)
Flames Jambalaya Twitter

This guy seems pretty legit. Let's trust him.

:sarcasm: