HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Prospect Info: Kings #12 Prospect (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=980243)

kingsfan 09-06-2011 11:22 PM

Kings #12 Prospect
 
Results:

1st: Andrei Loktionov 39.66% (runner up: Viatcheslav Voinov 31.03%)
2nd: Viatcheslav Voinov 79.63% (runner up: Tyler Toffoli 12.96%)
3rd: Tyler Toffoli 53.57% (runner up: Derek Forbort 16.07%)
4th: Derek Forbort 55.88% (runner up: Nicholas Deslauriers 20.59%)
5th: Nicholas Deslauriers 48.57% (runner up: Martin Jones 15.71%)
6th: Martin Jones 27.87% (runner up Thomas Hickey 26.23%)
7th: Thomas Hickey 34.92% (runner up Jake Muzzin 23.81%)
8th: Jake Muzzin 35.71% (runner up Maxim Kitsyn 21.43%)
9th: Maxim Kitsyn 30.19% (runners up: Brandon Kozun and Linden Vey 26.42%)
10th: Brandon Kozun 46.51% (runner up Linden Vey 25.58%)
11th: Linden Vey 46.81% (runner up: Christopher Gibson 31.91%)

Please remember to vote for who you would like to see added to the poll.

etherialone 09-06-2011 11:39 PM

Gravel is a nice surprise and a solid D prospect. People will be talking about him allot more after this season and I like him allot. I got to see him play in person a few times last year and was pleasantly surprised with how competent he was in every aspect of his game. Time is helping him allot.

That said I went with Gibson for 12. He is just too good to drop any further.

King'sPawn 09-07-2011 12:11 AM

Voted Shore. Add Schumacher

etherialone 09-07-2011 12:48 AM

After watching Shore play last season I wrote about him here prior to our drafting him. I stand by what I said then, "Allot of talent but no direction to his play". See Jared Aulin for comparable. Now I would add that Shore has better hands and a better first step leading him to actually have a burst of speed where Aulin did not but I am still hoping that our system can turn him around and make him better than he has been.

He will be available for to SoCal fans to watch this season so that should be a great indicator to his overall game and how/if he is improving. I think he will show better this year.

King'sPawn 09-07-2011 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonellisghost (Post 36488717)
After watching Shore play last season I wrote about him here prior to our drafting him. I stand by what I said then, "Allot of talent but no direction to his play". See Jared Aulin for comparable. Now I would add that Shore has better hands and a better first step leading him to actually have a burst of speed where Aulin did not but I am still hoping that our system can turn him around and make him better than he has been.

He will be available for to SoCal fans to watch this season so that should be a great indicator to his overall game and how/if he is improving. I think he will show better this year.

I strongly disagree with the assertion there's lack of direction. His vision and on-ice instincts are his strongest assets, from what I've seen.

Holden Caulfield 09-07-2011 03:53 AM

Gibson, add Kolomatis

drugold 09-07-2011 04:03 AM

Gibbo add Kaunisto

Hendrydoso 09-07-2011 10:04 AM

Voted Gibson, Add Schumacher.

Reaper45 09-07-2011 11:56 AM

Gibson. Too good to be this low.

KingCanadain1976 09-07-2011 12:36 PM

add Kaunisto

The Black1963 09-07-2011 01:54 PM

Voted for Gibson for the third time.

Any reason why Moller isn't being considered?

kingsfan 09-07-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RH63 (Post 36503753)
Voted for Gibson for the third time.

Any reason why Moller isn't being considered?

He is, but he's not getting enough votes to be added to the list.

Holden Caulfield 09-07-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 36506473)
He is, but he's not getting enough votes to be added to the list.

Moller has played 87 games, making him not a prospect according to HF. If he is included, he should have been in around #7 ahead of Vey, Kitsyn, Kozun, Muzzin...

tigermask48 09-07-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield (Post 36506623)
Moller has played 87 games, making him not a prospect according to HF. If he is included, he should have been in around #7 ahead of Vey, Kitsyn, Kozun, Muzzin...

Exaclty if Moller is considered he should be a sure-fire top ten on this list.

Voted Holloway...

Add Kolomatis

Stupid Sexy Flanders 09-07-2011 06:19 PM

I have no idea how to judge Gibson against Zatkoff... They should both be 12/13 IMO.

tigermask48 09-07-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders (Post 36510667)
I have no idea how to judge Gibson against Zatkoff... They should both be 12/13 IMO.

That's pretty much what I've got on my list I made up when this first started is Jones at #9 and then Gibson and Zatkoff at either #11 or 12... Pretty much calling it 11a and 11b at this point... Zatkoff is further along and just needs to work on his consistency and Gibson is jsut so raw but has a great upside.

kingsfan 09-07-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield (Post 36506623)
Moller has played 87 games, making him not a prospect according to HF. If he is included, he should have been in around #7 ahead of Vey, Kitsyn, Kozun, Muzzin...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigermask48 (Post 36507653)
Exaclty if Moller is considered he should be a sure-fire top ten on this list.

Voted Holloway...

Add Kolomatis

I've posted since the beginning poll that this wasn't following the HF guidelines. If we were Bernier would have been #1 on the list.

I've been going with any player that can be legitimately called a prospect, whether or not they meet HF's standards. Moller has played a lot, but I think most fans would call him a prospect in the organization, regardless of HF's guidelines.

The Black1963 09-07-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 36517133)
I've posted since the beginning poll that this wasn't following the HF guidelines. If we were Bernier would have been #1 on the list.

I've been going with any player that can be legitimately called a prospect, whether or not they meet HF's standards. Moller has played a lot, but I think most fans would call him a prospect in the organization, regardless of HF's guidelines.

I would just go with Moller not being a prospect since some/most here didn't think he no longer was. Myself and another poster did request to add Moller but he was never added. Moller is easily our top 10 prospect and we're already beyond that.

Btw, I think we can go with #13 since Gibson is running away with this one.

KingCanadain1976 09-07-2011 10:53 PM

I wasn't considering him a propect but if u are for this prospect list i'll say add moller


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.