HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Well, I'm guessing Ruzicka is staying in Owen Sound this year. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=98085)

FearTheFlyers 08-15-2004 07:39 PM

Well, I'm guessing Ruzicka is staying in Owen Sound this year.
 
Because I saw him at a folk music festival today.

FlyersFan10* 08-15-2004 07:51 PM

That's a good thing. It doesn't make any sense to rush the kids into the line up. The last thing we need are youngsters who aren't ready for the jump and have Hitchcock killing their confidence and being down their throats. As good of a coach that Hitch is, his track record for developing young talent has been less than impressive. Hopefully, he lightens up a bit and if there are kids in the line up, he allows them some room to grow and doesn't kill their confidence if they make a mistake.

RoDu 08-15-2004 07:58 PM

hard to beleive Hitch was coaching in the WHL, must have been hard, surrounded by teenagers :shakehead

Rex88 08-15-2004 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSpeedOnly
Because I saw him at a folk music festival today.


Maybe he is just a "folkie"???

Seriously, would he not be better served in the AHL? As a rookie he already put up stellar numbers, should he not contiue his education under coach Stevens?

FlyersFan10* 08-15-2004 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
hard to beleive Hitch was coaching in the WHL, must have been hard, surrounded by teenagers :shakehead

Take a look at the young talent he's had to work with in the NHL. He's killed the confidence of several young players. That, is a fact. Talk to anyone on the Dallas board and see what they have to say about Hitch's ability to work with young players. He can be a nightmare and a bast@rd. That isn't a lie, that's a fact.

Flyman 08-16-2004 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSpeedOnly
Because I saw him at a folk music festival today.

And?
Except if you talked to him, I don't see what this meeting proves...
Wait the 2nd mini camp in late August to judge him and his abilities. I think, due to his numbers with Owen Sound, that the AHL would be the next step. This is the perfect year due because of the lockout.

FearTheFlyers 08-16-2004 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyman
And?
Except if you talked to him, I don't see what this meeting proves...
Wait the 2nd mini camp in late August to judge him and his abilities. I think, due to his numbers with Owen Sound, that the AHL would be the next step. This is the perfect year due because of the lockout.

I can tell you've never been to Owen Sound. There is absolutely no reason any sane person would want to be here.

GKJ 08-16-2004 11:31 AM

Well, I've never been to Owen Sound, but it is very possible OSO is right. Training camps for juniors commence very soon, and within the next 2-3 weeks they begin their pre-season.

FearTheFlyers 08-16-2004 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Well, I've never been to Owen Sound, but it is very possible OSO is right. Training camps for juniors commence very soon, and within the next 2-3 weeks they begin their pre-season.

Plus, he was with Andrej Sekera, Owen Sound's recent Slovakian import.

fan mao rong 08-16-2004 12:02 PM

So , he was observed in Owen Sound, so this indicates where he plays in the upcoming season? Well, let's see, he doesn't have a pro contract. Why should he move to Philadelphia before he has a pro contract. Owen Sound may not pay enough to Summer in Slovakia. Maybe he should camp on the steps of the F.U. Center, or is it Wachovia?

BBzFlyersnutt 08-16-2004 07:45 PM

all indications are That he WON'T be back in Owen Sound this year . the Flyers found a out that would allow him to play In the AHL . Look for him to play with the Phantoms this year . Once training camp is over and he signs .

stanley 08-16-2004 08:31 PM

Hey, everyone's allowed to enjoy life from time to time.

IronMarshal 08-16-2004 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley
Hey, everyone's allowed to enjoy life from time to time.


Hey stanley, it was folk music, c'mon!

BTW on the PD board I mentioned that a librarian told me she saw a bald eagle flying (and landing) along the Delaware on Friday. I thought you might find that interesting.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.