HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Edm - Phx (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=982019)

Whoyawit* 09-10-2011 11:52 AM

Edm - Phx

Simply put:

Sam Gagner

For

Kyle Turris

Thoughts?

HooliganX2 09-10-2011 11:59 AM

I don't see PHX going for it. Heck I could see a lot of EDM fans not liking it either. They both are underachieving centers. I think Potential wise Turris has a lot more. Gagner is just more NHL proven right now.

Petro Points 09-10-2011 12:01 PM

w h y ?

If Turris is asking for 4M\yr then EDM shouldnt even offer Brule for him.
Doesnt work for PHO either.. they would prefer someone signed for longer and cheap then another pending RFA.

Vdhawan89 09-10-2011 12:02 PM

No way from Edmonton

zeus3007* 09-10-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HooliganX2 (Post 36575521)
I don't see PHX going for it. Heck I could see a lot of EDM fans not liking it either. They both are underachieving centers. I think Potential wise Turris has a lot more. Gagner is just more NHL proven right now.

Despite the incorrect assumption on HF, Gagner isn't underachieving, and he isn't on the block at the moment.

Lion 09-10-2011 12:14 PM

Why would Edmonton do this? The only thing Turris has on Gagner is that he was drafted higher.

The under-estimation of Gags is getting ridiculous now.

rt 09-10-2011 12:17 PM

As a Coyotes fan, I'd have scoffed at this one week ago. Now? I take that and run.

Four million? Little **** head.

rt 09-10-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenzOil (Post 36575567)
w h y ?

If Turris is asking for 4M\yr then EDM shouldnt even offer Brule for him.
Doesnt work for PHO either.. they would prefer someone signed for longer and cheap then another pending RFA.

If he's demanding four from Phoenix, he will probably take two from Edmonton.

Nucks N Canes 09-10-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copper (Post 36575817)
Why would Edmonton do this? The only thing Turris has on Gagner is that he was drafted higher.

Hahahahhahaahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahah a that and turris is by far the better player. Easily can become a #1 center still while it looks like gagner has plateaued at a 2b spot. Where he has games of looking good than going invisible and hurtful to his team for others...

jumptheshark 09-10-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

What gets me is gagner has proven more then turris. Turris is having trouble making the dogs roster. Let's see how well gagner does playing with one of hall. MPS or Smyth on the left wing and then either Eberle or Hemsky in the right

Toydarian 09-10-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucks N Canes (Post 36575903)
Hahahahhahaahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahah a that and turris is by far the better player. Easily can become a #1 center still while it looks like gagner has plateaued at a 2b spot. Where he has games of looking good than going invisible and hurtful to his team for others...

Easily a #1 Center? This is a player that has struggled to play in the NHL and only showed glimpses of being a player in 4 NHL playoff games, hardly a good sample to evaluate.

Oilmageddon* 09-10-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Nothing Turris has done since being drafted has even come close to what Gagner has acheived and you seem to think Turris ia a far better player what do you base this on gives some examples because your statement shows you know very little about what makes a better player.:help:

ManByng 09-10-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OIL4ONE ONE4OIL (Post 36575401)
Simply put:

Sam Gagner

For

Kyle Turris

Thoughts?

i don't mind it, although Gagner is more developed at this point, and Turris's agent is asking too much money, and should really try to think more realistically. :shakehead

Whoyawit* 09-10-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best Oil Ever (Post 36578361)
i don't mind it, although Gagner is more developed at this point, and Turris's agent is asking too much money, and should really try to think more realistically. :shakehead

Realistically I think Turris will be the player we need. More size than Gags. Not to slight Sam, but we just drated a smallish center in RNH.
I feel Turris would benefit from playing in Edmonton, while the Yotes pick up a kid who has developed into a better all around player as of now.
Turris looked terrific towards the end of the year as a result of feeling comfortable on a team full of vets. Get him around a bunch of eager kids in Edmonton - I feel he could be unbelievable......

Fourier 09-10-2011 02:20 PM

I think this deal makes a lot of sense for the Oilers assuming that financial details could be worked out. (My guess is that money is being used as a bargianing chip here. ).

Gagner has done more so far but I think Turris has greater potential. But more to the point I think he would fit better as a number two behind RNH particularly if Hemsky is resigned.

Turris is a better goal scorer and Gagner is more of a playmaker. I would say that this is a definite asset as outside of Hall and Eberle the Oilers best wingers are more playmakers than scorers. Turris would give the Oilers the option for 3 legit scoring lines.

dnicks17 09-10-2011 02:29 PM

I do this in a second.

Turris would easily outscore Gagner if he had the same linemates/ES icetime/PP icetime.

Fourier 09-10-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnicks17 (Post 36579131)
I do this in a second.

Turris would easily outscore Gagner if he had the same linemates/ES icetime/PP icetime.

I agree but I also think Gagner might fit well with guys like Doan and Whitney. I'va always thought that a guy like Doan is the perfect type of winger for Gagner.

Oilmageddon* 09-10-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnicks17 (Post 36579131)
I do this in a second.

LOL really so Turris would of put up 49 points playing with Nilsson and Cogliano at 18 love the Oil fans who cant wait to run Gagner out of town for some one who has been a big dissapointment since his draft billing. Gagner has been at least productive since being drafted producing the second or 3rd best numbers for forwards from the 07 draft Turris was a 2 tier star who is far from being a legit number 1 center he shows flashes of elite skill few and far between with a career high 25 points since being drafted. God some fans go with a name and thats it glad Tambo is not infactuated with a name. Turris is major dissapointment so far in his career Gagner is not Gagner also produced a higher ppg60 min than John Tavares did last season you think Turris would of done that last year playing with Omark and MPS :shakehead

dnicks17 09-10-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newoilburnsclean (Post 36579407)
LOL really so Turris would of put up 49 points playing with Nilsson and Cogliano at 18 love the Oil fans who cant wait to run Gagner out of town for some one who has been a big dissapointment since his draft billing. Gagner has been at least productive since being drafted producing the second or 3rd best numbers for forwards from the 07 draft Turris was a 2 tier star who is far from being a legit number 1 center he shows flashes of elite skill few and far between with a career high 25 points since being drafted. God some fans go with a name and thats it glad Tambo is not infactuated with a name. Turris is major dissapointment so far in his career Gagner is not Gagner also produced a higher pp60 min than John Tavares did last season you think Turris would of done that last year playing with Omark and MPS :shakehead

Actually, Tavares(2.02) had a higher P/60 than Gagner(1.91), and Turris(2.30) had a higher P/60 than both of them.

Thanks for coming out though. ;)

Eskimo44 09-10-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HooliganX2 (Post 36575521)

Gagner isn't underacheving. Very few centers in the past 10 years have a better ppg in their 21 year old season. Gagner's problem is our impatientence as fans, IMO. I'm sure most Edmonton fans still regret chasing Arnott out of town.

Eskimo44 09-10-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

It's funny because Turris was the 3rd forward and Gagner the 4th taken, but despite Gagner outperforming him by a large margin so far, HFboards figures Turris has elite potential while Gagner is only ever going to be an average 2nd line center. Phoenix would be insane not to do this, contract situation or not. Turris may be the better player longterm, but there is no evidence that suggests he will be. Gagner has produced at a very impressive rate for his age.

Vdhawan89 09-10-2011 03:04 PM

Turris hasnt done anything in the NHL, while we can expect 45-50 pts out of Gags. Who knows if Turris can ever hit those point totals.

Oilmageddon* 09-10-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnicks17 (Post 36579663)
Actually, Tavares(2.02) had a higher P/60 than Gagner(1.91), and Turris(2.30) had a higher P/60 than both of them.

Thanks for coming out though. ;)

I meant goals for per 60 But if you think Turris is a better player than Gagner at this stage of their careers explains why you would never have a front office job and if you think Turris would of put up 49 points as a 18 year old with players Nilsson who is now out of the league since being seperated from playing with Gagner and Cogliano who productions started dropping dramaticly since being seperated from Gagner you have not a clue. Gagner stays consistant no matter who he is pared with. Just because you dont like a player does not make him a dud but the player who you try and overate has been a dud so far. i will bet you Gagner produces way more points this season than Turris

Eskimo44 09-10-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Thats a very well substantiated opinion.:shakehead

Was Patrik Stefan better than the Sedins at 21, because he was drafted higher? The Sedin's plauted at 19 through 21, and Stefan hadn't broke out yet. Who was better? If Turris is so much better why has he done jack ****, while Gagner's prorated pgg would have put him at 50 points last year. You don't think being on the worst team in the league has hurt Gagner's, still impressive offence, the past two years.

Eskimo44 09-10-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OIL4ONE ONE4OIL (Post 36578619)
Realistically I think Turris will be the player we need. More size than Gags. Not to slight Sam, but we just drated a smallish center in RNH.
I feel Turris would benefit from playing in Edmonton, while the Yotes pick up a kid who has developed into a better all around player as of now.
Turris looked terrific towards the end of the year as a result of feeling comfortable on a team full of vets. Get him around a bunch of eager kids in Edmonton - I feel he could be unbelievable......

Turris's most cited problem is a lack of strength, how is that different than Gagner? Hopkins is 6'1, he's average size just slight of build, he's 18 after all. There is no doubt he could break out, but it's even less probable than Gagner breaking out.