HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   which of these youngsters would you want on your team? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=98392)

RangsDave 08-17-2004 10:23 AM

which of these youngsters would you want on your team?

Pick one and only one, and say why

1. Ilya Kovalchuk
2. Rick Nash
3. Alex Ovechkin
4. Marian Gaborik

:banana:

RANGER#11 08-17-2004 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangsDave

1. Ilya Kovalchuk
2. Rick Nash
3. Alex Ovechkin
4. Marian Gaborik

It is nice to dream of things that would never happen but my dream would be Ilya Kovalchuk. I have loved this kid every sence I have seen him he is enertaining and has a way to dominate the game. He is young and hopefully will only get better. Look what he dose when he plays us. Love to have that kid but could you imagine what it would take to put him on the team.

Dgrohl8 08-17-2004 03:37 PM

Marian Gaborik he is something to watch

in the hall 08-17-2004 03:39 PM

without hesitating, Ilya Kovalchuk

AG9NK35DT8* 08-17-2004 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangsDave

1. Ilya Kovalchuk
2. Rick Nash
3. Alex Ovechkin
4. Marian Gaborik

. Rick Nash

im higher on N.A players to begin with

NYRangers 08-17-2004 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall
without hesitating, Ilya Kovalchuk

Leetchie 08-17-2004 04:45 PM

Kovalchuk -- but the rest are a close second.

I haven't seen enough of Ovechkin to really comment, but Rick Nash and Marian Gaborik are very special players as well.

Having said that, neither is as much of a "take charge" type of player as Ilya Kovalchuk is. I'd more than "settle" for Nash or Gaborik though... :banana:

barnaby63 08-17-2004 04:48 PM

Rick Nash. Not only can score but he brings more to the table than any other player listed.

icthelight 08-17-2004 04:48 PM

Nash all the way, he is a leader as well

Yizee* 08-17-2004 04:59 PM

Heatley

What about Dany Heatley? he was amazing at the garden against the Rangers - he was even better than Kovalchuk before the crash happened - I would choose Heatley if everything works out because he's a great player

LondonFan 08-17-2004 05:11 PM

Kovalchuk - but I'd rather have all of them. (currently working on that one, thanks Riz!)

He's just got that explosive speed and ability. Not that the others listed aren't talented, but I'd take Ilya without doubt.

in the hall 08-17-2004 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonFan
Kovalchuk - but I'd rather have all of them. (currently working on that one, thanks Riz!)

He's just got that explosive speed and ability. Not that the others listed aren't talented, but I'd take Ilya without doubt.

that's pretty much the reason why I didn't hesitate, all are game breakers but Kovalchuk just is seems to have an extra push, his skills are so dynamite

the rest are a close second but Kovalchuk is my choice with no hesitation

Radek27 08-17-2004 05:28 PM

Rick Nash, anyone who is 19 and puts up 40+ goals is gonna be good.

Kovalchuk is amazing, but Nash I think can be thebetter all around player.

BobMarleyNYR 08-17-2004 06:41 PM

Kovalchuk is in a higher class than all of these players.

in the hall 08-17-2004 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radek27
Rick Nash, anyone who is 19 and puts up 40+ goals is gonna be good.

Kovalchuk is amazing, but Nash I think can be thebetter all around player.

how so?

he certainly is no defensive wiz and is about as physically dominant as Kovalchuk

Leetchie 08-17-2004 07:35 PM

Quote:

how so?

he certainly is no defensive wiz and is about as physically dominant as Kovalchuk

If Kovalchuk wanted to, he could be even more physically dominant. The kid is 20 (21?) years old and he's 6'2", 230-235 lbs, and unlike other physically imposing players in the league, he has amazing lateral mobility.

KFC 08-17-2004 09:12 PM

i would want Kovolchuck or nash

i want to see gaborick have one more big season cause he didn't look good last year after that holdout

ovechkin has DONE NOTHING in the nhl to prove he can be a superstar muchless an average player(given he hasnt gotten the oppertunity yet) he could easily end up being a bust so many highly touted prospects do, I'm not saying he will. I'm just saying i want to see him play first, I'll beileve it when i see it

Edge 08-17-2004 09:22 PM

I'll take Nash too. As he grows into his body, gains confidence and matures he's gonna be a great combination of scoring and size.

He's got personality but not in the enigmatic kind of way, very much a Shannahan type of personality. I think he'll probably be the best leader of the bunch and on the nights when the scoring isn't there I think he'd provide more than the other guys.

Probably the best all around of the bunch and will likely continue to be so.

At 19 you gotta believe this kid could easily be 6'5, 230 pounds and with an elite skill set and a head on his shoulders to match.

Would do a backflip for any of em, but given the choice I'll take Nash with confidence.

Radek27 08-18-2004 01:50 AM

Quote:

how so?

IDH, a good coach can teach Nash how to use that big frame, but yeah right now he doesn't play to his size.

Balej20* 08-18-2004 02:52 AM

I think Dany Heatley can be better than all these guys. He's even got a little power foward game in him, to go along with all his other amazing skills.

RangersFan 08-18-2004 04:35 AM

Kovalchuk without a doubt. You would be nuts to choose any of the others over him...

AJ1982 08-18-2004 09:17 AM

K-Chuk

Bacchus 08-18-2004 09:24 AM

From this list: Nash. But I'd take Heatley over him.

Lil_Leafs_Freak 08-18-2004 09:31 AM

It's kinda hard with Ilya Kovalchuk and Rick Nash, but i guess i would choose Ilya Kovalchuk, he's amazing.

in the hall 08-18-2004 09:40 AM

I'm getting the impression people are using a little bit of steriotype here

Kovalchuk plays more like a power forward at this point then all those above, while Nash will probably end up being more physically dominant, Kovalchuk is physically dominant enough to wear teams down, stay in front and go into the corners.. he is a physical presence, what sets him apart is his skill

anyway I'm not trying to brain wash you all, just realize Kovalchuk is the most complete player (aside his defense, Gaborik only one there that is "good" defensively) on that list