HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Just a thought... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=98452)

AG9NK35DT8* 08-17-2004 04:20 PM

Just a thought...

would hamrlik be a good fit does he bring anyting needed to this NYR club? opinions

MSG NETWORK: Stan Fischler reports the re-signing of defenceman Janne Niinimaa by the NY Islanders "virtually guarantees" blueliner Roman Hamrlik won't be back with the club. Fischler notes the Tampa Bay Lightning have wanted to re-acquire Hamrlik for some time.

he could possibly be a god fit with tyutin i believe.like i said just an idea, its not something im looking foward to but if it happened then , i wouldnt be that upset.

barnaby63 08-17-2004 04:37 PM

Would have to be a 3-way deal since there is no way the Isles will trade Hammer to the Rangers.

Radek27 08-17-2004 05:26 PM

We are getting like Leafs fans..................every player that may become available we should get. We still need help up front where I think we should spend some $$ for help.

nyr7andcounting 08-17-2004 06:28 PM

I don't think it would be worth it to give up what it would take to get a guy like Hamrlik. It will definetly take some young players, maybe a prospect or a pick....I don't think that's worth it. We already have enough defenseman for this season, our holes right now are at the forward positions.

Only way I would do it is if a team would take either Poti straight up or Rachunek +. I would only trade for him if I could unload a defenseman.... this way Hamrlik has a spot to play and he can play there without disrupting the development of guys already in NY.

Edge 08-17-2004 07:44 PM

Does anyone here even understand the concept of rebuilding anymore?

NYR469 08-17-2004 08:23 PM

i might consider hamrlik if he could be had for just $$, but i wouldn't trade for him...if you want a veteran dman there are guys still on the ufa market

barnaby63 08-17-2004 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge

I wasnt advocating getting Hammer, just saying that if we were to it would be a 3-team deal.

But yea, whenever a player becomes available we always have some guy posting on how we should get them. :help:

BDubinskyNYR17* 08-17-2004 08:51 PM

Id say sign Zhitnik. He is a solid dman and can help Tyutin and Kondratiev. Zhitnik hits hard and scores a little. Id take him over Poti any day.

Edge 08-17-2004 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnaby63
I wasnt advocating getting Hammer, just saying that if we were to it would be a 3-team deal.

But yea, whenever a player becomes available we always have some guy posting on how we should get them. :help:

Oh I know it wasn't you, but the idea floodgates are already opening around here. :)

I think if we get some vets they should be forwards {Though not signed through the next election year}.

barnaby63 08-17-2004 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Id say sign Zhitnik. He is a solid dman and can help Tyutin and Kondratiev. Zhitnik hits hard and scores a little. Id take him over Poti any day.

Vlad Malakhov Part 2.

kazo 08-18-2004 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge

It's not even worth looking at 90% of these nonsensic posts anymore. Intelligent conversation used to be the rule, not the exception here.

Zhitnik........................sigh.

E-Train 08-18-2004 01:07 PM

It's not even worth looking at 90% of these nonsensic posts anymore. Intelligent conversation used to be the rule, not the exception here.

bingo. hopefully intelligent conversation will come back with the start of school only a few weeks away