HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Speculation: Opening night lineup (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=985321)

Acadmus 09-16-2011 08:08 AM

Opening night lineup
 
Rather than hijack numerous thread with this, post your projections here.

Montsy14 09-16-2011 08:20 AM

Fleischmann - Weiss - Versteeg
Booth - Santorelli - Upshall
Bergenheim - Goc - Kopecky
Dadonov - Carter - Skille
scratches: Bradley, Matthias

I realize Dadonov should probably be in a top 6 role, so he very well could be considering Upshall can easily be moved between lines 1-3.

Campbell - Kulikov
Garrison - Weaver
Jovo - Gudbranson
Scratch: Ellerby

Theodore/Clemmensen
*secretly hoping for Markstrom

MAGILLIGAN 09-16-2011 09:24 AM

I like the looks of this lineup. The Panthers should be a very entertaining team this season!


Quote:

Originally Posted by Montsy14 (Post 36746491)
Fleischmann - Weiss - Versteeg
Booth - Santorelli - Upshall
Bergenheim - Goc - Kopecky
Dadonov - Carter - Skille
scratches: Bradley, Matthias

I realize Dadonov should probably be in a top 6 role, so he very well could be considering Upshall can easily be moved between lines 1-3.

Campbell - Kulikov
Garrison - Weaver
Jovo - Gudbranson
Scratch: Ellerby

Theodore/Clemmensen
*secretly hoping for Markstrom


RainingRats 09-16-2011 10:54 AM

Fleischmann - Weiss - Versteeg
Booth - Santorelli - Dads
Upshall - Goc - Kopecky
Bergenheim - Carter - Skille
scratches: Bradley, Matthias



Campbell - Kulikov
Garrison - Weaver
Jovo - Gudbranson
Scratch: Ellerby

these D combos seem the most logical

Theodore/Clemmensen

Our top 6 forwards could all break 20 goals. But I wouldn't bet on any breaking 30 :/ This is going to be a competitive team. Unfortunately, we don't have any players who could be counted on to gives us that needed goal.

caley 09-16-2011 11:06 AM

I don't think the Panthers signed Bradley to a one-way deal just to sit in the press box, so this is what I think the lines shake down like.

Booth - Weiss - Versteeg
Dadonov - Fleischmann - Kopecky
Bergenheim - Goc - Upshall
Skille - Santorelli - Bradley

Campbell - Kulikov
Jovanovski - Ellerby
Weaver - Garrison

Theodore
Clemmensen

pb1300 09-16-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caley (Post 36750393)
I don't think the Panthers signed Bradley to a one-way deal just to sit in the press box, so this is what I think the lines shake down like.

Booth - Weiss - Versteeg
Dadonov - Fleischmann - Kopecky
Bergenheim - Goc - Upshall
Skille - Santorelli - Bradley

Campbell - Kulikov
Jovanovski - Ellerby
Weaver - Garrison

Theodore
Clemmensen

Lines are way off bro, sorry. No way Santorelli centers our 4th line, nor does Kopecky play the 2nd IMO.

Booth - Weiss - Fleischmann
Dadanov - Santorelli - Versteeg
Upshall - Goc - Bergenheim
Skille - Kopecky - Matthias/Bradley/Carter

Soupy - Kulikov
Jovo - Gudbranson
Weaver - Garrison
Ellerby

Theodore
Clemmensen

JayBO4 09-16-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pb1300 (Post 36750803)
Lines are way off bro, sorry. No way Santorelli centers our 4th line, nor does Kopecky play the 2nd IMO.

Booth - Weiss - Fleischmann
Dadanov - Santorelli - Versteeg
Upshall - Goc - Bergenheim
Skille - Kopecky - Matthias/Bradley/Carter

Soupy - Kulikov
Jovo - Gudbranson
Weaver - Garrison
Ellerby

Theodore
Clemmensen

you have obviously never watched hockey before, those have to be a joke?

Upshall-Weiss-Versteeg
Booth-Kopecky-Fleishmann
Skille-Matthias-Bergenheim
Dadanov-Santorelli-Carters

Campbell- Ellerby
Lulikovweaver
Jovo- Gudbranson


Theodore

16Skippy 09-16-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayBO4 (Post 36751577)
you have obviously never watched hockey before, those have to be a joke?

Upshall-Weiss-Versteeg
Booth-Kopecky-Fleishmann
Skille-Matthias-Bergenheim
Dadanov-Santorelli-Carters

Campbell- Ellerby
Lulikovweaver
Jovo- Gudbranson


Theodore

I think you forgot the http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...!Trollface.png

Coolburn 09-16-2011 12:08 PM

I dont see the lines staying too consistent but here's what I expect for opening night:

Booth - Weiss - Versteeg
Fleischmann - Santorelli - Kopecky
Upshall - Goc - Dadonov
Bergenheim - Carter - Skille
Extra: Bradley

Campbell - Jovanovski
Kulikov - Garrison
Weaver - Gudbranson
Extra: Ellerby

Theodore
Clemmensen

Keep in mind that Tallon has already said they're going to carry only 22 players so I only had 1 extra forward and 1 extra d-man as a result.

Coolburn 09-16-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pb1300 (Post 36750803)
Lines are way off bro, sorry. No way Santorelli centers our 4th line, nor does Kopecky play the 2nd IMO.

Booth - Weiss - Fleischmann
Dadanov - Santorelli - Versteeg
Upshall - Goc - Bergenheim
Skille - Kopecky - Matthias/Bradley/Carter

Soupy - Kulikov
Jovo - Gudbranson
Weaver - Garrison
Ellerby

Theodore
Clemmensen

I dont disagree with your first statement, Santorelli is gonna be the 2nd line center. But Tallon didnt sign Kopecky for $3M+ if he didnt expect him to be playing in the top 9 and possibly even the top 6. No way will we see him as the 4th line center...first because he's not a very good center and secondly because he's capable of playing a top 6 role as shown in Chicago last season. And really we'll see a balance in terms of icetime between the 2nd & 3rd line IMO so it'll essentially be line 1, line 2a, line 2b, line 4.

RainingRats 09-16-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolburn (Post 36752219)
I dont disagree with your first statement, Santorelli is gonna be the 2nd line center. But Tallon didnt sign Kopecky for $3M+ if he didnt expect him to be playing in the top 9 and possibly even the top 6. No way will we see him as the 4th line center...first because he's not a very good center and secondly because he's capable of playing a top 6 role as shown in Chicago last season. And really we'll see a balance in terms of icetime between the 2nd & 3rd line IMO so it'll essentially be line 1, line 2a, line 2b, line 4.

To be fair, he was playing with much better players in Chicago.

Coolburn 09-16-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainingRats (Post 36752363)
To be fair, he was playing with much better players in Chicago.

True but he got the top 6 chance there because of injuries. So not everyone was in the lineup. Besides, the way I've setup the lines with him on the 2nd line, his style of play compliments the other players on the line (and I maintained that attempt to compliement styles to each of the top 3 lines). Plus as I started off, I dont see the lines staying consistent all season anyway...most of these guys could probably play on any of the lines really and not look out of place.

RainingRats 09-16-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolburn (Post 36752655)
True but he got the top 6 chance there because of injuries. So not everyone was in the lineup. Besides, the way I've setup the lines with him on the 2nd line, his style of play compliments the other players on the line (and I maintained that attempt to compliement styles to each of the top 3 lines). Plus as I started off, I dont see the lines staying consistent all season anyway...most of these guys could probably play on any of the lines really and not look out of place.

Yeah, we have a bunch of 2b, 3a, lines.

jkscott 09-16-2011 12:58 PM

Markstrom wont see the NHL this year.

J17 Vs Proclamation 09-16-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayBO4 (Post 36751577)
you have obviously never watched hockey before, those have to be a joke?

Upshall-Weiss-Versteeg
Booth-Kopecky-Fleishmann
Skille-Matthias-Bergenheim
Dadanov-Santorelli-Carters

Campbell- Ellerby
Lulikovweaver
Jovo- Gudbranson


Theodore

So the 4th line consist of a borderline NHL player, and two Offensive minded somewhat non-physical forwards? The 3rd line consists of two players who have yet to establish themselves as legitimate NHL forwards? The 2nd line is centered by Tomas Kopecky, a gritty but underskilled forward with average skating.

The 1st line has Upshall on it?

Ellerby playing 1st pairing minutes? Uh oh.

I think i've found a new role for you. A doctor never enjoys having to tell a patient it's terminal. Well no more! With your fruitful spin and endearing ignorance, you are perfect for the role of terminator translater.

To have significant success, we are going to need Santo, Booth, Flash and Dadonov to step up and define themselves as scoring players in the NHL. You cannot rely on someone like Upshall in the top six on a regular basis ; because you will get massacred. You aren't going to score enough.

Boooooth10 09-16-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation (Post 36753731)
So the 4th line consist of a borderline NHL player, and two Offensive minded somewhat non-physical forwards? The 3rd line consists of two players who have yet to establish themselves as legitimate NHL forwards? The 2nd line is centered by Tomas Kopecky, a gritty but underskilled forward with average skating.

The 1st line has Upshall on it?

Ellerby playing 1st pairing minutes? Uh oh.

I think i've found a new role for you. A doctor never enjoys having to tell a patient it's terminal. Well no more! With your fruitful spin and endearing ignorance, you are perfect for the role of terminator translater.

To have significant success, we are going to need Santo, Booth, Flash and Dadonov to step up and define themselves as scoring players in the NHL. You cannot rely on someone like Upshall in the top six on a regular basis ; because you will get massacred. You aren't going to score enough.

J17, you never cease to make me laugh. :laugh:

RainingRats 09-16-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkscott (Post 36753637)
Markstrom wont see the NHL this year.

Based on what? His stellar play so far? To say he wont see the NHL is silly. The goalies above him right now on on the depth chart could get injured or traded. There going to want him to get NHL experience eventually as he is penciled in 100% for next season.

luby3131 09-16-2011 01:25 PM

Booth - Weiss - Versteeg
Fleischmann - Santorelli - Dadonov
Howden - Goc - Upshall
Bergenheim - Timmins - Kopecky
Skille or Bradley

Campbell - Kulikov
Jovanovski - Gudbranson
Weaver - Garrison
Ellerby

Theodore
Clemmensen
Markstrom?

- Quinton Howden is going to make this team. There is no reason to send him back to junior. He is NHL ready and will make an impact this season.

- Scott Timmins wins out the 4th line center job over Ryan Carter, Tim Kennedy, and Shawn Matthias. The Panthers brass is high on him, and he played well in his call up last season.

- Don't sleep on Jacob Markstrom. He's already passed his first test in rookie camp. If he shows he's ready in the upcoming preseason games, the Panthers could be stuck with three goalies on the roster.

- Gudbranson is on the team. I think we all knew that already.

- Shawn Matthias, Ryan Carter, and Tim Kennedy will all be sent to San Antonio. It's just a numbers thing.

- There are three forward spots up for grab. There are 10 locks at forward: Booth, Weiss, Versteeg, Fleischmann, Goc, Santorelli, Upshall, Kopecky, Bergenheim, and Howden (yes, he's a lock). One of Skille, Bradley, Timmins, or Dadonov will not make this team. I believe Skille is the odd man out.

RainingRats 09-16-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luby3131 (Post 36754475)
Booth - Weiss - Versteeg
Fleischmann - Santorelli - Dadonov
Howden - Goc - Upshall
Bergenheim - Timmins - Kopecky
Skille or Bradley

Campbell - Kulikov
Jovanovski - Gudbranson
Weaver - Garrison
Ellerby

Theodore
Clemmensen
Markstrom?

- Quinton Howden is going to make this team. There is no reason to send him back to junior. He is NHL ready and will make an impact this season.

- Scott Timmins wins out the 4th line center job over Ryan Carter, Tim Kennedy, and Shawn Matthias. The Panthers brass is high on him, and he played well in his call up last season.

- Don't sleep on Jacob Markstrom. He's already passed his first test in rookie camp. If he shows he's ready in the upcoming preseason games, the Panthers could be stuck with three goalies on the roster.

- Gudbranson is on the team. I think we all knew that already.

- Shawn Matthias, Ryan Carter, and Tim Kennedy will all be sent to San Antonio. It's just a numbers thing.

- There are three forward spots up for grab. There are 10 locks at forward: Booth, Weiss, Versteeg, Fleischmann, Goc, Santorelli, Upshall, Kopecky, Bergenheim, and Howden (yes, he's a lock). One of Skille, Bradley, Timmins, or Dadonov will not make this team. I believe Skille is the odd man out.

I wouldn't be so sure about Howden.

They seem to be high on Timmins but doesn't he get sent down to San Antonio without having to worry about clearing waivers? They'll definitely consider that before they risk losing a guy like Matthias.

Skille is Tallon's boy. Doubt he'll be odd man out.

J17 Vs Proclamation 09-16-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luby3131 (Post 36754475)
Booth - Weiss - Versteeg
Fleischmann - Santorelli - Dadonov
Howden - Goc - Upshall
Bergenheim - Timmins - Kopecky
Skille or Bradley

Campbell - Kulikov
Jovanovski - Gudbranson
Weaver - Garrison
Ellerby

Theodore
Clemmensen
Markstrom?

- Quinton Howden is going to make this team. There is no reason to send him back to junior. He is NHL ready and will make an impact this season.

- Scott Timmins wins out the 4th line center job over Ryan Carter, Tim Kennedy, and Shawn Matthias. The Panthers brass is high on him, and he played well in his call up last season.

- Don't sleep on Jacob Markstrom. He's already passed his first test in rookie camp. If he shows he's ready in the upcoming preseason games, the Panthers could be stuck with three goalies on the roster.

- Gudbranson is on the team. I think we all knew that already.

- Shawn Matthias, Ryan Carter, and Tim Kennedy will all be sent to San Antonio. It's just a numbers thing.

- There are three forward spots up for grab. There are 10 locks at forward: Booth, Weiss, Versteeg, Fleischmann, Goc, Santorelli, Upshall, Kopecky, Bergenheim, and Howden (yes, he's a lock). One of Skille, Bradley, Timmins, or Dadonov will not make this team. I believe Skille is the odd man out.

- Howden is unlikely to make this team. An underwhelming showing at the rookie event will mean he literally has to be brilliant at training camp. He's 19 and there will be better prospects league wide who don't make the show this year than Howden. He should go back to the WHL ; where he certainly has more to learn and develop.

- Even if Markstrom is awesome in camp, the AHL is the logical place to put him. We have two goalies signed and Theo wasn't signed not to play. You don't put a 21 year old Goalie on the bench, and considering he has unfinished business in the AHL combined with vet competiton, making the NHL for any significant amount of time this year isn't going to happen. The only way it is possible is if Markstrom dominates to a degree where you think he's already a legit #1 in the NHL. But he isn't yet, and developing Goalie prospects is about patience and letting them play. In this case, the AHL is the place.

Skille will make the team. One thing im not particuarly enthused about with Tallon is his preference for his old boys. Of course many people will run with this preference, but i don't think it's particularly great management, and alot of his "old boys" really aren't very good.

Shockley 09-16-2011 02:48 PM

Taking bets. how many goals do you think versteeg will get this year?

Bruise Bros 2426 09-16-2011 02:51 PM

Jack Skille and Scott Timmins beat out Shawn Matthias and Ryan Carter?

Penslaaja 09-16-2011 03:23 PM

Pens fan here.

Those lines look pretty good.. Panthers is my 2nd favourite team, i hope you make it to the playoffs! :yo:

Blad Meaning Gud 09-16-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainingRats (Post 36750063)
Fleischmann - Weiss - Versteeg
Booth - Santorelli - Dads
Upshall - Goc - Kopecky
Bergenheim - Carter - Skille
scratches: Bradley, Matthias



Campbell - Kulikov
Garrison - Weaver
Jovo - Gudbranson
Scratch: Ellerby

these D combos seem the most logical

Theodore/Clemmensen

Our top 6 forwards could all break 20 goals. But I wouldn't bet on any breaking 30 :/ This is going to be a competitive team. Unfortunately, we don't have any players who could be counted on to gives us that needed goal.

This except I'd put Campbell-Jovo and Kuli-Guds together.. And Matthas over Carter

luby3131 09-16-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainingRats (Post 36754709)
I wouldn't be so sure about Howden.

They seem to be high on Timmins but doesn't he get sent down to San Antonio without having to worry about clearing waivers? They'll definitely consider that before they risk losing a guy like Matthias.

Skille is Tallon's boy. Doubt he'll be odd man out.

Matthias is on a 2 way deal for this current season, so he's not subject to waivers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation (Post 36756387)
- Howden is unlikely to make this team. An underwhelming showing at the rookie event will mean he literally has to be brilliant at training camp. He's 19 and there will be better prospects league wide who don't make the show this year than Howden. He should go back to the WHL ; where he certainly has more to learn and develop.

- Even if Markstrom is awesome in camp, the AHL is the logical place to put him. We have two goalies signed and Theo wasn't signed not to play. You don't put a 21 year old Goalie on the bench, and considering he has unfinished business in the AHL combined with vet competiton, making the NHL for any significant amount of time this year isn't going to happen. The only way it is possible is if Markstrom dominates to a degree where you think he's already a legit #1 in the NHL. But he isn't yet, and developing Goalie prospects is about patience and letting them play. In this case, the AHL is the place.

Skille will make the team. One thing im not particuarly enthused about with Tallon is his preference for his old boys. Of course many people will run with this preference, but i don't think it's particularly great management, and alot of his "old boys" really aren't very good.

Remember, this is the opening night thread. I believe if worst comes to worst, Howden is sent back to junior after a 9 game stint. I wouldn't call his performance "underwhelming" at the rookie camp. He just didn't score. Howden does so many other thinks well, especially away from the puck. I'm telling you guys he's on the team.

Markstrom is a question mark. He most likely starts the season in the AHL, but there is that chance the Panthers keep him up and give him a chance early. San Antonio will be fine without him. Brian Foster needs to get some playing time at the AHL level anyway, but let's just see how he does in the pre-season before we place him on a team.

Skille is in a battle for a job. That's all I'm saying.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.