HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   OT: If you've been with DirecTV for some time, check out your loyalty gift (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=985915)

TonySCV 09-17-2011 12:22 PM

If you've been with DirecTV for some time, check out your loyalty gift

I'm not sure what the cutoff date is for minimum number of years you need to have been a DirecTV customer to receive this year's top annual loyalty gift (I've been with them since 1996), but it's a doozie if you qualify for their top gift - it's NFL Sunday Ticket free for the entire season.

Most loyalty gifts are in the range of $30 in value annually. This is worth $350. Some people who aren't football fans are having success calling DirecTV, (thanking them for the extremely generous gift) and asking if they will do an exchange - free Center Ice instead of Sunday Ticket.

You may need to speak with the retention department to get anything done, FYI. In my case they didn't want to remove the free Sunday ticket, but they gave me bill credits to effectively give me Center Ice for $30 for the season while keeping Sunday Ticket, which was far more than the exchange I asked for. Super-thrilled!

- T

DAkings20 09-17-2011 12:35 PM

I've been getting direct tv flyers for almost two months now offering free Sunday ticket when signing up as a new customer.

Face Wash 09-17-2011 01:09 PM

As an employee of DTV I can tell you it shouldn't be a problem to swap... it costs us infinitely less to bring you free hockey... INFINITELY LESS!!! I mean, it's not even close. But I guess if you don't like football....

DoktorJeep 09-17-2011 02:59 PM

I received a card for 3 months of the Sports package for free. I called and asked them if they would give me CI instead and the guy said that the sports package came out to like $13 a month, and that CI was like $150, so it wasn't a close to fair trade. I couldn't think of a good thing to counter that with, so if anyone here has any advice, lemme know.

TonySCV 09-17-2011 03:04 PM

Sports pack isn't bad. While live road games are blacked out, the replays aren't. Nice for recording the other teams broadcast to hear what they have to say about the Kings.

DoktorJeep 09-17-2011 03:57 PM

Yea, I was thinking about that too. I think there are some of the sports channels back east (NY, Philly, Boston) in the mix, so I can probably catch more eastern conference teams than I usually do for a couple of months.

Muzzfan 09-17-2011 04:11 PM

Tony, I did this too. I just told the rep that I wasn't a football fan, but a hockey fan, how about giving me the Center Ice Package instead?

She was totally fine with this. I don't think is a tough sell or anything.

5 more days to live hockey!

Wildturkey12 09-17-2011 05:24 PM

Im really thinking about switching from Time Warner to Direct. Im just waiting for the baseball season to end. Time Warner was giving me extra innings and home ice free for almost 3 years by mistake, they finally caught it before this baseball season.

I wonder if they would do the switch for a new account. I like football but I usually go to a bar with my buddies on Sundays.

DocWest 09-18-2011 01:03 PM

I've had DirectTV for years now and I don't get Sunday Ticket. What are the qualifications to get it?

EagleBlack87 09-18-2011 02:47 PM

I've been a customer since 2001. I called them up this morning as asked for any loyalty gift they were giving out as I heard some are getting NFL ST for free. She said she hasn't heard of an offer like that. The best she can do is dock off $120 for the program. I asked if she can do anything for our Euro Soccer Package or NHL Center Ice and she said nothing. The other option is to give us $5/months for the next 6 months.

Tony, you lucked out here..

TonySCV 09-18-2011 05:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like you may need to be a 10+ year sub to get Sunday Ticket for free... still glad to hear some folks got some sort of a discount though for asking. Never hurts to ask. :)

mbar 09-26-2011 05:59 PM

If you have Directv and have previously had NHL Center Ice you might try the following approach:

-Call and cancel Center Ice (which just auto-renewed on your current bill)

I'm a 9 year subscriber with no current commitment and they ended up giving me $25/month for 6 months to not cancel Center Ice. That ends up being a net cost of under $20 for the package (it is currently 4 payments of $42 for renewal). And I didn't even try, I'm sure even better deals are there to be had for subscribers without commitments to Directv.

Just a thought that might help a few people get the package for near free.