HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Rumor: Another day another Schneider rumor. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=986411)

MTechnik 09-18-2011 12:56 PM

Another day another Schneider rumor.
 
This one is from Andy Strickland so he's a little credible.

"Two of those teams are Columbus and Phoenix who have apparently expressed some level of interest in Schneider."

"The price tag to get Schneider will likely be a combination of at least a 1st round pick and a player who can help the Canucks today."

http://www.truehockey.com/articles/S...-Surface-Again

dashingsilverfox* 09-18-2011 12:59 PM

Turris and a first round pick?

Nachoman AlfieSavage* 09-18-2011 01:00 PM

inb4 turris

edit DAMN YOU judyinbc!

Kickassguy 09-18-2011 01:02 PM

Strickland is relatively credible. Interesting.

JamesBond* 09-18-2011 01:02 PM

Strickland is as reliable a source as there is. Very tuned in. Still shocking he continues to work with Dwayne Klessel.

Noticed that Gillis was a bit cryptic when asked about Schneider at the opening of camp - when asked if he was going to be able to keep him and Luongo, he said something like "I don't know....we'll see." Sort of different tone than he has offered up in the past.

Bobby Lou 09-18-2011 01:03 PM

Jeeze, I hope the return is that high.

parabola 09-18-2011 01:05 PM

Does that mean they're confident in Lack?

Kickassguy 09-18-2011 01:06 PM

As some have mentioned, Turris is the logical choice from Phoenix. What about from Columbus?

mrmyheadhurts 09-18-2011 01:06 PM

Whatever the return is, it's going to suck seeing him become a legit #1 on another team.

Canucker 09-18-2011 01:07 PM

It's going to have to be a significant piece that will help us immediately if we're going to give away such a valuable insurance policy.

JamesBond* 09-18-2011 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Lou (Post 36804803)
Jeeze, I hope the return is that high.

The thought of having both Turris AND Hodgson is mind blowing. Reminds me of those Avs teams that always used to have a "second wave" of amazing talent waiting in the wings.

Now then, we just have to figure out which player will move to the wing. :sarcasm:

MTechnik 09-18-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts (Post 36804917)
Whatever the return is, it's going to suck seeing him become a legit #1 on another team.

If we can get Phoenix's 1st this year(top 5?) I'd do it, Turris would just be icing on the cake.

Nachoman AlfieSavage* 09-18-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts (Post 36804917)
Whatever the return is, it's going to suck seeing him become a legit #1 on another team.

Part of me wishes we'd just move the other guy... if it's possible to move a contract that large.

Regardless, I hope we get a good return from him. Imagine if we got a first from Pheonix for 2012. That could be a top 5 pick.... Heck, dare I say it... it might even be first. *gets very excited*

Luck 6 09-18-2011 01:12 PM

A part of me wants to say I'd make a Turris Labarbra for Schneider deal, but I don't think I would. I want to see how Hodgson does in camp, because having Turris makes Hodgson a bit redundant atleast this season. I doubt they move Doan though, so we'd be best to wait this out. If Smith fails, and Phoenix drops out of the playoff race, they may be inclined to move their captain for a major piece to their future.

Drop the Sopel 09-18-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canucker (Post 36804935)
It's going to have to be a significant piece that will help us immediately if we're going to give away such a valuable insurance policy.

I'd move Schneider straight up for Turris in a heartbeat. He doesn't necessarily fill an organizational need but you can never have too much depth and talent up the middle and Henrik Sedin will need to be replaced at some point down the road.

IMO Eddie lack is probably ready to handle backup duties this season. If not, finding a veteran to fill that role shouldn't be a problem.

VC 09-18-2011 01:13 PM

Not surprised that teams are expressing interest in Schneider.

Does Columbus even still have a first rounder? Was it not sent off to Philly for Carter?

BLAME CANADA* 09-18-2011 01:13 PM

Don't see how Turris would fit in with us when we're wanting Hodgson to make that jump, don't see them trading us Doan at the start of the season. I really would be down with a Schneider for Gormley trade but would prefer for that to be a offseason move. Don't know what Jackets would have? as I'm sure we'd be looking for a winger for Kesler. I bet Schneider is a Canuck at the end of the season.

Burrows19 09-18-2011 01:14 PM

First time i've been excited/ anxious since game 7. Somthing like Brassard+ 1st or Turris+ 1st would be soo sick.

Nachoman AlfieSavage* 09-18-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VC (Post 36805201)
Not surprised that teams are expressing interest in Schneider.

Does Columbus even still have a first rounder? Was it not sent off to Philly for Carter?

If Gillis were smart, he'd go after the pheonix first. Besides, they need Schneider much more than Columbus does.

I'll come right out and say it. The Pheonix first gives us a chance at Yakupov. I don't care who you are, if you have even the slightest chance to get someone that talented, you pull the trigger.

Burrows19 09-18-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VC (Post 36805201)
Not surprised that teams are expressing interest in Schneider.

Does Columbus even still have a first rounder? Was it not sent off to Philly for Carter?

That was there 2011 1st (The last draft) or in the other words Sean Couturier.:nod:

dashingsilverfox* 09-18-2011 01:16 PM

Turris obviously wants out of Phoenix and at some point Maloney will have to fish or cut bait.

Getting a starting goaltender in return for a malcontent would be a deal made in heaven for him.

Canucker 09-18-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel (Post 36805197)
I'd move Schneider straight up for Turris in a heartbeat. He doesn't necessarily fill an organizational need but you can never have too much depth and talent up the middle and Henrik Sedin will need to be replaced at some point down the road.

IMO Eddie lack is probably ready to handle backup duties this season. If not, finding a veteran to fill that role shouldn't be a problem.

I dunno if I'd do it in a "heartbeat", but I'd definitely consider it. First off I'd want to know if Turris' salary demands were coming with him or if that was a ploy to get out of Phoenix. Plus I'd still like to get more than just Turris because I feel Schneider has proven more at this level so far. Not asking for the world but I think a pick should be thrown our way.

BLAME CANADA* 09-18-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesBond (Post 36804951)
The thought of having both Turris AND Hodgson is mind blowing. Reminds me of those Avs teams that always used to have a "second wave" of amazing talent waiting in the wings.

Now then, we just have to figure out which player will move to the wing. :sarcasm:

Don't see the point in having Turris and Hodgson with Sedin and Kesler Malhotra making up the top 3 centers, I'd think both would be wingers. I would hope we go for a more power forward for Keslers wing. I would not mind having Turris here at all but their not giving us their 1st and Turris for Schneider....

Don't know if I agree that the Jackets pick will be a for sure high pick they had a pretty good offseason.

Drop the Sopel 09-18-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canucker (Post 36805423)
I dunno if I'd do it in a "heartbeat", but I'd definitely consider it. First off I'd want to know if Turris' salary demands were coming with him or if that was a ploy to get out of Phoenix. Plus I'd still like to get more than just Turris because I feel Schneider has proven more at this level so far. Not asking for the world but I think a pick should be thrown our way.

He should have proved more at this level - he's 25 and Turris just turned 22.

I would do it because of Turris' potential, coupled with the fact we're going to need some offense out of that 2nd line centre position until Kesler returns. Turris hasn't set the world on fire but he also hasn't played on the PP and was only given 11 minutes a night on a very defensive minded team.

I doubt Turris would demand anything unreasonable if he was a Canuck. He probably just wants out...

Bobby Lou 09-18-2011 01:28 PM

We have some options anyways; Legace is here on a PTO, Lack has looked good at the AHL level, and St. Laurent might be worth a look as an AHL back-up or something based on his play so far. There are still a few vets out there that would probably take near entry-level deals to play here....Turco and Emery.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.