HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Speculation: Winnipeg Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation-It all goes here; Part IV (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=986601)

wpgsilver 09-17-2011 09:42 PM

Winnipeg Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation-It all goes here; Part IV
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AugustBurnsRed (Post 36790967)
He could but everyone else would have to be really, really bad.

Well I think we needed to bring someone in. Because our PK was really, really bad. I'm not disillusioned and think he's great by any means, but our PK was so bad if he can improve it at all he should be on the team. Last years players/system didnt do the job.

AndersUlfBobby 09-17-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AugustBurnsRed (Post 36790967)
He could but everyone else would have to be really, really bad.

Not a fan huh? :laugh:

untouchable21 09-18-2011 07:25 AM

How has Antropov looked. Interested to see if he can return to form. A healthy productive Antropov might be more important than a lot of us realize.

Zhamnov10 09-18-2011 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by untouchable21 (Post 36797575)
How has Antropov looked. Interested to see if he can return to form. A healthy productive Antropov might be more important than a lot of us realize.

Unfortunately he looked really bad his skating,stick handling,and endurance were all really bad he must be able to use his reach and size alot more in game situations.He better be a decent dressing room guy be an older mentor type otherwise i could see us walking away from him at some point soon.

Fon89 09-18-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 (Post 36797729)
Unfortunately he looked really bad his skating,stick handling,and endurance were all really bad he must be able to use his reach and size alot more in game situations.He better be a decent dressing room guy be an older mentor type otherwise i could see us walking away from him at some point soon.

Looks like there might have been kind of a reason for Antropov's play... :(

Quote:

ANTROPOV EXCUSED: Jets forward Nik Antropov was the first player to hit the ice on Saturday, to a rousing ovation, but he was on a plane to Toronto by early afternoon so he could attend the funeral service for close friend and former teammate Igor Korolev. Antopov is expected to rejoin the Jets in time for Monday’s workouts.

Jet 09-18-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 (Post 36789331)
Just wanna make a note owduya definately does not fit on this team he really looked weak defensively out there today.I really think we should try and trade him for a 3rd line quality penalty killer or another d in the mark stuart mold we have to many offence first d-men including postma who looked really good

Sorry, are you talking about Owuya or Oduya?

Jet 09-18-2011 09:45 PM

Winnipeg Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation-It all goes here; Part IV
 
Continue here.

Primetimey* 09-19-2011 05:50 PM

Winnipeg Jets will be using Air Canada Charter planes much like the Vancouver Canucks. Tanner Glass just tweeted: " TGlass15 Tanner Glass
Jets napkins are a nice touch. The boys are loving the Air Canada charter. #notinAtlantaanymore yfrog.com/j2jpbfj "

The napkins are a nice touch! Air Canada Jetz!

Zhamnov10 09-19-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet (Post 36822325)
Sorry, are you talking about Owuya or Oduya?

Ya sorry about that I meant Oduya! I don't think he is a horrible player just a little overpaid buy who knows under a different system again he may improve this year.I just think we need another defence first type defenceman.I actually thought Owuya looked promising at practice little raw but he has some tools.

CSRMakeit10 09-24-2011 10:24 PM

Should we try to acquire Kotalik
 
He was waived by the Sabres today. Could be a nice addition.

AugustBurnsRed* 09-24-2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSRMakeit10 (Post 37060767)
He was waived by the Sabres today. Could be a nice addition.

No it couldn't.

Jet 09-24-2011 11:01 PM

Personally I think Kotalik is pretty much done. He's bounced around alot the past couple of years and been waived twice.

I liked him when he was younger but he has lost a few steps.

However, this is still awesome:

http://kotes.ytmnd.com/

broinwhyteridge 09-24-2011 11:02 PM

Why would the Jets want Kotalik?

They already have an abundance of players who will get @ 8 points this year, and none of them come with a $3m (+) ticket.

Hammer Slammer 09-24-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet (Post 37062035)

I watched that way longer than I should've.

Makeshift We Are 09-25-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer (Post 37063535)
I watched that way longer than I should've.

You're not alone... Unfortunately.

WJG 09-25-2011 12:40 AM

The only waived player I'd like to see us claim is Stefan Legein.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they claim Bolduc, given that he played for Moose.

Paradise 09-25-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJG (Post 37064547)
The only waived player I'd like to see us claim is Stefan Legein.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they claim Bolduc, given that he played for Moose.

I wouldn't mind putting in a claim for Legein. He still has potential to be a top 9 forward.

I sure hope we don't go after Bolduc, we already have enough guys on our 4th line as is. I would hope they don't go after him just because of his Moose ties. Let's let go of the Moose history and become an NHL team, like we should be.

Jet 09-25-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer (Post 37063535)
I watched that way longer than I should've.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makeshift We Are (Post 37063879)
You're not alone... Unfortunately.

Don't worry, we all do.

Paradise 09-26-2011 10:32 AM

Anyone heard anything about J.P Dumont's status? He could provide a good veteran presence, pk ability and could pop in some goals to boot. He could fill in on the 2nd line in a pinch. I see him as more of a 3rd line winger, which we could use anyways. Just some thought's I thought I'd get others opinions on.

Guerzy 09-26-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradise (Post 37112495)
Anyone heard anything about J.P Dumont's status? He could provide a good veteran presence, pk ability and could pop in some goals to boot. He could fill in on the 2nd line in a pinch. I see him as more of a 3rd line winger, which we could use anyways. Just some thought's I thought I'd get others opinions on.

I'd take a flyer on him. Last season wasn't overly kind to him, but he may still have a good year or two in him. He just turned 33 in April, so he may not be done just yet.

WJG 09-26-2011 04:07 PM

Florida has waived Michal Repik, who might be worth a claim.

He's had a few very good seasons in the AHL and was a solid player in the WHL before that.

Quote:

2005-06 Vancouver Giants WHL 69 24 28 52
2006-07 Vancouver Giants WHL 56 24 31 55
2007-08 Vancouver Giants WHL 51 27 34 61
2008-09 Rochester Americans AHL 75 19 30 49
2008-09 Florida Panthers NHL 5 2 0 2 2
2009-10 Florida Panthers NHL 19 3 2 5 6
2009-10 Rochester Americans AHL 60 22 31 53
2010-11 Rochester Americans AHL 53 11 34 45
2010-11 Florida Panthers NHL 31 2 6 8

untouchable21 09-26-2011 07:57 PM

Do they still need to fill out any roster spots in the AHL?

A few other notable names to hit the waiver wire today along with Repik are Hensick, Sexton and Keith Aucoin. All have been consistent contributors at the AHL level and maybe worth claiming if the Ice Caps roster still needs some filling out.

blues10 09-26-2011 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJG (Post 37124613)
Florida has waived Michal Repik, who might be worth a claim.

He's had a few very good seasons in the AHL and was a solid player in the WHL before that.

How many guys do we already have from the Vancouver Giants? Kane, Mcardle, Machacek. Any more?

WJG 09-26-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blues10 (Post 37138559)
How many guys do we already have from the Vancouver Giants? Kane, Mcardle, Machacek. Any more?

Wow, I didn't even realize we have so many.

Our team is pretty much comprised of Vancouver Giants and Barrie Colts (Little, Burmistrov, Scheifele, Telegin) :laugh:

Wpg Jets 09-27-2011 03:58 PM

Hamil waived!
 
The bruins filled my void while my jets were gone this is a young guy we should be grabbing!
Zach Hamil is a center and young.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.