HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   News Article: Pronger Skates With The Team For First Time (Monday, September 19) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=986781)

MiamiScreamingEagles 09-19-2011 09:54 AM

Pronger Skates With The Team For First Time (Monday, September 19)

He is paired with Lilja.

http://phillysportsdaily.com/flyers/...or-first-time/

Quote:

VOORHEES, N.J. — Chris Pronger had been skating on his own for a couple weeks, but didn’t expect to feel well enough to skate with the team. It was in question whether he’d even be able to start the season on time.

But on Monday morning, Pronger briefly appeared on the ice with his teammates. The Flyers first group traditionally skates for about an hour and a half, between both rinks at the Skate Zone. Pronger’s appearance was roughly half an hour before the team switched sheets of ice.

While this is by no means a guarantee that he will be ready for the regular season, it’s a good sign that he was able to skate in drills with other players.

The captain noted that in his rehab, the first day of skating tends to feel OK, but it’s the subsequent days that tell a better story.

It is highly unlikely that the Flyers will use him in the preseason, unless his appearances become a regular occurrence over a few days.

JagerPuck 09-19-2011 09:57 AM

"Collective sigh of relief"

DrinkFightFlyers 09-19-2011 10:15 AM

Phew.

CptCannon 09-19-2011 10:17 AM

Pronger-Lilja pairing, two speedsters together.

Spongolium* 09-19-2011 10:28 AM

I think he will play on the third pairing in a pre-season game. Logging something silly like 5 minutes just to get used to being on the ice in competitive situations again. Gradually increasing his icetime until the opening game.

Beef Invictus 09-19-2011 10:46 AM

I am pleased.

FreshPerspective 09-19-2011 11:12 AM

I will be pleased if he plays more than 50 games this year. I'm cautiously optimistic and a recent interview with him commenting on his back situation was also cautiously optimistic. He said he has good days and not so good so far and it's hard to say how his back will respond through the season. As Holmgren says

The Proof is in the pudding...

Followed by

It is what it is

I don't know

What are you going to do

Etc...

CTU2fan 09-19-2011 11:19 AM

Honestly, if they could play him on the 3rd pairing and spot him on special teams, and keep his workload down so he's 100% come playoff time I'd be happy. I could care less if I see him in regular season games. This is a playoff team with or without Pronger, but it's only a Cup contender with him.

DUHockey9 09-19-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTU2fan (Post 36833703)
Honestly, if they could play him on the 3rd pairing and spot him on special teams, and keep his workload down so he's 100% come playoff time I'd be happy. I could care less if I see him in regular season games. This is a playoff team with or without Pronger, but it's only a Cup contender with him.

So you do care if he sees regular season games? :sarcasm:

Sorry, pet peeve. I'm an ass.

Mr Oysterhead 09-19-2011 01:13 PM

I bet Prongs ducked out early to grab beers with Timmy!

OriginJM 09-19-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUHockey9 (Post 36835403)

Same here, another that gets me is "irregardless".

Larry44 09-19-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDoom (Post 36833527)
As Holmgren says

Followed by

It is what it is

I don't know

What are you going to do

Etc...

ROTFLMAO. We should get t-shirts....

funghoul 09-19-2011 02:04 PM

Let's get this **** rollin so we can beat Chicago in the finals already

DUHockey9 09-19-2011 02:34 PM

It never bothered me that Homer says "It is what it is", but my boss says it all the time, and THAT bothers me haha.

sa cyred 09-19-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUHockey9 (Post 36835403)

Technically he could have meant to say that, meaning that he just semi-cares alittle less than he would before.

I decided to actually google it. One of the front page links took me to like a 3 page paper on why it is wrong.

Never doing that again :)

FreshPerspective 09-19-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry44 (Post 36838465)
ROTFLMAO. We should get t-shirts....

On the front would be Homer's face (Homer Simpson morphed pic)...with HOMERISMS written under it. Then on the back can go the tag lines with the years they were said. :laugh:

Flyerfan808 09-19-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDoom (Post 36833527)
I will be pleased if he plays more than 50 games this year. I'm cautiously optimistic and a recent interview with him commenting on his back situation was also cautiously optimistic. He said he has good days and not so good so far and it's hard to say how his back will respond through the season. As Holmgren says

Followed by

It is what it is

I don't know

What are you going to do

Etc...

Doctor says I need a Backiotomy

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gquGiXi1RF...rSmokeAlot.jpg