HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   lundqvist (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=986887)

iamthewalrus 09-19-2011 01:22 PM

lundqvist

Will he make the HOF keeping consistent with the rest of his career, granted he does NOT win a single cup?

(very hypothetical however, as i believe we're contenders now, and will be even more so over the next couple seasons)

ChrisKreider20 09-19-2011 01:30 PM

Yes, but I think he needs a few vezinas first.

skroob** 09-19-2011 01:37 PM

if he can put up 400 wins and be somewhere near 2.35-ish career GAA, its a good chance.

Also keep in mind, its the HOCKEY hall of fame, not NHL. His MVP years in sweden and his gold medal will help.

SupersonicMonkey* 09-19-2011 01:41 PM

The Stanley Cup does not determine inductees.

Not winning a popularity contest like the Vezina wont deter his induction, either.

If he deserves it, he will get in.

Swept In Seven 09-19-2011 01:46 PM

I think he gets in cup or no cup

NYR Viper 09-19-2011 01:58 PM

He has a ways to go but he has had a good first half of his career......

Krampus 09-19-2011 03:21 PM

Would be surprised if he doesn't. We shsould, statistically expect at least 300 more wins from him, and LOT of shutouts. Most all time wins in the shootout, and most consecutive 30 win season since the start of his career. Why shouldn't he. Unless of course he gets screwed, like with the Vezina

JimmyStart* 09-19-2011 07:02 PM

If he compiles the stats he has for another 6 or 7 years coupled with the olympic medal and yes.

Drewbackatu* 09-19-2011 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nils2317 (Post 36840997)
Would be surprised if he doesn't. We shsould, statistically expect at least 300 more wins from him, and LOT of shutouts. Most all time wins in the shootout, and most consecutive 30 win season since the start of his career. Why shouldn't he. Unless of course he gets screwed, like with the Vezina

When exactly did Lundqvist get screwed out of the Vezina?

NYRKING30 09-20-2011 12:51 AM

i believe this will be hanks best year yet. the biggest thing im looking from him is trying to eliminate those really soft horrible goals from bad angles.

Krampus 09-20-2011 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewbackatu (Post 36861001)
When exactly did Lundqvist get screwed out of the Vezina?

By the way it works. It sucks that pretty average goalies, with one good season get it, instead of the guy who's had the best numbers over a number of years

SkerZ 09-20-2011 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nils2317 (Post 36863507)
By the way it works. It sucks that pretty average goalies, with one good season get it, instead of the guy who's had the best numbers over a number of years

Agreed it seems as if they go for the flash in the pan. Although its not fair to the more consistent net Minders the award Is for best goalie of that regular season. If an unproven Joe schmoe comes up puts up a crazy year he will win 10/10 times

Ola 09-20-2011 06:07 AM

Natrually hardware's has a big impact, but say that he doesn't get any like Richter, I guess the length of his career would be the deciding factor.

Then, if he could get up there with the top 2-3 all times in terms of wins, lead any euro cathegory, etc, he could still have a shot.

RinkOnEStreet 09-20-2011 06:19 AM

Quote:

It's a trophy to reward one year of great play. Why shouldn't the "average" goalie who has one good season win it?

Jabroni 09-20-2011 06:53 AM

I would say Lundqvist reaches 400 wins and wins a Stanley Cup by the end of his career.

Even without the Stanley Cup, 400 wins and an Olympic Gold is nothing to scoff at either (as stated earlier).

SingnBluesOnBroadway 09-20-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

But the award is not given to the guy who has the best numbers over a course of a number of years....

ReggieDunlop68 09-21-2011 10:15 AM

If the rest of career is similar to how he has played for us, he will definitely get a look for entrance into the HOF; however, he is going to need some more "hardware" on his shelf before he is lock for the HOF. Considering the fact that he has always played for us and we have not been contenders thus far, the HOF committee probably would take not winning a cup into consideration, but he will need to win some other awards to help his cause.

007 09-21-2011 10:53 AM

Naturally, it's a bit early to have this discussion, but right now, I don't think so. He'd be considered by those who vote a lot like Curtis Joseph. We might disagree, but his reputation outside of people who watch the Rangers all the time is of someone who has yet to get it done in the playoffs (regardless of the teams in front of him).

The wild card that he has over other non-Stanley Cup winners is his Olympic Gold medal. That and the fact that those who count might like to see a Swedish goalie make it in. I think that Teemu Selšnne was on the bubble before he won his Stanley Cup, but probably would have been voted in, in part because he's Finnish -- something a bit exotic for the Hall. Now that he's won a Cup, he's a shoo-in, but without it, it would have been more of a discussion point.

As his experience grows, I fully expect Lundqvist to get even better, though. I think it's a matter of when, not if, he puts together a great playoff run. I have every confidence that at some point in the next few seasons, he's going to steal some great playoff games for the Rangers, and that is going to raise his reputation even higher. He has work to do to get in the Hall, but he's well capable of it.

vipernsx 09-21-2011 11:04 AM

WC, Olympic Gold, SC or not, he'll get in, he'll have an illustrious enough career by time he's done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 36909857)
Naturally, it's a bit early to have this discussion, but right now, I don't think so. He'd be considered by those who vote a lot like Curtis Joseph. We might disagree, but his reputation outside of people who watch the Rangers all the time is of someone who has yet to get it done in the playoffs (regardless of the teams in front of him).

The wild card that he has over other non-Stanley Cup winners is his Olympic Gold medal. That and the fact that those who count might like to see a Swedish goalie make it in. I think that Teemu Selšnne was on the bubble before he won his Stanley Cup, but probably would have been voted in, in part because he's Finnish -- something a bit exotic for the Hall. Now that he's won a Cup, he's a shoo-in, but without it, it would have been more of a discussion point.

As his experience grows, I fully expect Lundqvist to get even better, though. I think it's a matter of when, not if, he puts together a great playoff run. I have every confidence that at some point in the next few seasons, he's going to steal some great playoff games for the Rangers, and that is going to raise his reputation even higher. He has work to do to get in the Hall, but he's well capable of it.

Mike Gartner has 708 career goals and IIRC he holds a record for 30+ consecutive goal seasons which is a tremendous feat. Outside of that, he has no major trophies or awards. Selanne was a rookie phenom when he won the Calder and has never looked back winning the Richard a couple of Olympic medals and becoming one of the top all-time NHL scorers. He's already scored more goals than Bobby Hull, Joe Sakic, and Guy Lafluer. He's within reach of Luc Robitaille, Brendan Shanahan, and Jaromire Jagr. SC or not, Teemu is in, hands down.

CHGoalie27 09-21-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68MGQR10 (Post 36864033)
I would say Lundqvist reaches 400 wins and wins a Stanley Cup by the end of his career.

Even without the Stanley Cup, 400 wins and an Olympic Gold is nothing to scoff at either (as stated earlier).

*knock on wood* If he doesn't get hurt, 400 EASY.

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/sports/...-ap-080406.jpg
This is one of my favorite hockey pictures ever.