HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   TSN 30 in 30 New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=987295)

NYRKING30 09-20-2011 01:00 AM

TSN 30 in 30 New York Rangers

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=376093

iamitter 09-20-2011 06:57 AM

Hey, as long as we have T.J. Miller.

Seriously, who does the editing for these stories? :shakehead

BBKers 09-20-2011 07:06 AM

I am just going to say this. The article is an absolute farce when it does not mention Boogaards passing away as a subtraction from the squad. Not that it analytically would manner much hockeywise - but when you mention Brodie Dupont as a subtraction from the team - this is an extremely distasteful piece of writing. Show some respect! Pass:rant::rant::rant:

mti79 09-20-2011 07:40 AM

I like how they mention how awful Sean Avery can be and how that may influence Richards.... Umm, hey idiots, they're friends. I'm thinking they'll be ok with each other in the locker room... Seriously, I just lost some respect for TSN who are usually good for mainstream hockey coverage.

Poozer 09-20-2011 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mti79 (Post 36864483)
I like how they mention how awful Sean Avery can be and how that may influence Richards.... Umm, hey idiots, they're friends. I'm thinking they'll be ok with each other in the locker room... Seriously, I just lost some respect for TSN who are usually good for mainstream hockey coverage.

Yeah I was coming here to say the exact same thing. Also no mention of Boogaard is disrespectful and unfortunate.

Levitate 09-20-2011 07:57 AM

yeah the Avery thing is weird and dumb...he hasn't been a problem with the Rangers and he's friends with Richards and oh no now he's going to destroy the rangers from the inside

SupersonicMonkey* 09-20-2011 08:16 AM

Yeah the Avery thing is ridiculous.

JanErixon20 09-20-2011 08:44 AM

They can dominate the East and even win the division? If they dominate the East they should win the division.

Whoever wrote that is lost.

SauceCheese91 09-20-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanErixon20 (Post 36865567)
They can dominate the East and even win the division? If they dominate the East they should win the division.

Whoever wrote that is lost.

I'd quickly disagree with this comment. I mean you can dominate the East and play some solid hockey but have teams in your division with similar records (Philly, Pitt). Too say this guy is "lost" is a weird way of looking at it.

Also the hate for TSN seems to be pretty heavy here. I'm from Canada and can tell you that TSN is by FAR the best sports network for hockey news across North America. I have never been to New York but whenever I travel across the States I rarely ever see any type of hockey being talked about.

WheresBarnaby 09-20-2011 11:09 AM

Good call sauce cheese while I'm not the biggest fan of TSN at least they talk hockey. Personally I thought it was a good assessment. As for boogy, he'll be missed, but let's face it he really never was a factor due to how little he played, so I'm not suprised there was no mention.

As for Avery he and Richards are supposedly friends so I don't see him being a negative factor any more than usual.

If you guys wanna get angry read some of the horrible posts at the bottom of the article. No grit? Toronto will finish higher? Ok

Levitate 09-20-2011 11:16 AM

Most of the time TSN is alright. Their problem is generally that they don't know the ins and outs of every team quite as well as a dedicated reporter might, so they will say some strange things that don't mesh right with the observations of people who watch the team.

And they tend to know the Canadian teams better

But in general that wasn't a bad review other than the Avery bit. That seemed kinda dumb and unnecessary

BBKers 09-20-2011 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby (Post 36869733)
Good call sauce cheese while I'm not the biggest fan of TSN at least they talk hockey. Personally I thought it was a good assessment. As for boogy, he'll be missed, but let's face it he really never was a factor due to how little he played, so I'm not suprised there was no mention.

As for Avery he and Richards are supposedly friends so I don't see him being a negative factor any more than usual.

If you guys wanna get angry read some of the horrible posts at the bottom of the article. No grit? Toronto will finish higher? Ok

I was not the biggest supporter of Derek Boogaard, his play or his contract.

But mentioning players like Andre Deveaux (22 NHL games - 1 point), Andreas Thureson (25 NHL games - 3 points) as additions and Brodie DuPont ( 1 NHL game played - 0 points) as a loss and not mentioning Derek Boogaard (277 NHL games played, 16 points) as a loss is a plain and very disrespectful travesty when looking at the facts. THN might be a good source of hockey at many times --- this is not one of their premiere moments. :rant::rant::rant:

vipernsx 09-20-2011 04:08 PM

Gotta make it about Avery because they don't know what else to talk about....lame. How about giving props to Brian Boyle and his career year or Brandon Prust, the resigning of Feds and how important the 3 are to the PK? ...lame.