HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   jersey/sock tuck preference (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=987525)

jorbjorb 09-20-2011 12:35 PM

jersey/sock tuck preference

Jerseys.

Mine is full out sometimes i tuck the right side in. But i've been seeing players with their elbow pads showing. how do they do this?

Socks.

I put my shin pads over the tongue and have the socks go over and tucked in the back of the skate.

what's your preference?

Jord

ChiTownHawks 09-20-2011 01:19 PM

Jersey is half tucked with the right side out.

Socks same as OP with shin pads and socks over the tounge.

ReverendAlBundy 09-20-2011 01:20 PM

Jersey untucked, socks come down near the bottom of shin pad but leave about an inch showing, tongues flopping large

Jarick 09-20-2011 02:09 PM

I tuck the right side of my jersey as I'm short. I also pull the sleeves up over my elbow pads. I have JOFAs so they are bigger and hold the sleeves up. Occasionally the refs make me pull them back down.

Socks I have to wear my shins over my tongues so the sock goes over that but I don't cover the back of the skate.

Malreg 09-20-2011 02:18 PM

No jersey tuck for me. Although it always rides up and gets stuck in my pants anyways, and I'm always pulling it out at every whistle...

I used to always put my shin pads over my skate tongue, with the sock covering the back heel of the skate too, but once I bought new skates (Rbk 9k pumps) I wasn't able to anymore. The tongue is way too huge and hard to put my shin pads over it comfortably.

GLG 09-20-2011 02:37 PM

I tuck in my jersey (right side) like GILMOUR

My socks are pulled over the top of my skates/tongue and put one piece of shin pad tape to hold in place ;)

Bryan23 09-20-2011 04:09 PM

I wear my Jersey untucked.

Socks are tucked in. I have the tongue and back of the skate out.

nullterm 09-20-2011 04:39 PM

Jersey not tucked.

Socks and shin pads over tongue, but not the back.

beth 09-21-2011 11:43 AM

Jersey untucked.

Shins under tongues. Socks over tongues, laces, and the back of the skate. I tried skating with the shins over the tongues, but it interferes with bending for me.

cptjeff 09-21-2011 12:02 PM

Jersey untucked, though I do sometimes pull the sleeves up to the elbow pads. BTW, that's done, if you have a jersey with a properly fitting sleeve, just by pulling the sleeve up until the cuff is on the elbow pad. It won't work if your elbow pads are too small or the jersey is too big, and is usually done because it's a little cooler.

I will also tuck on occasion if the jersey is too big, on my shooting side (right).

Shins inside the tongue, so socks inside the skate. Better mobility that way.

Stickmata 09-21-2011 12:33 PM

Shins outside the tongue, socks inside the boot in back.

Jersey, however it happens to fall when I walk out of the locker room.

RAYClovis 09-21-2011 03:28 PM

Jersey untucked, sleeves partially up the elbow pads. Sock and shin under tongue.

Ollie Queen 09-21-2011 11:19 PM

I usually don't tuck my jersey unless it's really big, in which case I'll stuff the right side in just however, to keep it from looking like a dress. I do 'tuck' my jersey into my elbow pads, but that's not actually a tuck, I just pull my sleeves up and it's tight enough with the elbow pads that it stays. I ALWAYS play like this; it's probably mental now, but I just WON'T play with my sleeves down and probably haven't for years.

As far as socks/tongues, I tuck my tongue under my shin pads and I pull my socks down over the shins and the backs of my skates.

noobman 09-22-2011 12:53 AM

If I'm wearing a really bulky jersey, I'll tuck the right side. Most of the time I don't need to, because the majority of my jerseys are the right fit or a little tight.

My socks are tucked at the back but over the skate tongues + laces at the front. I wear my shin guards under my tongues.

Guffaw 09-22-2011 07:22 AM

I never tuck a jersey. I'm not Wayne Gretzky.

Socks. Skate tongues under the shin, socks over that in the front, but tucked in the back.

tench 09-22-2011 09:00 AM

No jersey tuck, do pull the sleeves up though, and socks/shin pads are behind skate tongues. Tried doing it other ways but I like more movement when I'm skating. Sleeves being pulled up? Played with a goalie cut jersey for a while and just got used to it...

Jarick 09-22-2011 09:54 AM

I like the little bit of air flow of sleeves up although at this point it's all mental. Used to be tucking or whatever was something I consciously did but now it's just part of getting dressed.

jacko23 09-22-2011 12:28 PM

Jersey tucked on the right side, shooting side. Sleeves pulled up showing about 3 inches of pad. I have gloves with a small cuff, so more shows. I didnt start out doing that, but as i was always adjusting my new elbow pads at the time it was just one of those things about a year ago. Now i just do it as my "fashion statement". Most guys do the flop, but i tuck my pads over the tongue to help with my mobility, so i gotta do SOMETHING. :-) With all that and my big Malkin lookin visor, i look like a much better sniper than i really am. Haha

Devil Dancer 09-22-2011 12:44 PM

Jersey untucked.

Socks and shin pads over the tongue, but honestly I'm not 100% sure what happens in the back. I've never given it any thought.

ekcut 09-22-2011 02:25 PM

I wear it as it falls...
I leave playing dressup to the kids.

kr580 09-22-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekcut (Post 36959335)
I wear it as it falls...
I leave playing dressup to the kids.

This.

Jersey untucked, but it often ends up tucked on it's own after awhile. Depends on how light the jersey I'm wearing is.
Sleeves all the way down, but again sometimes they hike up on their own.
Socks and shins tucked under skate tongue/tendon guard.

Harv 09-22-2011 10:24 PM

I do the Hossa tuck.

http://media.canada.com/idl/vapr/200...4451-69219.jpg

It's still a tuck, but the ends hang out.

Beville 09-23-2011 03:43 AM

Plus I find bringing the sleeve up to the elbow pads helps a bit if you're in a fight... Personal preference though I suppose...

Never tucked my shirt in though, cos everytime I would the Ref would have a chat about it :(

Socks, Tongue covered by the shinpad and socks, leaving the back of the skate exposed.

SensAreReligion 09-25-2011 11:43 PM

For some odd reason I love jersey tucks.. I don't know why...