HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   would not be surprised if ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=988093)

SgtJoseph 09-21-2011 09:56 AM

would not be surprised if ?

1 .If he can just " finish " a little more consistently on the opportunities he creates, Simmonds is a top 3 pts scorer on our club this season.....He is fast, strong in the corners and makes a lot of good pushes to the net.Liked him in LA and i think he will be nails here in Philly.

2. Will not be surprised if Courts makes the starting roster....After watching him play last night, it became pretty clear he knows what to do with the puck and can finish.2nd and 3rd periods he looked like an NHLer.....Although if he is sent down, i understand the decision.

3. We have no need for Shelly or Nodl.....Will not be surprised if they are axed.

4. will not be surprised if Matt Reid not only makes the Roster, but makes a top 5 showing for the Calder....He is all over the ice and makes things happen...Love his energy.

Codith 09-21-2011 10:02 AM

Nodl and Read will make the team, and probably Rinaldo as well, Couturier will be sent down to the Q, he did play well last night but you can still see that he needs a lot more work on skating and other things.

mirimon 09-21-2011 10:10 AM

If Simmonds is top 3 in pts scoring... I'd be very surprised, or disappointed. Brière, Jagr, Giroux, JvR, Hartnell and Voracek are all players I would expect to have better seasons point-wise. Simmonds is still a very good player to have on the team though, but I don't expect him to see a ton of pp time and he is more suited for a third line role imo.

Also, I'm feeling the need to defend Nödl on here lately, and I don't really like that. He is not my favourite player, but he did have more than 20 pts and 10 goals last season while playing fairly well defensively. Let's see a little bit more of the new kids before we ditch him. I mean, we haven't even seen Nödl yet this year, maybe he has a great game tonight.

VanSciver 09-21-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtJoseph (Post 36908191)
1 .If he can just " finish " a little more consistently on the opportunities he creates, Simmonds is a top 3 pts scorer on our club this season.....He is fast, strong in the corners and makes a lot of good pushes to the net.Liked him in LA and i think he will be nails here in Philly.

2. Will not be surprised if Courts makes the starting roster....After watching him play last night, it became pretty clear he knows what to do with the puck and can finish.2nd and 3rd periods he looked like an NHLer.....Although if he is sent down, i understand the decision.

3. We have no need for Shelly or Nodl.....Will not be surprised if they are axed.

4. will not be surprised if Matt Reid not only makes the Roster, but makes a top 5 showing for the Calder....He is all over the ice and makes things happen...Love his energy.

No chance for Simmonds to be in the top 3 in scoring on the team. Why exactly is there no need for Nodl?

Overstating it on Read. It was a pre season game, against a makeshift lineup.

SgtJoseph 09-21-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirimon (Post 36908593)
If Simmonds is top 3 in pts scoring... I'd be very surprised, or disappointed. Brière, Jagr, Giroux, JvR, Hartnell and Voracek are all players I would expect to have better seasons point-wise. Simmonds is still a very good player to have on the team though, but I don't expect him to see a ton of pp time and he is more suited for a third line role imo.

Also, I'm feeling the need to defend Nödl on here lately, and I don't really like that. He is not my favourite player, but he did have more than 20 pts and 10 goals last season while playing fairly well defensively. Let's see a little bit more of the new kids before we ditch him. I mean, we haven't even seen Nödl yet this year, maybe he has a great game tonight.

I hope Nodl plays well also, i actually like the kid, but i would not be " surprised" if he is moved....Pre season should be very interesting, and i am sure it will be a nail biter for quite a few players.

Snipsnap12 09-22-2011 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanSciver (Post 36908663)
No chance for Simmonds to be in the top 3 in scoring on the team. Why exactly is there no need for Nodl?

Overstating it on Read. It was a pre season game, against a makeshift lineup.

Not by much Matt Read looks very good, if he gets playing time he is a 40 point guy right now imo

flountown 09-22-2011 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtJoseph (Post 36908763)
I hope Nodl plays well also, i actually like the kid, but i would not be " surprised" if he is moved....Pre season should be very interesting, and i am sure it will be a nail biter for quite a few players.

I am a big fan of Nodl as well, but it also seems like he could get bumped off the third line, and with his play, he doesn't belong on a 4th line. He is more valuable in a trade to someone who needs a good third liner than to us as a 4th liner. Just an opinion though.

Haute Couturier 09-22-2011 02:14 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if Holmgren was dropped on his head as a baby.

CS 09-22-2011 02:21 AM

Anyone remember the last time we had too many NHL-ready forward prospects?

mirimon 09-22-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Shafer (Post 36948059)
Anyone remember the last time we had too many NHL-ready forward prospects?

It wasn't on this board, but on another board I used to visit back in 2007 there were a lot of people who thought that guys like Potulny and Ruzicka were way too good to play in the AHL.

Alchemy 09-22-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 (Post 36946945)
Not by much Matt Read looks very good, if he gets playing time he is a 40 point guy right now imo

Ummm No..

Matt Read is just the flavor of the month.

He wont make the team. He will be in the AHL at the start of the season.

DrinkFightFlyers 09-22-2011 05:38 PM

Would not be surprised if Sestito makes the team over Shelley and turns out to be a solid goon with actual hockey ability (though, nothing special, just more than a body on the ice).

VanSciver 09-22-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 (Post 36946945)

Do you think 40 points is going to put him in the running for the Calder? He shows some speed and ability. And I think he could be a decent player in the NHL at some point. But to say he's going to be a top 5 for Calder? Exactly as I said. Overstating it.

DrHamburg 09-22-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers (Post 36967495)
Would not be surprised if Sestito makes the team over Shelley and turns out to be a solid goon with actual hockey ability (though, nothing special, just more than a body on the ice).

I really hope you are right. But i would be shocked if shelley is in the minors. 1.1 million for goons that homer loves, i dont see shelley not on the roster.