HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   GDT: Preds @ Carolina - 6:00 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=989421)

AtlantaWhaler 09-23-2011 09:23 AM

Preds @ Carolina - 6:00

http://1.cdn.nhle.com/predators/images/logos/large.png http://1.cdn.nhle.com/hurricanes/images/logos/large.png

RBC Center - 6:00 PM

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/7605196.jpg

Nashville

Check back for line-up!

Carolina

Poni-Staal-Jokinen
Skinner-Ruutu-Stewart
Boychuk-Brent-Terry
Bowman-Nash-Brett Sutter

Pitkanen-Gleason
Kaberle-McBain
Faulk-Murphy

Ward
Peters

Firestorm 09-23-2011 09:26 AM

Aren't we still doing the whoever set up the last winning GDT makes the new one?

AtlantaWhaler 09-23-2011 09:31 AM

Oh. New guy here. Whatever is fine.

kypredsfan 09-23-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan (Post 36987743)
Aren't we still doing the whoever set up the last winning GDT makes the new one?

Preseason, doesn't matter. :handclap:

PredsChik 09-23-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kypredsfan (Post 36990797)
Preseason, doesn't matter. :handclap:

I agree. Preseason, the game doesn't count so the GDT shouldn't either.

That said, for our newbies an explaination (? not really rules just an explaination)

We're a quirky, superstitious bunch. The rule of thumb is the creator of the GDT stays the same as long as we're winning. 4 game win streak? Same GDT creator for all 4. The game following a loss is up for grabs. Usually someone will call dibs or just make one early in the day. However, there are certain posters who only like to use their mojo for serious losing streak situations.

Also, some GDT's include just a video of a song, some involve just pictures explaining what the game's going to be about, and some are full fleged GDTs with actual line ups and start times and tv info. I personally like to give my titles "editions" but it's your call. Pick a style and run with it as long as we're getting 2 pts!

Go Preds! :)

AtlantaWhaler 09-23-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsChik20 (Post 36992175)

That said, for our newbies an explaination (? not really rules just an explaination)

We're a quirky, superstitious bunch. The rule of thumb is the creator of the GDT stays the same as long as we're winning. 4 game win streak? Same GDT creator for all 4. The game following a loss is up for grabs. Usually someone will call dibs or just make one early in the day. However, there are certain posters who only like to use their mojo for serious losing streak situations.

Also, some GDT's include just a video of a song, some involve just pictures explaining what the game's going to be about, and some are full fleged GDTs with actual line ups and start times and tv info. I personally like to give my titles "editions" but it's your call. Pick a style and run with it as long as we're getting 2 pts!

Gotcha. Thanks for the...er.....Rules :)

Oh, and we were superstitious as well. For a while, we were having to put that flipping monkey gif ("Flippy") in most our posts for some good mojo. I understand.

BigFatCat999 09-23-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Don't forget the alcohol. Alcohol is a must.

Top 6 Spaling 09-23-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 36992401)
Gotcha. Thanks for the...er.....Rules :)

Oh, and we were superstitious as well. For a while, we were having to put that flipping monkey gif ("Flippy") in most our posts for some good mojo. I understand.

If you have any weird traditions, they're welcome here. We need all kinds of luck.

worstfaceoffmanever 09-23-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan (Post 36987743)

No big deal, it's preseason. Not like I'd be here to update the GDT if I did it, anyway.

Tomorrow, though, no work obligations running interference, and I'll finally get to sit down and listen to a game. Ahh...

TootooTrain 09-23-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 (Post 36992985)

:laugh: Good memories on this board.

I hate Carolina, must beat them tonight. If somebody finds a radio stream please share!

BigFatCat999 09-23-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tootoo Train (Post 36993613)

I hate Carolina, must beat them tonight. If somebody finds a radio stream please share!

Alcohol, music, and negative vibes. :laugh:

worstfaceoffmanever 09-23-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

You wouldn't think so, with all the alcohol...

Adz 09-23-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Not a radio stream but the Carolina board posted this:

@JohnForslund Live streaming on CH.com will have me and Tripp on the call as the Canes entertain Nashville tomorrow, 7et

There is also a Listen Live button up on the boxscore panel on the front page. http://hurricanes.nhl.com/

WartracePred 09-23-2011 01:29 PM

No radio or video for tonight. I'm so ready for the season to begin. Can't wait for tomorrow night. Who needs radio or video when you can see it live!!

SavageSteve 09-23-2011 02:10 PM

FYI for the Winnipeg game tomorrow night, @predsradio (AKA Tom Callahan) tweeted me and said something about streaming the Jumbotron feed w/ the radio PBP on the np.com website:
Quote:

@Savage_steve I'm not sure where the web feed will be posted but that's the plan is our PBP plus jumbotron for home games.
I'm hoping the stream on CH.com is the same deal as I asked him to poke around and see yesterday. Maybe he was able to put a bug in someone's ear!!! If there isn't tv coverage, it seems prudent to steam the jumbotron feeds for the fans in pre-season to get us all hot and bothered!!

UPDATE: they have a video stream link in the Canes official message boards that links back to team video!! http://video.hurricanes.nhl.com/videocenter/console

PredsChik 09-23-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 (Post 36992985)

I feel massive shame for not thinking about the alcohol.

Drinking the team to wins while I had a concussion is probably the stupidest thing I've ever done. :badidea:

Adz 09-23-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavageSteve (Post 36996221)
FYI for the Winnipeg game tomorrow night, @predsradio (AKA Tom Callahan) tweeted me and said something about streaming the Jumbotron feed w/ the radio PBP on the np.com website:

I'm hoping the stream on CH.com is the same deal as I asked him to poke around and see yesterday. Maybe he was able to put a bug in someone's ear!!! If there isn't tv coverage, it seems prudent to steam the jumbotron feeds for the fans in pre-season to get us all hot and bothered!!

UPDATE: they have a video stream link in the Canes official message boards that links back to team video!! http://video.hurricanes.nhl.com/videocenter/console

Don't get too excited yet. Apparently the NHL has instituted a new policy where streams only go to people in the team's market area--so we might see it and we might not. Here's what was on a Nashville Predators facebook thingy:

Updated broadcast info: The next preseason game broadcast on 102.5 The Game will be Wed., Sept. 28 vs. Washington. 102.5 The Game will also broadcast the Sat., Oct. 1 preseason game vs. Carolina. Pregame starts at 6 p.m. CT for both games and game times are 7 p.m. CT.
Nashvillepredators.com will stream Saturday's preseason game vs. Winnipeg (7 p.m. CT) and Wednesday's game vs. Washington (7 p.m.). Per NHL regulations, only the states of Tenn., Miss., Ala., Ga., and parts of Kentucky will see the stream.
Locally, there is no radio or web stream for today's game at Carolina.

knives of ice 09-23-2011 03:58 PM

anyone know the preds lineup for tonight?

Preds Partisan 09-23-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adz (Post 36997643)
Don't get too excited yet. Apparently the NHL has instituted a new policy where streams only go to people in the team's market area--so we might see it and we might not. Here's what was on a Nashville Predators facebook thingy:

Do you have any additional info on this new policy? Thanks.

Adz 09-23-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preds Partisan (Post 37000363)
Do you have any additional info on this new policy? Thanks.

Nope, sorry. I just got that from the Nashville Predators update on Facebook and there was a post on the NP boards that said "they're telling us it'll only be available in the Raleigh zip code area. Some new rule the NHL activated last week"

Hope it's not against the HF rules to post that.

Preds Partisan 09-23-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adz (Post 37000717)
Nope, sorry. I just got that from the Nashville Predators update on Facebook and there was a post on the NP boards that said "they're telling us it'll only be available in the Raleigh zip code area. Some new rule the NHL activated last week"

New rules generally aren't "fan friendly", so I was wondering what the deal was.

AtlantaWhaler 09-23-2011 05:02 PM

As far as I know, still no word on our line up.

AdmiralsFan24 09-23-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavageSteve (Post 36996221)

Awesome! Only going to watch the first hour though.

Firestorm 09-23-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adz (Post 37000717)

Wait, how does this affect Game Center?

Gnashville 09-23-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Add to that some posters are NEVER allowed to make GDT Myself included I'm 0-4-1 alltime