HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I miss CKAC!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=990423)

Born in 1909 09-24-2011 04:07 PM

I miss CKAC!!!

What the hell! :rant:

There is a serious chasm on the radio without that station.

I miss listening to Bergeron, Demers, Pednault, Lavoie, Hartley, Fournier and the others while being stuck in traffic in the afternoons and mornings.

I notice that Mike Boone of the Gazette feels the exact same way (... see today's Saturday Gazette)

That station was practically all Habs/ all NHL (especially local boys) all of the time. Total die-hards. It was awesome! :handclap:

Who are the fools who shut that station down? :shakehead

(98.5 FM just ain't the same thing)

F. Duchemin 09-24-2011 04:31 PM

I also badly miss CKAC... I understand now that my days were much funnier with CKAC.

didouche 09-24-2011 05:10 PM

me too... just having the team 990 isn't enough...

zzoo 09-24-2011 05:13 PM

Me toooooooo.
Beside Team 990, is there any other radio channel dedicated to hockey ?

ChoseLa 09-24-2011 05:30 PM

I wouldn't listen to CKAC before les amateurs de sport, but now it starts at 6:30, i don't realy miss any of the bofoons (except for Burns(rip) and Dubé), i miss listening to hockey talk.

merano 09-24-2011 05:30 PM

I also miss CKAC especially Saturday morning w/updates from Martin McGuire from the AM skate, I will not miss JC but the others were an alternative ESP when Marinaro talks Inter Milan!

Player 61 09-24-2011 05:36 PM

Well Team990 does the job well, guess everyone has to buckle up & be bilingual. I've heard 990 take callers en Francais before, they always will, it's Montreal. Maybe some hard-core separatists dislike this, but were Montreal, we have our own way & it works.

Nuff Said!

De Montreal 09-24-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs23 (Post 37044449)
Well Team990 does the job well, guess everyone has to buckle up & be bilingual. I've heard 990 take callers en Francais before, they always will, it's Montreal. Maybe some hard-core separatists dislike this, but were Montreal, we have our own way & it works.

Nuff Said!

This has nothing to do with seperatism. Someone could be a federalist and still be mad there's no more a french radio sports station in MONTRÉAL, a french city that revolves around hockey.

This upset me so much and I dont even live in Montréal.

ChoseLa 09-24-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs23 (Post 37044449)

Nuff Said!

I'm pretty much what one would call a hard-core separatist and it doesn't bother me at all to listen to the team 990, just like posting here in english (poor english but still english). I'd still prefer to have a second station though, secundo: anglophones don't need to be bilingual to listen to it.

Whitesnake 09-24-2011 06:08 PM

I do miss it too...first post using my garmin phone...just wondering how it works. I know I am a dinosaur...

Le Tricolore 09-24-2011 06:16 PM

Wait, CKAC is no more? I only ever listened to it in the car, and only during hockey season.

Redux91 09-24-2011 06:53 PM

yeah, bigtime, it was always ok to resort to it every now and then

even if you dont agree with whats being said or think they are out of their minds, it was fun to at least listen and have an opinion AGAINST it

my father is pissed its gone bigtime

psychonaut 09-24-2011 06:55 PM

I miss it, is 98.5 FM a sports radio?
Even in the summer time the fishing show was good everything else not so much.

Vsevolod Bobrov 09-24-2011 06:59 PM

There's still Villeneuve's show (ugh) and Ron taking calls at evening, right ?

What was lost ? Jean-Charles ? Gabriel crying about violence in the morning ?

If anything, not hearing about the habs 24/7 will be a good thing for some of you guys :)

Sergei Goldenhands 09-24-2011 07:04 PM

I miss listening to ''Les Amateurs de Sports'' every night coming back from school.

Even when I moved to Quebec, I would always listen to it in the car (even if the reception was less than great) and put Illico to the CKAC channel as soon as I got home.

RIP CKAC :(

triplecitizen 09-24-2011 07:07 PM

I'm really angry that it's gone. It was the perfect background noise and had incredibly funny moments from time to time.
Charles-André Marchand's financial segements were really interesting, and I LOVED McGuire's and Pednault's interventions.
Jeremy Filosa was really good, too.

Kimota 09-24-2011 11:18 PM

The worse for me is not having it in the car in the morning or when I come back home after work. It was the greatest thing to listen to during traffic. Now they replaced it by a freakin traffic radio! Can you imagine how dumb it is? They created a radio to help people find themselves in traffic yet those same people don't have anything to prevent going crazy during traffic.

And as far as sports/hockey maniacs you could have sports talk from 6 in the morning to midnight, basically.

TVA Sports could create a radio station. It seems weird Quebecor never dabbled in radio. At least they could have their 5 PM show on radio too.

Gustave 09-25-2011 12:55 AM

I miss the morning show and I really miss the saturday and sunday broadcasts with Marc Bryson.

Price and Starr just rub me the wrong way on the Team's morning show.

Joe Cole 09-26-2011 12:37 PM

As an anglo....I miss it somewhat too.

There was ALOT of stuff I thought was pointless, and just not good... but it was something to change over to when the Team 990 talked soccer, baseball, or football.

They had their faults:
EXTREME narrow focus on the Habs, and almost no focus on the other 29 NHL teams.
Harped on the same topics EVERY day, french players, and Gaby's violence fetish
100% useless and knowledge free JC Lajoie

Even if... I enjoyed listening to them. I know if there was a segment I dd not like, I could turn to Team 990.

They complimented each other.

Complete idiocy to have an All Traffic station....

jo_ab 09-26-2011 02:08 PM

98,5 is just crap... I hate cogeco so much now for closing CKAC for a traffif radio. Why would I care about traffic when I don't even have a car...

Joe Cole 09-26-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jo_ab (Post 37117163)
98,5 is just crap... I hate cogeco so much now for closing CKAC for a traffif radio. Why would I care about traffic when I don't even have a car...

Even if you do have a car, it is useless. They can't give you an altenative route that would work... so...

Just another way to shut people up from the obvious truth... the roadway system is inadequate and the public transport system only serves those who live in the middle of the island and have jobs where you do not need to visit clients/deliver/move around.

Too much traffic going downtown? Only 2 lanes? hmmmmm the solution must be to reduce that to 1 lane, and have an all traffic radio station.

Great idea. :shakehead

neofury* 09-26-2011 02:21 PM

Hasn't cogeco always been a bush league company? I remember back in the day a buddy of mine used to sell people uncaps for their internet service. I don't know how poorly secured their services could be for somebody to be able to uncap anyone's line with ease. This was back when having 300kb/s+ upstream was actually an impressive thing too. Pretty sure they had it capped to that at the source as a fail safe but really this was during the times where 60kb/s upstream was actually considered good and videotron still only gave 15kb/s LOL

JOKER 192 09-26-2011 03:07 PM

As an anglo Bruin fan in Montreal I miss it alot .I loved Langevin in the morning,He was the only one who saw things as they were rather than through a thick pair of homer glasses ,the rest of them I can live without ,just to biased for me,for a Habs fan I guess that works but if you are not it gets anoying after a while.

It is intersting to me ,that any post I've read about the hosts that used to work there,few Habs fans Named Langevin as a Fav.Many on the other hand would name Filosa,Bryson and Rainville,which I happened to think were the worst of them because of the bias.

Team 990 does a horrible job,way to homer way worse than anyone on CKAC and way to much of other sports,to bad though because I like the guys there.

Kimota 09-28-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 37117625)
Hasn't cogeco always been a bush league company? I remember back in the day a buddy of mine used to sell people uncaps for their internet service. I don't know how poorly secured their services could be for somebody to be able to uncap anyone's line with ease. This was back when having 300kb/s+ upstream was actually an impressive thing too. Pretty sure they had it capped to that at the source as a fail safe but really this was during the times where 60kb/s upstream was actually considered good and videotron still only gave 15kb/s LOL

Absolutly. Cogeco has always been run by a bunch of retards. They used to run TQS too and they did nothing with it. Cogeco always leave what they buy into disaray just before quiting on a product.

Max Levine 09-28-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOKER 192 (Post 37119421)
As an anglo Bruin fan in Montreal I miss it alot .I loved Langevin in the morning,He was the only one who saw things as they were rather than through a thick pair of homer glasses ,the rest of them I can live without ,just to biased for me,for a Habs fan I guess that works but if you are not it gets anoying after a while.

It is intersting to me ,that any post I've read about the hosts that used to work there,few Habs fans Named Langevin as a Fav.Many on the other hand would name Filosa,Bryson and Rainville,which I happened to think were the worst of them because of the bias.

Team 990 does a horrible job,way to homer way worse than anyone on CKAC and way to much of other sports,to bad though because I like the guys there.

I agree with you. Langevin can be hard-headed and emotional at times (maybe for show) but he's rational more often than not. I've always enjoyed his take.