HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Speculation: Predict the next cuts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=991331)

DDs not undersized 09-25-2011 11:29 PM

Predict the next cuts
 
I think it's widely expected that there will be major cuts after Monday's game against Boston. Who do you think will be cut? And who will stick? Here's my prediction :

Bold : Stay with the team
Italic : Injured player
Other : Cut

FORWARDS


1-Plekanec
2-Cammalleri
3-Gionta
4-Cole
5-Gomez
6-Kostitsyn
7-Pacioretty
8-Moen
9-Darche
10-Desharnais
11-Eller
12-White

13-Palushaj
14-Engqvist
15-Blunden
16-Gallagher
17-Dumont

Willsie
Leblanc
Bournival
Fortier

Avtsin
Trotter
Archambeault
Berger
Bishop
Massť
DeSimone
Conboy
Nattinen
Schultz
Lefebvre
Winnett

I think Gallagher and Dumont will be sent down before the beginning of the season, unless the injured players are not ready. The real battle here is between Palushaj, Engqvist and Blunden.


DEFENSEMEN


1-Markov
2-Subban
3-Gill
4-Gorges
5-Spacek
6-Weber
7-Yemelin
8-Woywitka
9-Diaz
10-Mitera

Nash
Beaulieu
Henry
Ellis
Tinordi
St-Denis
Stejskal
Dame-Malka
Dehart
Fitzgerald
McFadden

Mitera will probably be sent down before the season and Diaz will stay only as long as Markov is injured. I think Woywitka will start the season in Montreal anyhow.


GOALTENDERS


1-Price
2-Budaj

Lawson
Mayer
Delmas

No debate here... even if I trust Lawson more than Budaj for now!

Coldplay 09-25-2011 11:38 PM

If Willsie isn't cut by tomorrow, I will personally march down to La Gauchietiere and egg Pierre Gauthier's office window. :sarcasm:

Komarov47 09-26-2011 12:45 AM

Is Leblanc played yet? If so how was it?

overlords 09-26-2011 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Big Bear (Post 37106453)
Is Leblanc played yet? If so how was it?

He's still injured. We should be getting to see bournival tomorrow, however.

HabsDood 09-26-2011 05:10 AM

Archambeault... Not gone yet..

Shawn Wilken 09-26-2011 05:28 AM

Didn't Bishop blow out one of his shoulders? If so, add him to the injured lists.

As far as forwards go, I want Massť gone, first and foremost. Willsie and Berger haven't really impressed. DeSimone has been great in the face-off circle but after that, his play drops.

As for defense, please send St-Denis far far away. Haven't seen the last five on the list, so can't really say.

I hope Delmas can get at least part of a game in before he gets cut. It'd be nice if maybe he plays tonight.

Ghetto Sangria 09-26-2011 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion (Post 37108307)
Didn't Bishop blow out one of his shoulders? If so, add him to the injured lists.

As far as forwards go, I want Massť gone, first and foremost. Willsie and Berger haven't really impressed. DeSimone has been great in the face-off circle but after that, his play drops.

As for defense, please send St-Denis far far away. Haven't seen the last five on the list, so can't really say.

I hope Delmas can get at least part of a game in before he gets cut. It'd be nice if maybe he plays tonight.

Berger wasn't bad when he played but he's been injured for most of the pre season, Delmas is injured which is a shame because he should be backing up Lawson... not Mayer

HabbyGilmore 09-26-2011 06:23 AM

as much as I love the kid and am the first to say he is a future powerhouse. After a huge give away for a goal and a couple of time he was out of position on the PP I think Beaulieu will be sent back to the SeaDogs for another year in Junior for him to develope. Can't say that will upset me too much though.. the SeaDogs really need him lol.

Monctonscout 09-26-2011 06:38 AM

After today there are only 2 exhibition games left(right?) so they should cut down to 24-25 players plus a few injured ones(Markov Desharnais Eller etc).

Of the guys on the bubble I have like Blunden more than Engqvist. Dumont has been solid but he isn't ready. Palushaj needs more seasoning and he isn't a 4th liner, he needs to play on an offensive line.

Mike The Wall 09-26-2011 06:45 AM

What is happenening with Joonas Nattinen??? I have not heard anything at all about him in this trainning camp.

Dan K 09-26-2011 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike The Wall (Post 37108687)
What is happenening with Joonas Nattinen??? I have not heard anything at all about him in this trainning camp.

Injured. Couldn't even play the scrimmages way back during rookie camp.

Also, Bournival is rehabbed and expected back tonight.

BaseballCoach 09-26-2011 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Partisan du CH (Post 37104945)
I think it's widely expected that there will be major cuts after Monday's game against Boston. Who do you think will be cut? And who will stick?

By Age in Montreal (28 players less 5 to cut from among * players):

21- *Palushaj
22- Eller, Pacioretty, Subban, Weber
23- *Engqvist, Price, *Trotter, White
24- *Blunden, Desharnais
25- *Diaz, Yemelin
26- Gorges, Kostitsyn
27- *Lawson, *Woywitka
28- *Budaj, Plekanec
29- Cammalleri, Moen
31- Gomez
32- Cole, Gionta, Markov
34- Darche
36- Gill
37- Spacek


By Age to Hamilton/Wheeling (19 players + 5 more from above list)

20- Avtsin, Berger, Dumont, Leblanc, Lefebvre, Nattinen
21- Delmas, Mayer, Schultz
22- Fortier
23- Bishop, Conboy, Massť, Mitera, Stejskal
24- Nash
25- St-Denis
31- Henry
33- Willsie

Those on the above Hamilton/Wheeling list who are injured cannot be announced yet, but it is my prediction that none of those players will stick long-term in Montreal.

DeSimone will probably get an NHL contract; other walkons might get a Hamilton contract at best.

No underage player will stick in Montreal, not Beaulieu, not Ellis, not Gallagher, not Archambault..... though all show promise, especially Beaulieu.

Protest the Hero 09-26-2011 07:27 AM

Can't say I disagree at all with your original list.

#57 09-26-2011 07:28 AM

I agree with the OP except for Mitera. Send him down with the other Hamilton bound players.

Keep everyone else and re-evaluate according to injuries. Markov, Subban, White, Eller, Desharnais could all miss the oppener so Diaz, Yemelin, Wojwitka, Enqgqvist, Blunden, Palushaj will need to be ready.

Cammalleri Plekanec Cole
Pacioretty Gomez Gionta
Kostitsyn Engqvist Palushaj
Moen Darche Blunden

Gill Gorges
Spacek Diaz
Yemelin Weber
+Woywitka

Price/Budaj

We absolutely need Subban back as well as one of the young centers (DD/Eller/White).

PunkinDrublic* 09-26-2011 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #57 (Post 37109023)
I agree with the OP except for Mitera. Send him down with the other Hamilton bound players.

Keep everyone else and re-evaluate according to injuries. Markov, Subban, White, Eller, Desharnais could all miss the oppener so Diaz, Yemelin, Wojwitka, Enqgqvist, Blunden, Palushaj will need to be ready.

Cammalleri Plekanec Cole
Pacioretty Gomez Gionta
Kostitsyn Engqvist Palushaj
Moen Darche Blunden

Gill Gorges
Spacek Diaz
Yemelin Weber
+Woywitka

Price/Budaj

We absolutely need Subban back as well as one of the young centers (DD/Eller/White).

JM has already stated that Subban, Desharnais would be playing if the season were to start. They also stated that Eller would be ready for the opening game.

neofury* 09-26-2011 08:18 AM

You guys think DeSimone should get a 1 year deal from Hamilton?

He seems like he has potential just needs to take the time in the AHL.

Sam I Am 09-26-2011 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 37109615)
You guys think DeSimone should get a 1 year deal from Hamilton?

He seems like he has potential just needs to take the time in the AHL.

Worth a look IMO. Seems poised and creative though somewhat overmatched in the games. Excellent in the face-off circle--a rarity on this roster.

otto bond 09-26-2011 08:43 AM

The way I look at it, Desimone should get a AHL contract and hopefully play with Palushaj. It's worth a try.

Shawn Wilken 09-26-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez (Post 37108337)
Berger wasn't bad when he played but he's been injured for most of the pre season, Delmas is injured which is a shame because he should be backing up Lawson... not Mayer

I think Berger needs some heavy conditioning on his skating. His stride is very weak and he loses steam too quickly. Didn't know that about Delmas, sucks to hear. I hope he gets an AHL contract and plays for Hamilton this up-coming season. He proved his abilities in Wheeling, so we'll see what happens.

417 09-26-2011 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otto bond (Post 37110041)
The way I look at it, Desimone should get a AHL contract and hopefully play with Palushaj. It's worth a try.

No reason why the Habs shouldn't offer DiSemone a contract...I think he's looked fairly good, needs to get stronger but he looks like a pretty decent prospect IMO.

good find by PG

otto bond 09-26-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 417 (Post 37110373)
No reason why the Habs shouldn't offer DiSemone a contract...I think he's looked fairly good, needs to get stronger but he looks like a pretty decent prospect IMO.

good find by PG

Agree and like Palushaj, needs to work on strengthening his body.

wedge 09-26-2011 09:40 AM

I can't wait for the cuts. The habs get destroyed since they have so many young players who'll probably never play in the NHL. anyway... I can't wait for the cuts also because I'm going to the Bulldogs game in Victoriaville on Friday and I'd like to see a few good prospects, like Avtsin.

montreal 09-26-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 37109615)
You guys think DeSimone should get a 1 year deal from Hamilton?

He seems like he has potential just needs to take the time in the AHL.

I would think he'll get a contract. I hope they sign a D as well for depth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion (Post 37108307)
I hope Delmas can get at least part of a game in before he gets cut. It'd be nice if maybe he plays tonight.

Is Delmas still injured? I haven't heard he's healthy but I'm hoping so, as I'd like to see him get the backup job over Mayer.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.