HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The Old Chris Pronger..... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=991801)

BleedOrange 09-26-2011 05:22 PM

The Old Chris Pronger.....
 
I dont know if everyone thinks the same as me but i think with feeling better after his surgeries and being named captain this year i think we are going to see the old pronger as in NASTY .I really haven't seen that edge in him since he came here but i think with being named captain we are going to see a different pronger this coming season not him going to far and putting us on the PK alot but the mean nasty pronger that i was excited about when i heard he was a flyer......:nod:

Haute Couturier 09-26-2011 05:26 PM

Pronger was never as nasty as people believe in terms of hitting. He was credited with a career high in hits during his first year as a Flyer. He never did hit a ton.

BleedOrange 09-26-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libertine (Post 37128251)
Pronger was never as nasty as people believe in terms of hitting. He was credited with a career high in hits during his first year as a Flyer. He never did hit a ton.

This is his team now Im not talking just hits im talking about his all round play i say we see a different pronger this year.......

VanSciver 09-26-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedOrange (Post 37128645)
This is his team now Im not talking just hits im talking about his all round play i say we see a different pronger this year.......


I think we see the same Pronger. One who saves it for the playoffs.

MsWoof 09-26-2011 06:11 PM

He has to keep his emotions in check cause Shanahan is putting his foot down. They also haven't had to suspend a star player yet and will want to make an example of the first star to do anything dumb.

sobrien 09-26-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoof (Post 37130189)
He has to keep his emotions in check cause Shanahan is putting his foot down. They also haven't had to suspend a star player yet and will want to make an example of the first star to do anything dumb.

http://www.nhlwheelofjustice.com/

Make sure you activate "Playoff Mode" as well.

Pronger
+
stomped
+
Sidney Crosby
+
out for season
=
"hockey play" - no suspension :handclap:

1865 09-27-2011 01:23 AM

When exactly are we going to see this Pronger fellow play though??

NewHabsEra* 09-28-2011 08:56 PM

what Is Pronger injury status to right now, ready for the oppener?

Spongolium* 09-29-2011 03:22 AM

He might not be ready for the oppener but the opening game deffo looks like a possibility

phlocky 09-29-2011 05:09 AM

Pronger was already starting to slow down 2 years ago when we aquired him. He was paired with Carle so that Carle could be the one to chase down the puck when the other team dumped it into the Flyers zone and Pronger could set up in front of the net. Pronger will be conserving his energies as much as possible all season long leaning on Carle to do most of the runnning. This isn't a bad thing, just noting that WE won't be seeing the "old Pronger" that was all over the ice. He's older and has to play smarter now and I'm fine with that.


We could just trade Hartnell to the Preds for Suter and then Pronger wouldn't have to do much of anything other than in the ofensive zone. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

mirimon 09-29-2011 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlocky (Post 37233677)
Pronger was already starting to slow down 2 years ago when we aquired him. He was paired with Carle so that Carle could be the one to chase down the puck when the other team dumped it into the Flyers zone and Pronger could set up in front of the net. Pronger will be conserving his energies as much as possible all season long leaning on Carle to do most of the runnning. This isn't a bad thing, just noting that WE won't be seeing the "old Pronger" that was all over the ice. He's older and has to play smarter now and I'm fine with that.


We could just trade Hartnell to the Preds for Suter and then Pronger wouldn't have to do much of anything other than in the ofensive zone. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

I don't know if you are serious, maybe my sarcasm detector needs some fine tuning. I agree that Pronger's days of being "all over the ice" may be behind him, but if we were worried that he was slowing down so badly... I don't think we would have paired him with Carle. He isn't exactly lightning fast out there (it's gotten better though).

Beef Invictus 09-29-2011 08:04 AM

Technically, we see an old Chris Pronger whenever he plays.

Midnight Oil 09-29-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedOrange (Post 37128009)
I dont know if everyone thinks the same as me but i think with feeling better after his surgeries and being named captain this year i think we are going to see the old pronger as in NASTY .I really haven't seen that edge in him since he came here but i think with being named captain we are going to see a different pronger this coming season not him going to far and putting us on the PK alot but the mean nasty pronger that i was excited about when i heard he was a flyer......:nod:

Hopefully because when he is on top of his game he is easily in the top 3 in the NHL for best defenseman, and he plays better with a chip on his shoulder.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.