HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   PGT: Some good flashes yet same end result. We lose (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=991971)

MooseOllini 09-26-2011 09:00 PM

Some good flashes yet same end result. We lose

Gallagher rocks

CuteHockeyBunny 09-26-2011 09:01 PM

Probably the least offensively creative match I've seen the Habs play in the last 5 years. If you told me the Habs players were robots, programmed to only do one set strategy - dump, chase, and grind, I'd believe you.

The Kremelin Wall* 09-26-2011 09:01 PM

Bournival looked good. Send him back to juniors though. Along with everyone else.

AJMHABS 09-26-2011 09:02 PM

Gallagher is going to be a star player for us if he keeps this run up. He is just too good.

MooseOllini 09-26-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuteHockeyBunny (Post 37141579)
Probably the least offensively creative match I've seen the Habs play in the last 5 years.

Without Price this game is outta reach in the first.

De Montreal 09-26-2011 09:02 PM

Can't wait for the real season to start!!!

FrankMTL 09-26-2011 09:02 PM

Well, considering we had 3 NHL forwards playing, what did you expect? Really liked what I saw from Gallagher, Dumont and Bournival though...Desimone had some decent flashes as well.

Erik Estrada 09-26-2011 09:03 PM

My 3 stars among the prospects

1-Gallagher: makes things happen, can't catch a break.
2-Dumont: aggressive, gritty and confident.
3-De Simone: played his best game at both ends of the ice.

Protest the Hero 09-26-2011 09:04 PM

Price is just useless, when is he going to pitch in and score some goals for us!

SB164 09-26-2011 09:04 PM

renhockey Renaud P Lavoie

#canadiens David Desharnais and PK Subban were back on the ice today. I expect Desharnais to play the last 2 preseason game.

waffledave 09-26-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peace (Post 37141599)
It would have been more politically correct to just state : "You have to know that when you buy a pre-season game, you dont expect to have a full lineup, hence the chances you lose are much higher"

But yeah, they shouldnt charge full price I guess, but its the law of the market.

But it was still a good show tonight, much better than the other games

Just want to say...They force you to buy these games. If you buy a 5 or 10 game ticket pack, one of those is a preseason game. You are only getting 4 or 9 actual regular season games.

hogtownhabsfan* 09-26-2011 09:05 PM

Was only able to watch the 3rd, but Tinordi looked good and was getting some icetime. Can't wait until this guy fills out and is one of the meanest SOBs in the league...

AJMHABS 09-26-2011 09:05 PM

Price had a very solid game tonight. He was so calm and poised in the net, and Cammy with another goal, WOW I think he is returning to his goal-scoring form.

Peace 09-26-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 37141817)
Just want to say...They force you to buy these games. If you buy a 5 or 10 game ticket pack, one of those is a preseason game. You are only getting 4 or 9 actual regular season games.

Aww didnt know that. Sucks :(

Forsead 09-26-2011 09:06 PM

Liked Gallagher, Tinordi, Dumont and Bournival tonight !

I think Dumont will be keep in the lineup for the start of the season with injuries.

They will sign Desimone IMO.

Am I the only one that like this Berger signing ? look really willing to go in front of the net, plus he has a good shot.

You can say what do you want but tonight the effort was there.

Mathradio 09-26-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankMTL (Post 37141727)
Well, considering we had 3 NHL forwards playing, what did you expect? Really liked what I saw from Gallagher, Dumont and Bournival though...Desimone had some decent flashes as well.

How many more NHL forwards were in the Bs lineup?

PricePkPatch 09-26-2011 09:08 PM

[Plekamaniac]
We lost!!

Clearly it must mean Markov is seriously injured and will probably miss the whole season, wasting our money and hitting out cap!

[/Plekamaniac]

KnightofBoston 09-26-2011 09:09 PM

Price is really good. I hope he gets Vezina recognition this year if he plays at or above the level he did last year

better than that joke in Vancouver.

Forsead 09-26-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathradio (Post 37142031)
How many more NHL forwards were in the Bs lineup?

5 more NHL forwards, I think that's a good difference...

Captain Saku 09-26-2011 09:11 PM

I'd keep Dumont over Enqvist at this point as the 13th forward.

DeSimone deserves a contract and Bournival played a very good game, he should have a great season in junior.

Gallagher with another very good game, I'd say there's a 50-50 chance he stays with the club.

SB164 09-26-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightofBoston (Post 37142081)
Price is really good. I hope he gets Vezina recognition this year if he plays at or above the level he did last year

better than that joke in Vancouver.

Hey come on man, I'm a big fan of Luongo...in EA's NHL 12.

SouthernHab 09-26-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankMTL (Post 37141727)

Goals from Tyler Seguin and Chris Clark. Assists from Caron, Bartkowski, Sauve and Kampfer.

Bruins D included Ference, Seidenberg, Boychuck, Kampfer, Bartkowski and Cohen.

The Boston AHLers dominated our AHLers on hits, jump, speed, passing and positioning. We were outplayed in all aspects of the game.

Again, this team looked unprepared. Yes, it is PRESEASON but one would imagine that we would have a game plan that is not one dimensional and at least have the team playing with some inspiration. Flat all game long.

Are you ready for a full season of the Martin motivation and system?:facepalm:

HTTP 400 09-26-2011 09:12 PM

Looks to me that Habs are playing more preseason games just to generate more money for the owners. It's not about getting ready for the season.

Seriously, there is no point in playing these games at this point with players who have no chance to make the team.

Habs staff have already evaluated all the players, and it's pretty clear what the roster will look like on opening night (even with all the injuries).

5 games overall would be enough. 3 games to evaluate some kids, then 2 games with the real team. Then, start the season.

But the Bell Center is full, and RDS is even paying to show the game to thousands who are watching on TV... who's to blame? But I'm convinced it doesn't help the team.

habsrule22 09-26-2011 09:14 PM

What is encouraging is that Patch, Cole, Cammy have all looked pretty good. Can't wait to see the full line up together

nyhabsfan 09-26-2011 09:15 PM

okay JM, Phase 2 OVER.... Elvaluations COMPLETE.

Make the cuts, hand them over to Jordin and LETS GET SERIOUS ABOUT THE SEASON!!!

Last two pre-season games are far apart, ice your lineup with Gallager and with Campoli and Yemelin in the lineup. You might keep Bournival for one more pre-season game.

Where the heck is Ryan White!

#13 -- #14 --- #72
#67 --# 11---- #21
#46 --# 51 --- #73
#32 --# ?? ---#49

#76 --#74
#26--#75
#6--- Campoli
Weber

LETS GET GOING !!!!!!!:nod: