HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Avery an embarrassment to the team (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=992199)

FACEMAN 09-27-2011 09:10 AM

Avery an embarrassment to the team

I'm so done with the Avery show. Last night was the final straw. My big issue last night is that Sean needs to shut his mouth if he's not going to back it up. He was running his mouth all night at Simmonds, sucker punched Simmonds in the pile while the guy was defenseless. Then when challenged to go he declined. Of course Joe and Sam sugar coated it by saying he goaded Simmonds into 2 mins. BS he chickened out, its a preseason game if you have a beef that was the time to settle it, the game is meaningless as far as the score board.

Then of course I read all the crying he did post game about name calling and I can't help but laugh because of his history of taunting with nothing that is off limits, oh wait apparently there is now.

I haven't even gotten to his non effective, 3 times a game off sides, light checking diminishing play.

rholt168 09-27-2011 09:13 AM

He drew what, two penalties? I say he was effective.

LotsOfHags 09-27-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FACEMAN (Post 37153895)
I'm so done with the Avery show. Last night was the final straw. My big issue last night is that Sean needs to shut his mouth if he's not going to back it up. He was running his mouth all night at Simmonds, sucker punched Simmonds in the pile while the guy was defenseless. Then when challenged to go he declined. Of course Joe and Sam sugar coated it by saying he goaded Simmonds into 2 mins. BS he chickened out, its a preseason game if you have a beef that was the time to settle it, the game is meaningless as far as the score board.

Then of course I read all the crying he did post game about name calling and I can't help but laugh because of his history of taunting with nothing that is off limits, oh wait apparently there is now.

I haven't even gotten to his non effective, 3 times a game off sides, light checking diminishing play.

I thought Avery played well. You wouldn't do anything if someone was making stupid remarks about you? A lot of Avery hate lately but every time im at the Garden, everyone seems to be cheering for the guy, smh.

Machinehead 09-27-2011 09:14 AM

Well being an ass is Avery's job. If you don't like that, you don't have to, but that's what he's here to do.

nyrleetch 09-27-2011 09:14 AM

Huh? Last night was one of his most effective games in recent memory.
Also the media asked him if Simmonds said the word. He didn't go crying to them.

OverTheCap 09-27-2011 09:15 AM

Everyone whines about how Avery is no longer effective, and then when he does a good job agitating and looks like his old self, he's an embarrassment.

Can't have it both ways.

BlueshirtBlitz 09-27-2011 09:16 AM

So Avery's an embarrassment because he did what he's supposed to do and then got called a ******. I see, gotcha.

Melrose_Jr. 09-27-2011 09:17 AM

Fans are entitled to their opinions on Avery. If you have something to add to the debate, great. If you just want to make a stupid comment that adds nothing to the conversation, please save us the trouble of having to delete it.

Net Front Presence 09-27-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverTheCap (Post 37154031)
Everyone whines about how Avery is no longer effective, and then when he does a good job agitating and looks like his old self, he's an embarrassment.

Can't have it both ways.

This x10000

Avery was back to his old self last night. He did a damn good job too.

thesnake 09-27-2011 09:18 AM

Here is a post that I can say I 100% disagree with every single point.

Good for him drawing the penalty. Why fight with that guy if he can put the team up a man.

Last night was his most effective game of a pretty good preseason for him. That first goal was his hard work paying off, even tho he didnt register a point.

And he was hardly crying about the name calling. It was caught on camera, he was asked, and he responded. Was he supposed to lie about it?

Avery316 09-27-2011 09:19 AM

To me he looks like the Avery of old which is what people on this board claim he cannot do anymore......so im happy.

FACEMAN 09-27-2011 09:19 AM

He's an embarrassment because he picks and chooses who he goes with. When Simmonds is at the bottom of a pile he will throw a sucker punch. When Simmonds is squared up and ready to go Sean runs and hides. In a big regular season game that the NYR need to win I would say great job to get the PP. In a preseason game where your running your mouth and you decline I say you are a gutless punk. FYI Simmonds would have wiped the ice with him, that's why he declined.

NYR Viper 09-27-2011 09:22 AM

He still shouldn't be on the team. I wasn't a fan of what he did last night and to me it's a side-show that is not needed.

nyrleetch 09-27-2011 09:22 AM

Wait so Simmonds would've pounded Avery but yet Avery is punk for not wanting to get crushed in a fight?

Giacomin 09-27-2011 09:22 AM

I just said a few days ago that I think Avery score a big goal for the Rangers when they need it this year! He played a decent game last night and will be needed, give him a break already.

Net Front Presence 09-27-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FACEMAN (Post 37154129)
He's an embarrassment because he picks and chooses who he goes with. When Simmonds is at the bottom of a pile he will through a sucker punch. When Simmonds is squared up and ready to go Sean runs and hides. In a big regular season game that the NYR need to win I would say great job to get the PP. In a preseason game where your running your mouth and you decline I say you are a gutless punk. FYI Simmonds would have wiped the ice with him, that's why he declined.

So he's supposed to change the way he plays because it's pre-season? It's Avery. This is how he plays - stop whining and get over it.

NYR Viper 09-27-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrleetch (Post 37154203)
Wait so Simmonds would've pounded Avery but yet Avery is punk for not wanting to get crushed in a fight?

Then why is he throwing punches at him when he is down in a pile? If Matt Cooke was doing that to Dubinsky you would be okay with it? Kaleta?

FACEMAN 09-27-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrleetch (Post 37154203)

See above: sucker punch, talking and not backing it up when challenged. Same old Sean, when some one tougher challenges him he runs.

nyrleetch 09-27-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 (Post 37154277)
Then why is he throwing punches at him when he is down in a pile? If Matt Cooke was doing that to Dubinsky you would be okay with it? Kaleta?

Who isnt throwing punches in the bottom of the pile. Avery knows what he is doing and drew a penalty out of it. The people here who don't like Avery rip him for even when he helps the team.

NYR Viper 09-27-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FACEMAN (Post 37154287)
See above: sucker punch, talking and not backing it up when challenged. Same old Sean, when some one tougher challenges him he runs.

And I think that's the part that really bothers me because he has gone with the likes of Chris Neil and Matt Cooke and Ryan Malone and David Clarkson. To me if he would do that more often and actually back it up he would be a more effective player. But when he has his little "side-show" is when it's okay for a game, and then he crosses the line and becomes a detriment to the team.

NYR Viper 09-27-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrleetch (Post 37154357)
Who isnt throwing punches in the bottom of the pile. Avery knows what he is doing and drew a penalty out of it. The people here who don't like Avery rip him for even when he helps the team.

He wasn't in the pile. Simmonds was down on the ice in the pile and Avery was throwing punches outside of the pile while on his skates. See the above as a response to this post.

MorrisWanchuk 09-27-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FACEMAN (Post 37154129)
He's an embarrassment because he picks and chooses who he goes with. When Simmonds is at the bottom of a pile he will throw a sucker punch. When Simmonds is squared up and ready to go Sean runs and hides. In a big regular season game that the NYR need to win I would say great job to get the PP. In a preseason game where your running your mouth and you decline I say you are a gutless punk. FYI Simmonds would have wiped the ice with him, that's why he declined.

everyone picks and chooses who they go with.

nyrleetch 09-27-2011 09:35 AM

Avery was defending his team. This was right after Sesito delievered a game misconduct. If Avery was to drop his gloves first with Simmonds and throw a punch you would call him delivering a cheap shot. Avery picks his battles he knows when to fight. He would rather get a two minute powerplay then fight someone four inches taller.

FACEMAN 09-27-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk (Post 37154473)
everyone picks and chooses who they go with.

then don't run your mouth at said person from the bench. he needs to put up or shut up.

nyrleetch 09-27-2011 09:39 AM

He's running his mouth to get the other guy to do something stupid. Which he got. He isn't saying let's fight over and over again.