HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: DeSimone, Dame-Malka get one-year two-way AHL/ECHL contracts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=992219)

j2c 09-27-2011 09:39 AM

DeSimone, Dame-Malka get one-year two-way AHL/ECHL contracts

As per his agents twitter Desimone earned an NHL contract from the Habs.

aschall21 Alec Schall
Extremely happy that @DesyStorm earned a contract with the Montreal organization. A huge accomplishment.

https://twitter.com/#!/aschall21

Freaky Habs Fan 09-27-2011 09:40 AM

He was pretty good yesterday from what I've seen. He's way ahead of guys like Lefevbre and Massť so he deserves a contract.

j2c 09-27-2011 09:41 AM

I agree I think he will be good for Hamilton and possibly develop into a good player for Montreal in the future.

JHabs 09-27-2011 09:45 AM

fantastic, I really liked what I saw from him at camp, good for DeSimone!

Le Tricolore 09-27-2011 09:46 AM

Good for him. Always nice to have some depth.

montreal 09-27-2011 09:48 AM

Nice if true, thought he would get an AHL contract as this puts us at 49 contracts now.

Aeneas 09-27-2011 09:48 AM

look forward to seeing him in hamilton !

Blind Gardien 09-27-2011 09:49 AM

He seems to be ok. I would have offered him the AHL deal, though, not an ELC. :dunno:

j2c 09-27-2011 09:51 AM

Seems now it is an AHL contract:

renhockey Renaud P Lavoie
#bulldogs Philip DeSimone 1 year / 2 way (AHL + East coast league)

Sam I Am 09-27-2011 09:52 AM

Phillip DeSimone gets a one-year two-way contract.

Phillip DeSimone gets a one-year two-way contract. Well-earned if you ask me.

link

pine 09-27-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien (Post 37154879)
He seems to be ok. I would have offered him the AHL deal, though, not an ELC. :dunno:

That's what he got, one year contract, same one that DD got when he first played for Hamilton.

Ketzlaf 09-27-2011 09:54 AM

Good for him. I wish him a good season in Hamilton and a strong camp next year!

Monctonscout 09-27-2011 09:55 AM

He definitely had some good moments in preseason. Looks like a guy with NHL potential.

Stjonnypopo 09-27-2011 10:12 AM

I bet MaxPac is happy! These guys are apparently best buddies, so it's fun to get a shot to play together.

Now he should work his ass off in Hamilton and maybe next year or the year after he'll get a look.

neofury* 09-27-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo (Post 37155439)
I bet MaxPac is happy! These guys are apparently best buddies, so it's fun to get a shot to play together.

Now he should work his ass off in Hamilton and maybe next year or the year after he'll get a look.

Yeah him, Palushaj and MaxPac are all friends.

I think management is smart for going after players outside the draft who have potential. We've been seeing it more and more recently. It's never a bad thing to give somebody a try out. If they fail they fail, if they succeed you get some free depth out of it. The guy is clearly AHL material with an outside chance of one day maybe even becoming a 3rd line C in the NHL.

Here's to hoping the guy develops nicely in Hamilton!

Bullsmith 09-27-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan (Post 37154657)
He was pretty good yesterday from what I've seen. He's way ahead of guys like Lefevbre and Massť so he deserves a contract.

Agreed. Lefevbre showed some good instincts, but didn't have the speed or strength to make the impact he could've. DeSimone earned himself a shot to make the Dogs. I think he could well make the A, and hope he has a great year for them. If not, well the ECHL didn't do Ryder or Desharnais any harm.

RoyBoyCoy 09-27-2011 10:50 AM

Great! I like that we kept him around, should be good for the Dogs.

What do we have going on for centres on the farm? Trotter, DeSimone, Dumont, Fortier, Nattinen (RW?) and Engqvist?

Habs 4 Life 09-27-2011 10:51 AM

Good for him, he worked hard during pre season and deserved this contract. Brings lots of energy to the team with his style of play

ECWHSWI 09-27-2011 10:53 AM

well done kid, well done.

Jmac1160* 09-27-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan (Post 37154657)

I think I was ahead of Lefevbre and Masse just by sitting on my couch watching the game. Great signing:handclap:

Crimson Skorpion 09-27-2011 11:18 AM

Awesome, awesome news! So happy for DeSimone.

He proved himself as far as I'm concerned. Showed he could be strong on the puck, win face-offs and make smart plays too. Good luck in Hamilton, @DesyStorm!

Whitesnake 09-27-2011 11:25 AM

As you already know, I'm quite happy. Not a Habs contract, but it doesn't matter. He will earned that once they see what he can bring during the year. Good job kid. You totally deserve it.

THAT'S the kind of invitations you have to send. And with the time we spend in the US, the Habs HAVE to be on top of the NCAA players that could help even if it's just their farm team. Now.......Habs have to concentrate in getting some future to be free NCAA goalies for the future. We dropped one in Thiessen, let's wait to see Dell's season with ND, but they better be all over him if he does great once again.

Good job Habs. Good job DeSimone.

Fozz 09-27-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmac1160 (Post 37157177)
I think I was ahead of Lefevbre and Masse just by sitting on my couch watching the game. Great signing:handclap:

Easily ahead of Lefevbre and Masse.

JHabs 09-27-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 37157827)
As you already know, I'm quite happy. Not a Habs contract, but it doesn't matter. He will earned that once they see what he can bring during the year. Good job kid. You totally deserve it.

THAT'S the kind of invitations you have to send. And with the time we spend in the US, the Habs HAVE to be on top of the NCAA players that could help even if it's just their farm team. Now.......Habs have to concentrate in getting some future to be free NCAA goalies for the future. We dropped one in Thiessen, let's wait to see Dell's season with ND, but they better be all over him if he does great once again.

Good job Habs. Good job DeSimone.

I liked what I saw, but you seem to know more about him then I do, could he be an NHLer? Is he top 6 material? or 3rd-4th liner? In any case he came free, even if hes just a great AHLer its a good move.

Whitesnake 09-27-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yarfangor (Post 37158109)
I liked what I saw, but you seem to know more about him then I do, could he be an NHLer? Is he top 6 material? or 3rd-4th liner? In any case he came free, even if hes just a great AHLer its a good move.

Not going to be a top 6 but a serious candidate for bottom 6 with great faceoffs skills, great balanced skating. At worst, he will be a very valuable AHL'er. Nothing against that. I'd like him to be stronger in his upper body and to get use in taking better decisions at hight speed but it might come with time. Clearly deserved a shot, and he got one. What he does with it it's his choice.