HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   News Article: Flyers down 3 players in camp's final week (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=992397)

BleedOrange 09-27-2011 03:41 PM

Flyers down 3 players in camp's final week

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/flyers...310&feedID=695

Quote:

The worst thing that can happen to a hockey team is to sail through training camp unscathed, then come down to the final week and get crushed by injuries and suspensions.

That’s what happened to the Flyers, who are now without three players in the final week of camp.
Brayden Schenn, who has an upper body injury, is now joined by James van Riemsdyk and Andreas Nodl, both of whom have lower body injuries.

None of the three is expected to play in Thursday’s home exhibition game against New Jersey. Nodl is possible for Thursday, general manager Paul Holmgren said.

Beef Invictus 09-27-2011 03:44 PM

JVR?

Greatttt.

sobrien 09-27-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 37165203)
JVR?

Greatttt.

Bust.

BleedOrange 09-27-2011 03:48 PM

BroadStBull Sam Carchidi
JVR probably will miss the final 2 exhib games with lower-body injury, then play in Oct. 6 opener in Boston, Homer says. #Flyers
1 hour ago

sa cyred 09-27-2011 06:03 PM

It will be interesting if it takes longer. I can see it happening.

Here was what was at practice today:

Voracek-Giroux-Jagr
Read-Briere-Simmonds
Talbot-Couturier-Hartnell
Harry Z-Betts-Rinaldo

Lossing JVR would be a huge blow to the offense though. Nodl not so much and Schenn could probably be replaced by Couturier (at the moment). They have looked about even during preseason. This is probablly why Homer has said he wont make a decision about keeping or sending Couturier down. Depends on JVR, Nodl, and Schenn.

That 3rd line does make me cringe though.

Beef Invictus 09-27-2011 06:07 PM

I don't care if he misses a couple regular season games. Just get it taken care of the right way.

Hockeypete49 09-27-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 37170085)
I don't care if he misses a couple regular season games. Just get it taken care of the right way.

No, this isn't about Homer. This is when people are supposed to rip into JVR for not playing through it, or rip into him for not being a superstar if he does play through it. It's right in the script man, you gotta shape up.

Well stated on both points.

SeanVT395 09-27-2011 06:45 PM

Fail for Nail. Whose with me? :sarcasm:

Giroux tha Damaja 09-27-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa cyred (Post 37169965)

Here was what was at practice today:

Voracek-Giroux-Jagr
Read-Briere-Simmonds
Talbot-Couturier-Hartnell
Harry Z-Betts-Rinaldo

That 3rd line does make me cringe though.

How about:

Voracek-Giroux-Jagr
Hartnell-Briere-Simmonds
Couturier-Talbot-Wellwood
Harry Z-Betts-Read

?

That's survivable, if need be.

sa cyred 09-27-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja (Post 37171647)
How about:

Voracek-Giroux-Jagr
Hartnell-Briere-Simmonds
Harry Z-Betts-Read

?

I can't see Read playing on the 4th line at all, and I think they see Couturier as a center (reason he was playing 4th line center last night).

MiamiScreamingEagles 09-28-2011 01:16 AM

From a radio interview on WIP a few minutes ago with Sam C. at the Inquirer:
  • SCHENN (upper body) will not play Thursday but a chance he could play Saturday.
  • JVR (lower body) will be out the remaining two pre-season games -- more so as precautionary.
  • NODL (lower body) will be out Thursday but likely return Saturday.
  • HARTNELL got good news and will probably play both preseason games.

dats81 09-28-2011 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja (Post 37171647)
How about:

Voracek-Giroux-Jagr
Hartnell-Briere-Simmonds
Harry Z-Betts-Read

?

I don't see why the would play Wellwood on that third line over Read.

Obviously, he has not been cut for no reason - he is kind of small and has been constantly outplayed by Read, Couturier, or even Harry Z. in the preseason.
That's what training camp is used for. I'm sure that none of the Flyers staff gives a ***** about the 3 NHL games Wellwood has played in a past season with a different roster situation (weaker prospect pool)...same for Jon Kalinski.

If he can't earn it, he won't play!

Spongolium* 09-28-2011 04:47 AM

Calm down guys. It's all precautionary. I know holmgren is terrible for letting us know the extent of the injuries, but Schenn is looking at returning saturday.

As for JVR, He will be there on opening night, I have no doubts about that.

JagerPuck 09-28-2011 07:41 AM

With those two guys out for the last two games we will get to see more of Matt Read and Sean Couturier.
And Jagr!

Giroux tha Damaja 09-28-2011 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dats81 (Post 37191543)
I don't see why the would play Wellwood on that third line over Read.

Obviously, he has not been cut for no reason - he is kind of small and has been constantly outplayed by Read, Couturier, or even Harry Z. in the preseason.
That's what training camp is used for. I'm sure that none of the Flyers staff gives a ***** about the 3 NHL games Wellwood has played in a past season with a different roster situation (weaker prospect pool)...same for Jon Kalinski.

If he can't earn it, he won't play!

Haven't had the chance to watch much of the preseason between work and school. I didn't realize he had been thoroughly outplayed. I was always a impressed with his skating and effort last year. I guess read is just a bigger version of him from the sounds of it?

Spongolium* 09-28-2011 08:39 AM

I would rather they leave Read out of the team now. cut down on the games he will play early.