HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Injury Report: Peter Regin (season ending shoulder surgery) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=992931)

SENSational Sens Fan 09-28-2011 11:29 AM

Peter Regin (season ending shoulder surgery)

Didn't see a thread for this so I guess I'll make one.

What we know is that he suffered an injury last night on the same shoulder that was surgically repaired this offseason and that it didn't look good. :(

derriko 09-28-2011 11:40 AM

I have a feeling it's bad considering it's the same shoulder. This was his chance to prove last year was just a sophomore slump, but if he's out significant time Da Costa or z-bad might run away with the job and never look back..

Also why has the diagnosis not been released yet? Isnt it usually released in the morning

derriko 09-28-2011 11:43 AM

Double post - sorry

Uncle Eugene 09-28-2011 11:46 AM

he died.

Jason Squirtle 09-28-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Faith (Post 37199539)
he died.

OMG!!! Seriously??? I didn't know shoulder injuries were fatal!:shakehead

FolignoQuantumLeap 09-28-2011 11:52 AM

The Sens have a 4:00pm MRI slot booked every single day for these cases, so obviously they won't know till after that. It'll be sometime this evening when Dr. Chow and Radiologists get a chance to look at the images (and they are read STAT).

JonnyMacSen 09-28-2011 12:01 PM

Any video of this hit? I must of missed it during the game, infact I barely even remember Regin on the ice that game, I assume it happened early in the 1st?

SenzZen 09-28-2011 12:03 PM

On a related note...

Welcome back, Dr. Chow!

SNAPshot 09-28-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SenzZen (Post 37200105)
On a related note...

Welcome back, Dr. Chow!

:handclap:

That was my thought too!

kginOTT 09-28-2011 01:01 PM

ian_mendes

Peter Regin: Listed as day-to-day by team with his injury. But Regin needs to undergo further tests. Opening night in DET in question.

koreaboy 09-28-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

he died.

trade 'im.

Shanny 09-28-2011 01:04 PM

So I assume doc chow's fully recovered from his motorcycle accident then ? :)

Lehner 09-28-2011 01:05 PM

Thats too bad, he was looking stronger this year. This will hurt the team.

SENSational Sens Fan 09-28-2011 01:22 PM

#Sens head coach Paul MacLean is "optimistic" Peter Regin could be available for Oct. 7 season opener.
Twitter for BlackBerry® • 11-09-28 2:01 PM

Caje 09-28-2011 01:46 PM

So he'll be fine. Everyone can stop penciling Zibanejad in Regin's 2nd line centre position.

GoSensGo765 09-28-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctorDre (Post 37203745)
So he'll be fine. Everyone can stop penciling Zibanejad in Regin's 2nd line centre position.

How bout no? How bout we pencil in the better player to the second line position. The player that can contribute more to the team.

Unless Regin suddenly turns it on, it's Zibanejad's spot to lose. Regin has earned nothing.

EastCoastSensFan 09-28-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spezza19 (Post 37204071)
How bout no? How bout we pencil in the better player to the second line position. The player that can contribute more to the team.

Unless Regin suddenly turns it on, it's Zibanejad's spot to lose. Regin has earned nothing.

while i agree with zbad having a better camp he has also played more and with better players then regin has. In the first 2 games of the camp regin was going really good imo. he hasnt really played at all since then.

But regin can play wing so it doesnt really matter for him as much.

FlapjackSilver 09-28-2011 02:16 PM

I more or less agree with Spez on this one. While, I wouldn't say it's "MZ's spot to lose", hes arguably shown more than Regin has so far this year (while that isn't saying too much, simply because it's still so early). I had noticed Regin in the first couple games, he had some nices moves, and some drive to the net, but overall he's just waaay too soft for a dude with his frame. I'd rather give the playing time to MZ, as long as it doesn't hurt his development. And I truly think with the way MZ plays the game, it would be much more beneficial for him to get time here, then back in Sweden.

aragorn 09-28-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlapjackSilver (Post 37204883)
I more or less agree with Spez on this one. While, I wouldn't say it's "MZ's spot to lose", hes arguably shown more than Regin has so far this year (while that isn't saying too much, simply because it's still so early). I had noticed Regin in the first couple games, he had some nices moves, and some drive to the net, but overall he's just waaay too soft for a dude with his frame. I'd rather give the playing time to MZ, as long as it doesn't hurt his development. And I truly think with the way MZ plays the game, it would be much more beneficial for him to get time here, then back in Sweden.

While I`m not a fan of having too many guys on the roster & guys sitting a lot of games in the press box as Lee did last season I`m with you on this. First, Zibane has good size & bulk to his frame more so then either Regin or Da Costa, he`s a big body who can skate, score & hit which I like & he can also play wing. He plays a very good defensive game & so far seems to be at the right place at the right time & he is able to finish plays with a goal, something Filatov has had problems with during the pre-season. Ottawa can afford to keep him so IMO they should & Murray should look to start moving the players they can do without.

Do Make Say Think 09-28-2011 03:26 PM

Oh man I was really bummed Regin got hurt, but fro the sounds of it it isn't too bad.
I'd say let him rest and make sure he's ready to go before putting him back in the line up.

Senacus Maximus 09-28-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

he died.

I feel kind of bad for laughing at this, it's all in the execution. Get it?!

Anyway, day to day sounds good to me, hopefully he isn't out too long.

Swedish Mafia 09-28-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SenacusMaximus (Post 37208703)
I feel kind of bad for laughing at this, it's all in the execution. Get it?!

Anyway, day to day sounds good to me, hopefully he isn't out too long.

Well played sir, well played

Robin Hood 10-01-2011 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spezza19 (Post 37204071)

Regin did have points in all three pre-season matches he played, and if you go back and read the GDT's he was regarded by many in here as one of the very best players in at least the two first. Regin will be on the team, the question is where. But it's not like the lines are set in stone anyway. They will be changed a million times during the season.

pepty 10-01-2011 05:35 AM

Regin played very well and Maclean seems very pleased with him.
But I wonder if he won't be moved to wing.

With Alfie/Zibby looking good together and Spezza having probloms finding chemistry with anyone so far, maybe he will be put on Spezzas wing. Tha's where here he was in the playoffs 2 years ago when he had such a stellar turn.

Philadelphia Collins 10-01-2011 08:46 AM

I'm starting to wonder how close Regin is to his ceiling. Cause its sure not as high as Zibanejad's, and the 3rd line C is Smith's to lose right now