HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Thinking about coming up for the game on Saturday (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=993517)

KevFist 09-29-2011 09:28 AM

Thinking about coming up for the game on Saturday
 
Instead of watching my Auburn Tigers get slaughtered by South Carolina, I'm thinking about riding up for the Preds/Canes game so i can harass former divisional rivals. I'm looking at tickets on TicketExchange and wondering people's thoughts about the 200 level seating at Bridgestone. I also found some front row upper deck seats for a good price.

Also...Anyone up for some pregaming?

PredsV82 09-29-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroFist (Post 37237061)
Instead of watching my Auburn Tigers get slaughtered by South Carolina, I'm thinking about riding up for the Preds/Canes game so i can harass former divisional rivals. I'm looking at tickets on TicketExchange and wondering people's thoughts about the 200 level seating at Bridgestone. I also found some front row upper deck seats for a good price.

Also...Anyone up for some pregaming?

200 level is nice but not that much better than the shoot twice end 300's if there is a big difference in price

Broom of the System 09-29-2011 09:49 AM

The 200 level is nice. The seats are bigger than the other levels, so you don't have to sit shoulder to shoulder with your neighbors.

KevFist 09-29-2011 10:07 AM

Does the upper deck at Bridgestone require use of a Sherpa like Philips did?

For those of you who never went to Philips Arena, you entered the seating area for the upper deck from the top and went down to your seats. the upper deck seating bowl was INCREDIBLY steep. Literally felt like I was going down a ladder to my seats the first time I went there.

PredsV82 09-29-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroFist (Post 37238251)
Does the upper deck at Bridgestone require use of a Sherpa like Philips did?

For those of you who never went to Philips Arena, you entered the seating area for the upper deck from the top and went down to your seats. the upper deck seating bowl was INCREDIBLY steep. Literally felt like I was going down a ladder to my seats the first time I went there.

some parts, particularly the "cheap seats", yes.

the shoot twice mezzanine is actually as close to the ice as the 200 level but at 300 level prices and isnt as steep.

but with a good price on the 200's Id sit there. there is usually less of a line for food and restrooms on that level

KevFist 09-29-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 37237521)
200 level is nice but not that much better than the shoot twice end 300's if there is a big difference in price

they're on the defend twice end. The 300 seats are $23. The 200 seats are $40

Broom of the System 09-29-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroFist (Post 37238251)
Does the upper deck at Bridgestone require use of a Sherpa like Philips did?

For those of you who never went to Philips Arena, you entered the seating area for the upper deck from the top and went down to your seats. the upper deck seating bowl was INCREDIBLY steep. Literally felt like I was going down a ladder to my seats the first time I went there.

For the 300 level, you enter at or near the lowest row and have to walk up. It's not very steep, at least imo. I used to sit in the front row of 301, they're good seats, I doubt you'd have a problem with them.

That being said, I do prefer the 200 level, it's a bit more comfortable and obviously a bit closer to the ice.

Also, as mentioned above, it is easier to hit the restrooms and grab some snacks on the 200 level.

Adz 09-29-2011 10:58 AM

On the Shoot twice end, you walk down to the seats. On the Shoot once (Defend Twice) you will be walking up. It's pretty steep to me on either side but I have a fear of falling (but not of heights). Sight lines are good pretty much anywhere in the arena, but the 200 level is more upscale.

TMI 09-29-2011 11:49 AM

Some sections in the 300s have you entering at the top and walking down. Some have you entering near the bottom and walking up. It just depends on where you sit.

For $40 I'd say sit in the 200s. As Voldie said, the lines are usually shorter for restrooms and concessions. The seats are wider. The view is great.

Either way, I hope you enjoy yourself! A lot of posters will meet I believe by the glass in section 101 (it's been a while since I've been down there so the section could be wrong or they may not do that any longer). Regardless, I recommend getting to the arena about an hour before the game starts. Find your seat first, and then get a feel for the arena. There is a lot of good food to be found. Last year there was a Food Network cart (haven't been yet this year, but I assume it's still there.) Great stuff there. The club level (200s) has a bar and a nice restaurant. You might run into some players or celebrities while walking around between periods if that sort of thing piques your interest at all.

Also if we score 4 goals take your ticket stub to a Wendys to get a free frosty. Frostys can never be denied, especially if free (unless you're lactose intolerant... and then I feel terrible for you).

Adz 09-29-2011 01:12 PM

Food network cart is still there.
Meeting place is between 102/103. Many of us meet right as you come in, to the left in the handicapped seats or right below there. Come say hi!
You might also find players sitting in the alcove to the left of 315. The top brass can also be found walking around the concourse up there--last night I saw Mr. Poile and Coach Peterson (looked odd to see him in a golf shirt instead of a suit and tie).

jderick81 09-29-2011 01:32 PM

Pregaming sounds great! we have free parking in lot R next to the football stadium and I can't figure out for the life of me why there isn't more tailgating there :( I may try and round up a group for saturday, hope to see you there! :)

KevFist 09-29-2011 01:36 PM

We used to tailgate in the gulch next to Philips Arena before thrashers games. Beer, barbecue and street hockey

AtlantaWhaler 10-12-2011 12:45 PM

Just found out I will be in Nashville tomorrow!! Still have to book my hotel and snag my ticket...

I will be wearing the Thrash jersey, but will likely invest in a Preds hat while there.

Let me know if anybody wants to meet up. So happy! :)

DontCallPlayersStuds 10-12-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 37811885)
Just found out I will be in Nashville tomorrow!! Still have to book my hotel and snag my ticket...

I will be wearing the Thrash jersey, but will likely invest in a Preds hat while there.

Let me know if anybody wants to meet up. So happy! :)

Let us know where you're sitting, when you know

Adz 10-12-2011 01:11 PM

Come down to the area between 102 and 103 at preskate. Love to meet you!

AtlantaWhaler 10-12-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck (Post 37812545)
Let us know where you're sitting, when you know

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adz (Post 37812727)
Come down to the area between 102 and 103 at preskate. Love to meet you!

I'll be getting a single, so I can probably sit wherever. Do you guys normally sit in groups?

I am looking at a Ramada just across the river, but it looks like within walking distance (303 Interstate Dr). Thoughts?

I will certainly meet at 102/103 either way. I look forward to it!!!!

Adz 10-12-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 37812991)
I'll be getting a single, so I can probably sit wherever. Do you guys normally sit in groups?

I am looking at a Ramada just across the river, but it looks like within walking distance (303 Interstate Dr). Thoughts?

I will certainly meet at 102/103 either way. I look forward to it!!!!

No, we sit in seats all over the arena. We just congregate there before the game.

AtlantaWhaler 10-12-2011 01:38 PM

Scratch the hotel...looking at a Comfort Inn on Demonbreun St, about a mile or so.

Sunshine36616 10-12-2011 01:50 PM

I was sad to learn that the home opener was on a Thursday, we came up for last season's opener. We will be there on Saturday for the Devils game though!

AtlantaWhaler 10-12-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunshine36616 (Post 37814039)
I was sad to learn that the home opener was on a Thursday, we came up for last season's opener. We will be there on Saturday for the Devils game though!

Nice! Atlanta representin!!! :yo:

KevFist 10-12-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 37813615)
Scratch the hotel...looking at a Comfort Inn on Demonbreun St, about a mile or so.

My Nashville office is about a block and a half from that Comfort Inn. It's not bad at all. I've stayed there when going to things at the ASCAP office, which is across the road from my nashville office. Only thing I don't like about it is it's exterior entrance, but I can live with it there.

AtlantaWhaler 10-12-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroFist (Post 37815519)
My Nashville office is about a block and a half from that Comfort Inn. It's not bad at all. I've stayed there when going to things at the ASCAP office, which is across the road from my nashville office. Only thing I don't like about it is it's exterior entrance, but I can live with it there.

hows the walk to the arena?

KevFist 10-12-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 37815949)
hows the walk to the arena?

Interesting...... You like strip clubs? There's one on the other side of the interstate..LOL!

It's a 9 block walk one way to Bridgestone. if I didn't want to drive, I'd take a cab. It's $6 round trip from that comfort.

AtlantaWhaler 10-12-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroFist (Post 37816607)
Interesting...... You like strip clubs? There's one on the other side of the interstate..LOL!

It's a 9 block walk one way to Bridgestone. if I didn't want to drive, I'd take a cab. It's $6 round trip from that comfort.

Nice, thanks.

Are you making it up?

KevFist 10-12-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 37817029)
Nice, thanks.

Are you making it up?

I will not. Ironically, I'm playing in Atlanta this saturday night...LOL! Gonna be at the Drunken Unicorn on Ponce with MC Chris, MC Lars, Mega Ran & Adam Warrock


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.