HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kovalchuk to play for Ak Bars Kazan (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=99396)

Peter25 08-23-2004 02:12 AM

Kovalchuk to play for Ak Bars Kazan
 
Ilya Kovalchuk will play for the Ak Bars Kazan of the Russian Super League this season unless the contract between him and Atlanta is not made in time. The contract between Kovalchuk and Kazan does not have an NHL clause, so if he goes to Russia, he stays there the whole year.

barrytrotzsneck 08-23-2004 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter25
Ilya Kovalchuk will play for the Ak Bars Kazan of the Russian Super League this season unless the contract between him and Atlanta is not made in time. The contract between Kovalchuk and Kazan does not have an NHL clause, so if he goes to Russia, he stays there the whole year.


and commits career suicide.

Epsilon 08-23-2004 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
and commits career suicide.

A tad melodramatic arn't we?

barrytrotzsneck 08-23-2004 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epsilon
A tad melodramatic arn't we?


always ;)

no, but seriously, it gets a little old hearing the old "you'd better sign me and sign me to the amount i want or i'll go home and play, i will!" pout routine. i don't believe for a second kovalchuk would be dumb enough to do something like that, but...shrug. stranger things have happened.

Juneemoon 08-23-2004 09:21 AM

The contract DOES have an NHL clause.

ALF AmericanLionsFan 08-23-2004 09:54 AM

Nice to see Kazan get Kovalchuk, I just hope their is an escape clause

Bergeron47 08-23-2004 11:25 AM

Russian Super League, I get a kick out of the name, it sounds so childish :lol

TelperiŽn 08-23-2004 12:00 PM

Ilya Kovalchuk signs contract with the "Ak Leopards"

It has become known to "Sovetsky Sport", Russian forward and leading goal scorer of the NHL, Ilya Kovalchuk has come to an agreement with the "Ak Leopards". The contract is designed for a year, but includes a condition that allows Kovalchuk to return to Atlanta when the lock-out ends.

http://forums.atlantathrashers.com/j...rt=0&trange=15


http://kovy.ru/0821102151262.php</FONT></FONT>

Buya89 08-23-2004 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bergeron47
Russian Super League, I get a kick out of the name, it sounds so childish :lol


Its RHL

Russian Hocke League



and its suppose to be 2nd best league in the world...

Trottier 08-23-2004 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bergeron47
Russian Super League, I get a kick out of the name, it sounds so childish :lol

:joker:

And "Ak Bars Kazan" sounds like a hash bar found in Marrakesh. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
no, but seriously, it gets a little old hearing the old "you'd better sign me and sign me to the amount i want or i'll go home and play, i will!" pout routine.

"Pout" routine? Most of us know it as "the art of negotiation". If Kovalchuk loses his right to seek the very best offer he can secure for his services, so too do you and I in our respective professions.

Jacob 08-24-2004 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bergeron47
Russian Super League, I get a kick out of the name, it sounds so childish :lol

They should call it the Russian Super Terrific League.

Rob Paxon 08-24-2004 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacobv2
They should call it the Russian Super Terrific League.

I believe you mean the Russian Super Terrific Happy League of Pixies and Puckhandlers.

montreal 08-24-2004 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buya89
Its RHL

Russian Hocke League



and its suppose to be 2nd best league in the world...



No, AK Bars plays in the RSL, the Russian Super League. The RHL is the Russian High League which is like our AHL. It's also called the Upper league as well.

Mizral 08-24-2004 01:02 PM

All due respect to the RSL, but I would put the top AHL team up against the top RSL team any day of the week.

Jacob 08-24-2004 02:37 PM

Didn't Morozov sign with Ak Bars? They're looking to be fairly loaded.

montreal 08-24-2004 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Thompson
All due respect to the RSL, but I would put the top AHL team up against the top RSL team any day of the week.


Admirals vs Omsk, I'd take Omsk they play a very solid defensive game. Do you get to see many RSL games ?

montreal 08-24-2004 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacobv2
Didn't Morozov sign with Ak Bars? They're looking to be fairly loaded.



There were fairly loaded to begin with. They have one of the better defensive pairings in the league and are one of the higher paying teams. This is based off last season though, as I haven't kept up with any changes that might have made over the summer. I got to see them a couple of times last year, cool uniforms. :D

kacz 08-24-2004 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacobv2
Didn't Morozov sign with Ak Bars? They're looking to be fairly loaded.

Sergei Varlamov has also committed to Ak Bars full time, good team.

Vatican Roulette 08-24-2004 11:38 PM

thats nothin... CSKA Moscow might have Zherdev, Jagr, Frolov, Volchenkov, to go along wth a good team.


Moscow Dynamo could have Datsyuk, Afinogenov, Andrei Markov, Alexander Khavanov and Artem Chubarov. I just read on Eurohockey.net that Bartecko is also on the squad. Keep in mind that Ovechkin is also on that roster.



Also playing for AK Bars ( i think at least) is Bykov.

EDIT: AK Bars had last year on their roster: Konstantin Korneev, Sergei Zinoviev, Denis Denisov, David Nemirovsky, Jan Benda, Vladimir Tsyplakov, Dmitri Kvartalnov, Aleksandr Drozdetsky, Aleksandr Cherbayev and Vadim Epanchintsev. If 1/2 of those guys return, they are going to be one hell of an offensive powerhouse.


RSL is going to have some good players in it this year if the CBA isn't signed.

Maxpac 08-25-2004 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk
thats nothin... CSKA Moscow might have Zherdev, Jagr, Frolov, Volchenkov, to go along wth a good team.


Moscow Dynamo could have Datsyuk, Afinogenov, Andrei Markov, Alexander Khavanov and Artem Chubarov. ..


RSL is going to have some good players in it this year if the CBA isn't signed.

Are you talking of Chubarov the ols habs prospect? He sucked!

Jacob 08-25-2004 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk
thats nothin... CSKA Moscow might have Zherdev, Jagr, Frolov, Volchenkov, to go along wth a good team.


Moscow Dynamo could have Datsyuk, Afinogenov, Andrei Markov, Alexander Khavanov and Artem Chubarov. I just read on Eurohockey.net that Bartecko is also on the squad. Keep in mind that Ovechkin is also on that roster.



Also playing for AK Bars ( i think at least) is Bykov.

EDIT: AK Bars had last year on their roster: Konstantin Korneev, Sergei Zinoviev, Denis Denisov, David Nemirovsky, Jan Benda, Vladimir Tsyplakov, Dmitri Kvartalnov, Aleksandr Drozdetsky, Aleksandr Cherbayev and Vadim Epanchintsev. If 1/2 of those guys return, they are going to be one hell of an offensive powerhouse.


RSL is going to have some good players in it this year if the CBA isn't signed.

I thought Jagr signed with Dynamo.

Zednik 08-25-2004 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcel the great!
Are you talking of Chubarov the ols habs prospect? He sucked!

huh no, he's talking about the Chubarov who plays for the Nucks.

Mizral 08-25-2004 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
Admirals vs Omsk, I'd take Omsk they play a very solid defensive game. Do you get to see many RSL games ?

Never caught an RSL game in my life actually. Closest I've come is seeing Russia WC teams.

montreal 08-25-2004 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Thompson
Never caught an RSL game in my life actually. Closest I've come is seeing Russia WC teams.



How can you be so confident in the AHL then? (just asking)

EricG. 08-25-2004 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacobv2
I thought Jagr signed with Dynamo.

Jagr did sign with Dynamo.

For the record, the top 5 teams from the RSL are better teams then any AHL team. The top couple teams from Sweden, Finland and Switzerland could compare to AHL teams as well. I've seen enough to be able to compare.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.