HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Habs 2007 Draft (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=994175)

Mike The Wall 09-30-2011 08:13 AM

Habs 2007 Draft

Habs get another player from 2007 draft

Round 1

Lars Eller 13th over all
Max Pacioretty 22nd over all

Round 2

P.K. Subban 43rd over all
Aaron Palushaj 44th over all

Round 3

Olivier Fortier 65th over all
Yannick Weber 73rd over all
Philip DeSimone 84th over all

Round 4

None

Round 5

Joe Stejskal 133 over all
Andrew Conboy 142 over all

Round 6

Nichlas Torp 163 over all

Round 7

Scott Kishel 192 over all

Stjonnypopo 09-30-2011 08:26 AM

I hear the 4th round was the deepest

hototogisu 09-30-2011 09:15 AM

I always thought Torp would be a gem. Oh well.

WeThreeKings 09-30-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 37276851)
I always thought Torp would be a gem. Oh well.

Same here.

Hated Scott Kishel.

shakenbake7 09-30-2011 10:35 AM

I miss McDonagh.

Whitesnake 09-30-2011 11:36 PM

I share the sentiments towards Torp, In the 1st camp I've seen Torp and Weber together, there was close to nothing separating both guys. And Torp was much tougher despite his size.

It's fun to do the draft winners immediately after the draft. It's great fun and we shouldn't stop doing it....for fun. 'Cause I remember thinking at the time that with names like Voracek, Legein, Weber, Hansen and Mayorov, Columbus had to be amongst the big time winners....Still can't believe Weber didn't make a name out of himself yet.

We had a good draft. McDo, MaxPac, Subban and Weber, that's solid no matter how you look at it. Couldn't understand for the love of god why Fortier that soon especially with guys, I thought, would have been much better like Gregoire, Killorn, Palmieri, but moreso my famous Pierro-Zabotel (still waiting boy....about time now, though he is almost at 1PPG....in the ECHL....). Also loved, but being bias while wanting them, guys like Kampfer or Caporusso....So to this day, my picks would have been just as good as the Fortier pick which means.....not so good.

neofury* 10-01-2011 10:48 AM

All the folks who wanted us to go after Scheifele so far seem pretty accurate. It's pretty early but the dude looks like a future star.

That having been said what they had wrong was thinking he'd be available to us. Clearly Winnipeg's GM was pretty fond of the guy using the 7th pick. I can't really remember now but didn't a bunch of folks actually get surprised by him being picked 7th?

RE-HABS 10-01-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 37321535)
All the folks who wanted us to go after Scheifele so far seem pretty accurate. It's pretty early but the dude looks like a future star.

That having been said what they had wrong was thinking he'd be available to us. Clearly Winnipeg's GM was pretty fond of the guy using the 7th pick. I can't really remember now but didn't a bunch of folks actually get surprised by him being picked 7th?

They had a lot of players ranked ahead of him "The experts and scouts", it was a early pick, but he was still thought as a mid to late 1st rounder.

neofury* 10-01-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 37321823)
They had a lot of players ranked ahead of him "The experts and scouts", it was a early pick, but he was still thought as a mid to late 1st rounder.

Winnipeg's scouting department seems to have hit a home run if the kid keeps up this level of play. If the guy can nearly immediately make an impact and was picked 7th that's awesome. I was just googling the prelims and most people had him around 10-12. So definitely a steal. A lot of lists I read had Beaulieu anywhere from 9-13 and one mid-season list from last year had Beaulieu as #7

beowulf 10-01-2011 12:42 PM

Not sure if I get the point of the thread but sure.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 10-01-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 37321535)

In 2003, people shat on Philly for doing the same with Carter. Everyone said late 1st but they nabbed him early and look how much of a good player he is now.

macavoy 10-01-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 37322197)
Winnipeg's scouting department seems to have hit a home run if the kid keeps up this level of play. If the guy can nearly immediately make an impact and was picked 7th that's awesome. I was just googling the prelims and most people had him around 10-12. So definitely a steal.

Just being a nit but him getting pickedsoonerthan expected doesn't make him a steal, a steal is when you get a great pick later than expected. Still a good pick, just wanted to clarify your terminology.

neofury* 10-01-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 37326559)
Just being a nit but him getting pickedsoonerthan expected doesn't make him a steal, a steal is when you get a great pick later than expected. Still a good pick, just wanted to clarify your terminology.

Well technically other scouts had him lower and they had him high and he looks to be worthy of where they picked him. But I do see what you're saying. Just clarifying that if he does pan out as better than where most people had him it's good scouting my Winnipeg.