HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Speculation: Rangers trying to get rid of Avery (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=994863)

Khelvan 10-01-2011 02:33 AM

Rangers trying to get rid of Avery

Per TVA Sports, the Rangers are trying to pawn off Avery on other teams, including European teams (original link in French, I borrowed the translation):

Quote:

The latest antics New York Rangers player Sean Avery went too far.

Currently touring Europe to compete in a series of pre-season game, the New York organization discussed with other European teams to try to get rid of the services of the most hated player in the NHL.

"The Rangers are trying to capitalize on the popularity of Sean Avery abroad. The Rangers hope that a European team wants the guy", revealed Michel Langevin, host of the show "L'esprit d'équipe" on TVA Sports on Friday.

He said the Rangers would even be willing to arrange a transfer so that Avery remains in Europe. The team does not intend to send him to their farm team, the Connecticut Whale of the AHL.

"They do not want to have Avery in New York. The Rangers do not want his attitude to spread to other players who are growing in the organization", said Langevin.
http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/sports/no...30-222204.html

I suppose that this will make no difference to those who believe that Avery is not a distraction to the team?

Screw You Rick Nash 10-01-2011 02:35 AM

Avery's having a good camp, so I don't see why we'll get rid of him now. And I still have no idea what TVA Sports is, so I don't really care what they have to say.

StaalWars 10-01-2011 02:51 AM

Saw this on the main board. If this was a true story one of our beat writers would have reported it, not some radio host up in Quebec.

jniklast 10-01-2011 02:55 AM

Yeah, that source seems to be a bit strange for Rangers news. And what are his "latest antics" supposed to be anyway?

Loffen 10-01-2011 04:06 AM

TVA Sports?

Cynical TyranT 10-01-2011 04:14 AM

Posters here are more credible than that randemonium

Levitate 10-01-2011 05:11 AM

Wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to move him, since he doesn't seem to fit into their lineup from what we see, but I'd be surprised if it's for any other reason than salary cap purposes

TonyTheGr8 10-01-2011 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jniklast (Post 37317997)
Yeah, that source seems to be a bit strange for Rangers news. And what are his "latest antics" supposed to be anyway?

Lol...yeah, that was my thoughts also. What "latest antics"? Oh wait, I forgot..Wayne Simmonds called him a ****ing ****** the other night..Avery's fault. :shakehead

I've never even heard of TVA Sports before, so until I hear it from a more credible source, I'm just gonna take it for what it's forth.

jas 10-01-2011 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 (Post 37318743)
Lol...yeah, that was my thoughts also. What "latest antics"? Oh wait, I forgot..Wayne Simmonds called him a ****ing ****** the other night..Avery's fault. :shakehead

I've never even heard of TVA Sports before, so until I hear it from a more credible source, I'm just gonna take it for what it's forth.

Unfortunately, the media has taken the tact that Avery is partly to blame for the recent event, since he's trying to paint himself as a victim.

Here's an example -

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/colum.../db110928.html

Tortorella has shown a low tolerance for Avery, so, while this particular article may be bogus, the idea that the Rangers might want to rid themselves of Avery isn't.

jniklast 10-01-2011 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas (Post 37318879)
Unfortunately, the media has taken the tact that Avery is partly to blame for the recent event, since he's trying to paint himself as a victim.

Here's an example -

Tortorella has shown a low tolerance for Avery, so, while this particular article may be bogus, the idea that the Rangers might want to rid themselves of Avery isn't.

If they want to get rid of Avery, which is certainly possible, it's because his play doesn't warrant his cap hit anymore. It's not because any antics or him being a cancer in the lockerroom. And I doubt they'd bother trying to find a team for him in Europe; if he's cut, then he is waived and simply sent to Hartford.

Khelvan 10-01-2011 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jniklast (Post 37318893)
It's not because any antics or him being a cancer in the lockerroom.

And how do you know this?

beastly115 10-01-2011 06:33 AM

They don't want him in Hartford?

Didn't Avery spend time in Hartford last year? Or was that the year before, I don't remember.

Doesn't make much sense to me. I'll wait for a beat writer to come forward before I believe anything.

abev 10-01-2011 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaalWars (Post 37317953)
Saw this on the main board. If this was a true story one of our beat writers would have reported it, not some radio host up in Quebec.

Not trying to credit this particular story, but our beat reporters knew Staal had a concussion and never reported it so we can't go by that logic.

jniklast 10-01-2011 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khelvan (Post 37318913)
And how do you know this?

I don't know this for sure of course, but if he were, why would they try to get rid of him just now? And he's also good friends with two of our most important players, I doubt he is that bad then.

TonyTheGr8 10-01-2011 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas (Post 37318879)

Here's an example -

Fair points, and I agree that the Rangers may want to get rid of him. But I also feel that jniklast has a point, and that it may be more cause he doesn't warrant his cap hit anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jniklast (Post 37318893)
If they want to get rid of Avery, which is certainly possible, it's because his play doesn't warrant his cap hit anymore. It's not because any antics or him being a cancer in the lockerroom. And I doubt they'd bother trying to find a team for him in Europe; if he's cut, then he is waived and simply sent to Hartford.

As stated, I agree with you that this may more be the case. If Sean was playing like the Avery of 07-08, Torts would find a place for him. Because quite simply, Avery on his game, made this team better. Not just because of his antics, but his antics made him play better. Anyone who denies that doesn't watch the Rangers.

Radek27 10-01-2011 07:22 AM

This is pure speculation by one person who isn't in the NYR loop.

I call BS

pld459666 10-01-2011 07:24 AM

This point was beaten to death in the Avery thread, but Avery has played better than his compettion for the role he is going to be asked to play

Seems that his head is on straight and is looking to show that last year was an anomoly in terms of his goal production (which was the only aspect of his game that was off)

As far as the report, what antics? He played well in the noted Phlly game.

Inferno 10-01-2011 07:27 AM

imho avery has outplayed nearly every ranger player in all of the preseason games...very few players have looked as good on every single shift, as Sean Avery has.

pld459666 10-01-2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 37319241)
imho avery has outplayed nearly every ranger player in all of the preseason games...very few players have looked as good on every single shift, as Sean Avery has.

but why let facts get in the way of hate.

Makes no sense.

Inferno 10-01-2011 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pld459666 (Post 37319259)
but why let facts get in the way of hate.

Makes no sense.

well, to be 100% honest though....i think there might be some merit to the fact that the Rangers will waive Sean....i just think John Tortorella really frikkin hates the guy. Not that I can blame Torts for Sean last year...he was pretty much a non factor the entire season.

ThisYearsModel 10-01-2011 08:52 AM

Torts does not lie Avery. He has succeeded in completely neutering Avery's game over the past couple years. The Rangers might as well cut bait with Avery. Put him on waivers. The Flyers will claim here.

TonyTheGr8 10-01-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel (Post 37320299)
Torts does not lie Avery. He has succeeded in completely neutering Avery's game over the past couple years. The Rangers might as well cut bait with Avery. Put him on waivers. The Flyers will claim here.

They do that, and he will immediately find his game again and kill us EVERY time he plays us. Guaranteed.

h0ckeyman 10-01-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 37319241)

Might be so, but Avery is sooo inconsistent once the season rolls around, he proves it time and time again...

chip chipperson* 10-01-2011 09:36 AM

what i dont get is when they say the rangers are shopping him around in europe. How can they just dump him to another team that plays in an entirely different league/continent? makes no sense to me. plus the guy has played well. i doubt this.

RangerBoy 10-01-2011 09:49 AM

Christobal Huet is under contract with the Hawks but he played last season and will play this season in Europe. The Rangers would have loaned Wade Redden to a team in Europe if he wanted to play in Europe. The Rangers loaned Darius Kaspairitis to a KHL team instead of having him play in the AHL.

Would another NHL team touch Avery on waivers? Not after his antics in Dallas. Avery played in Hartford in 2008-09 when he came back from his suspension. He was on his best behavior trying to get back into the NHL with the Rangers.

Avery's roster spot with the Rangers is hanging by a thread. If he makes the team,Avery will be a very expensive 13th forward.