HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What do u guys think of your new jersey's (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=994885)

MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE 10-01-2011 04:40 AM

What do u guys think of your new jersey's

I'm not even a preds fan but personally I think you guys have one of the best away jersey's in the NHL, The home one is pretty sick too maybe a top 5 in the league ,, In NHL 12 I always bring the preds just because I love their jersey's.

Do you guys love it or dislike it ?

jlsg 10-01-2011 07:38 AM

Wasn't sure at first, but I like them now. Especially after seeing them in person.

jcupp 10-01-2011 08:03 AM

I don't really like the whole uniform together. I do like the tops though, both home and away.

headsigh 10-01-2011 10:55 AM

They're alright. Thought I hated them at first but they're pretty good, especially in person. Needs a bit more blue.

My favorite concept was this one though.

http://i.imgur.com/T3s9c.png

ThirdManIn 10-01-2011 11:36 AM

I've liked them since they were leaked. I like them much better now that I've seen then in HD. Good change. They stand out. They provide us with a much needed identity (even more so than the Mustard 3rds we had for a while).

Paranoid Android 10-01-2011 11:48 AM

I do agree that there is slightly too much yellow, but I'm getting used to it. Haven't seen them in person yet though.

I hope the numbers on the front of the helmets isn't permanent... they look silly

Seth Lake 10-01-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paranoid Android (Post 37325251)
I do agree that there is slightly too much yellow, but I'm getting used to it. Haven't seen them in person yet though.

I hope the numbers on the front of the helmets isn't permanent... they look silly

Wait till you see them in person. I LOVE them! It establishes an identity that the navy based jerseys lacked...especially against the navy blue seats in the arena.

As for the helmet numbers, it wasn't a team decision. The NHL is mandating every team to wear them by the start of the season...

RaiderDoug 10-01-2011 12:04 PM

Love the whites. I've got to get one of them.

The gold, I've only really seen on a fuzzy internet stream. I liked them on the players at the fan event, but they just looked like yellow blobs during the games I watched. I'll reserve judgement until I see them in person in a few weeks.

I Will Son 10-01-2011 12:16 PM

I ****ing love them. They are gorgeous. Best jerseys we have ever had imo. I like the black n blue but blue is common and its not unique like these.

JohniusMaximus 10-01-2011 12:25 PM

I bought the new home jersey. That being said, I have always hated yellow. Always. The Preds picking up on it as their primary won't change my hatred of it. I bought the jersey because of team pride, but dear God I think it's hideous. And yeah, yeah I know. Behold the Gold. It's not gold. It's yellow. I don't care what Sherwin Williams says. Salmon isn't a color and neither is gold.

The away jerseys are great but I just refuse to wear an away at a home game. Seems wrong.

The new logo itself has grown on me.

I'll still be wearing it proudly with an occasional appearance from the blacks and blues.

Adz 10-01-2011 02:04 PM

I like them. May have to change my hair color so I don't clash, though. After seeing both of them I've decided I like the homes better than the aways, but they both look good.

CantbeatzPekka 10-01-2011 02:20 PM

think theyre pretty cool to be honest. I havent seen them in person just on highlights, but they stand the hell out in a good way.

Leaf Rocket 10-01-2011 02:31 PM

as leaf fan at the beginning didn't like it but it grew on me, and gotta say it looks nice for you guys :)

barrytrotzsneck 10-01-2011 03:06 PM

In my opinion, the new best in the league. Love them.

Stranger 10-01-2011 03:33 PM

I think they are among the best in the league. The Predators have an identity now jersey wise. Looking at the old uniforms and logos and there is no comparison.

They look great in person and look awesome on TV as well. Once more fans get them it will be great to see all the gold in the stands.

Everlong 10-01-2011 03:45 PM

The home gold is a little much on the eyes, but I'm coming around to it. I think the away is top10 in the league though. Fantastic!

codeyh 10-02-2011 08:38 AM

As far as the fit of the new replicas, probably one of my favorites along with the Admirals black.

Loving the jersey, there's small things that irk me, but they're so minute that they don't matter.

goalscorer 10-02-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 37325499)
As for the helmet numbers, it wasn't a team decision. The NHL is mandating every team to wear them by the start of the season...

I guess I didn't get the memo, lol. I saw the numbers on a couple pics this morning on our website. I think it looks terrible. Do you know what the leagues thoughts are on this move? Easier for refs to identify penaties, stats? Don't like the idea personally. Hope they change it soon.

AtlantaWhaler 10-02-2011 05:09 PM

Hate the piping, but overall, love them.

Seth Lake 10-02-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goalscorer (Post 37376283)
I guess I didn't get the memo, lol. I saw the numbers on a couple pics this morning on our website. I think it looks terrible. Do you know what the leagues thoughts are on this move? Easier for refs to identify penaties, stats? Don't like the idea personally. Hope they change it soon.

I'm not sure on the motivation, but do believe it has to do with making it easier to identify players. Maybe they were sick of all the players that were misidentified in photos in the media? :sarcasm:

As for me, I don't really notice them from where I sit and it hasn't bothered me on TV either...therefore I give it a big :dunno:

zellthemedic 10-02-2011 06:19 PM

I always liked them, but I like the homes more than the aways now (Was the opposite at first).

worstfaceoffmanever 10-02-2011 07:29 PM

I like the color choices. I was apprehensive about the gold at first, but they look fine on TV.

My beef is still with the piping. It makes the back of both jerseys look like a battery compartment.

leotroy82 10-02-2011 08:51 PM

I didn't like it one bit ...till I saw it on the ice..looks damn good guys damn good.

Sunshine36616 10-03-2011 05:14 AM

I still hate the home jerseys, and yellow is my favorite color. I don't like the changes to the logos either. I always thought the away white jersey was okay, but after seeing it in persona and seeing the piano keys in the neck, I really like it.

preds1 10-03-2011 07:57 AM

Didn't like the home jerseys at first, but after seeing them on the ice in person really changed my opinion.
Bought a home jersey for my son and looks great.