HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   OT: Dish Network, Center Ice (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=995199)

no name 10-01-2011 04:48 PM

Dish Network, Center Ice

So I just bought a new house and I am moving on wed. Now I've had DTV for 7 years and now apparently I'm switching to Dish Network . I had it set up yesterday and I called to order Center Ice today and they said that CI doesn't start until OCT 30th. It's the same price as DTV's price. They won't even issue a discount.

So, does this goofball not even know what he is talking about or is Dish just late to the party? Any confirmation would be appreciated. I may just eat the Dish and swith back to DTV.

eleventy 10-01-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no name (Post 37333201)
just eat the Dish and swith back to DTV.

In your own words :D:p:

Telos 10-01-2011 04:53 PM

I would call again and get another representative or supervisor. I wouldn't know about Dish's policies as I also have DirecTV, but with anything, if you get a representative that doesn't quite seem to have a handle on things or says some pretty controversial stuff, the best thing to do is just call back and ask someone else to be sure.

Reaper45 10-01-2011 05:54 PM

I have Dish and get the same discount on a yearly basis, regardless of when i order it.

no name 10-01-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 37335141)
I have Dish and get the same discount on a yearly basis, regardless of when i order it.

Do they start the center ice season late every year?

santiclaws 10-01-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no name (Post 37337039)
Do they start the center ice season late every year?

Center Ice starts the same time for everyone

RonSwanson* 10-01-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no name (Post 37333201)
So I just bought a new house and I am moving on wed. Now I've had DTV for 7 years and now apparently I'm switching to Dish Network . I had it set up yesterday and I called to order Center Ice today and they said that CI doesn't start until OCT 30th. It's the same price as DTV's price. They won't even issue a discount.

So, does this goofball not even know what he is talking about or is Dish just late to the party? Any confirmation would be appreciated. I may just eat the Dish and swith back to DTV.

Dish company is located in Denver. You must have gotten an Avs fan who wants to limit his team's embarrassment.

xavi4life 10-01-2011 08:27 PM

Go back to Directv and enjoy free NFL. And if you do, PM me so I can get you an employee friends and family discount (10% off).

no name 10-01-2011 09:46 PM

I hope he was just uninformed. I got a pretty good deal with Dish and I don't feel like eating the commitment. I'm already eating the remaining part of Sunday Ticket with DTV due to the switch.

Wildturkey12 10-01-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no name (Post 37346693)
I'm already eating the remaining part of Sunday Ticket with DTV due to the switch.

Doesnt Direct let you move your account without having to pay anything? Everyone I know with Dish is happy, they just dont carry MLB Extra innings, so its out of the question for me.

no name 10-02-2011 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 (Post 37347011)
Doesnt Direct let you move your account without having to pay anything? Everyone I know with Dish is happy, they just dont carry MLB Extra innings, so its out of the question for me.

They do, on most occasions. I sold my old house 6 months ago and moved it to a rental house. I have to pay a 200 dollar fee to transfer since it will be 2 times within a one year. I got a better deal$$$ wise with better programing with Dish and it was more cost affective after all is said and done, with better options.

YoungSinatra 10-02-2011 01:22 AM

Umm, last year I'm pretty sure it was on time? :P