HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Something fishy about Islanders Point Blank.... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=995943)

M Moulson Ale 10-02-2011 05:09 PM

Something fishy about Islanders Point Blank....

After what happened with Botta leaving and Kurtzberg being let go, the site seems to be losing interest. Checking the last few posts, there have been zero comments registered. Even on the gameday posts, no one is chatting about the game or stuff like that. Also, with links leading to Botta's New York Times blog, SNY closed the comments section. It is very weird and IMO I feel as if the site is going way down hill without Chris....

Hockify 10-02-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M Moulson Ale (Post 37377827)
After what happened with Botta leaving and Kurtzberg being let go, the site seems to be losing interest. Checking the last few posts, there have been zero comments registered. Even on the gameday posts, no one is chatting about the game or stuff like that. Also, with links leading to Botta's New York Times blog, SNY closed the comments section. It is very weird and IMO I feel as if the site is going way down hill without Chris....

When comments are disabled you can't comment even if you wanted to.

M Moulson Ale 10-02-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockify (Post 37378421)

then what is the reason for disabling comments?

JeffNYI 10-02-2011 05:33 PM

Hopefully they're quietly shopping the domain to interested buyers who would do something useful with it.

I can't believe the plan is to go on with it this way for long.

Richie Daggers Crime 10-02-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockify (Post 37378421)

Heh. Obvious answer is too obvious.

StrongIslanders90 10-02-2011 05:48 PM

Its kinda funny how Bottas articles end up on there anyway....

Hip Of Rick 10-02-2011 05:48 PM

Its been terrible since Botta lost his credentials, I stopped going to shortly after. Botta was too lazy to even do recaps which require nothing but a TV

Islanders1932 10-02-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick (Post 37379703)
Its been terrible since Botta lost his credentials, I stopped going to shortly after. Botta was too lazy to even do recaps which require nothing but a TV

Oh comon, lets not bash Botta for what he did. He has done more for this fanbase than anyone else. Botta provided unique perspectives from different outlets including coaches of rookies and tons of outsiders perspectives on his SNYTV segments. How anyone can ever call Botta "lazy" after everything he has done is amazing.

Hip Of Rick 10-02-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Islanders1932 (Post 37379923)
Oh comon, lets not bash Botta for what he did. He has done more for this fanbase than anyone else. Botta provided unique perspectives from different outlets including coaches of rookies and tons of outsiders perspectives on his SNYTV segments. How anyone can ever call Botta "lazy" after everything he has done is amazing.

Once he lost his credentials he lost his will to put an effort into IPB. To do a recap which he did after every game does not require all that much. I always enjoyed the recap but not doing it was Botta being lazy. I appreciated his work but in sports journalism, like sports only the recent matters

Hipster Doofus 10-02-2011 07:02 PM

Please, Botta did more work in finding stories than anyone else we ever had covering our team.

Isles Enforcer 10-02-2011 07:25 PM

Drinking the Kool Aid...yawn

Andong Wang 10-02-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick (Post 37380199)
Once he lost his credentials he lost his will to put an effort into IPB. To do a recap which he did after every game does not require all that much. I always enjoyed the recap but not doing it was Botta being lazy. I appreciated his work but in sports journalism, like sports only the recent matters

Can you really blame him? After he lost his "credentials" there was absolutely zero incentive to waste your time blogging a team with limited access but he did it anyway.

BOSSY1126 10-02-2011 08:11 PM

can't believe people would bash botta after all the insite and things he's done for us fans ......go play in traffic meathead!!!!!!

Bert Marshall days 10-02-2011 08:52 PM

His credentials being pulled was more ridiculously childish than anything he ever did.

Richie Daggers Crime 10-02-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malPHONEY (Post 37385359)
Can you really blame him? After he lost his "credentials" there was absolutely zero incentive to waste your time blogging a team with limited access but he did it anyway.

My guess is that he redirected his time and efforts into getting a gig that actually had a future, since IPB without team access had none. Or, you know, he's lazy.

Islanders1932 10-02-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick (Post 37380199)

Yeah sure recaps of games are great and all, but we all watched the game and knew what happened so the loss of the recaps wasn't that bad especially since he couldn't go around interviewing players after the games. What he did instead was provide stories that you could not find else where about the Islanders. That is dedication. He devoted all his time to finding unique stories that could not be found anywhere else. A simply game recap can be found on any site. Botta was amazing and I am already missing him severely.

Sideshow Bob 10-02-2011 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M Moulson Ale (Post 37378629)
then what is the reason for disabling comments?

There is probably nobody to moderate them.

I am curious though, why botta's name is still up on the site. Is he involved in a small way editing content? Does he still have a financial interest and gets a piece of ad revenue?

jdr016 10-03-2011 11:06 AM

Since Botta left, it seems like they just copy and paste AP articles. Really no reason to check out that site anymore!

IslesNorway 10-03-2011 11:22 AM

When he had his credentials he could offer interesting news and behind the scenes stuff, when he lost them the site was doomed to fail. I've always liked his writings and it's a shame it has developed the way it has.

Hockify 10-03-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdr016 (Post 37400931)
Since Botta left, it seems like they just copy and paste AP articles. Really no reason to check out that site anymore!

They have been linking to Botta articles.

Steve55 10-03-2011 03:29 PM

The Islander Point Blank is looking more like the Islanders mouth piece since Botta left.

heatedskates 10-03-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdr016 (Post 37400931)

Yep I haven't checked the site in over a week. Just read his NYT blog now and call it a day. Shame as that site was once good.

Bert Marshall days 10-03-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve55 (Post 37412047)
The Islander Point Blank is looking more like the Islanders mouth piece since Botta left.

.......which is exactly what SnoWang wanted.

And why they pulled his creds. Haven't been there in 3 months.

Nolanitis 10-04-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days (Post 37387093)
His credentials being pulled was more ridiculously childish than anything he ever did.

Maybe or maybe not. We still do not know te whole story behind the banishment. I hope one dayit comes out