HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Prospect Info: Habs Top 25 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=996337)

montreal 10-03-2011 08:49 AM

Habs Top 25
 
I put up a top 25 on my site. Lots of interesting prospects this time around and several like Nygren, Bourinval, Trunev, Dietz have gotten off to good starts. The NCAA starts the regular season this week for most schools.

I know some aren't going to be happy to see Leblanc and Kristo over Gallagher and perhaps Bourinval but either way they are our top forward prospects so put them in any order you want as it's close with all of them imo. Clearly I like Leblanc and Kristo more then most but I could see them getting passed in future rankings.

Got to like the depth we have on defense now. Here's to all the prospects hopefully having great seasons!


Top 25

1. Nathan Beaulieu
2. Louis Leblanc
3. Danny Kristo
4. Brendan Gallagher
5. Jarred Tinordi
6. MichaŽl Bournival
7. Alexei Emelin
8. Aaron Palushaj
9. Alexander Avtsin
10. Mac Bennett
11. Magnus Nygren
12. Morgan Ellis
13. Gabriel Dumont
14. Andreas Engqvist
15. Daniel Pribly
16. Mark MacMillan
17. Olivier Archambault
18. Josiah Didier
19. Brendon Nash
20. Andrew Conboy
21. Mark Mitera
22. Alain Berger
23. Darren Dietz
24. Maxim Trunev
25. Peter Delmas

HM Brock Trotter, Dustin Walsh, Greg Pateryn, Joonas Nšttinen

JHabs 10-03-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 37396549)
I put up a top 25 on my site. Lots of interesting prospects this time around and several like Nygren, Bourinval, Trunev, Dietz have gotten off to good starts. The NCAA starts the regular season this week for most schools.

I know some aren't going to be happy to see Leblanc and Kristo over Gallagher and perhaps Bourinval but either way they are our top forward prospects so put them in any order you want as it's close with all of them imo. Clearly I like Leblanc and Kristo more then most but I could see them getting passed in future rankings.

Got to like the depth we have on defense now. Here's to all the prospects hopefully having great seasons!


Top 25

1. Nathan Beaulieu
2. Louis Leblanc
3. Danny Kristo
4. Brendan Gallagher
5. Jarred Tinordi
6. MichaŽl Bournival
7. Alexei Emelin
8. Aaron Palushaj
9. Alexander Avtsin
10. Mac Bennett
11. Magnus Nygren
12. Morgan Ellis
13. Gabriel Dumont
14. Andreas Engqvist
15. Daniel Pribly
16. Mark MacMillan
17. Olivier Archambault
18. Josiah Didier
19. Brendon Nash
20. Andrew Conboy
21. Mark Mitera
22. Alain Berger
23. Darren Dietz
24. Maxim Trunev
25. Peter Delmas

HM Brock Trotter, Dustin Walsh, Greg Pateryn, Joonas Nšttinen

You sir are a beast.

I would actually put Berger ahead of Mitera, but aside from that great list. I'm more high on Berger than I am on Archambault, but theres no denying he has skill, but for me they'd be more closer together.

neofury* 10-03-2011 09:16 AM

I'm guessing you don't consider Diaz a prospect but I'm curious on Yemelin. I'm assuming your list is based on ceiling and not necessarily who will make the NHL when. I agree with it for the most part though I'm one who is in the camp that thinks Leblanc will be a good player but not quite as good as fans had hoped. I see him eventually being a quality 3rd line winger, not a center or a top 6 player.

JHabs 10-03-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 37397293)
I'm guessing you don't consider Diaz a prospect but I'm curious on Yemelin. I'm assuming your list is based on ceiling and not necessarily who will make the NHL when. I agree with it for the most part though I'm one who is in the camp that thinks Leblanc will be a good player but not quite as good as fans had hoped. I see him eventually being a quality 3rd line winger, not a center or a top 6 player.

I think Leblanc can be a complimentary 45-55 point 2nd line winger with a good center. Hes the type of guy you want on a team, but not the type of guy you build around like PK or Price.

WeThreeKings 10-03-2011 09:19 AM

I'd have Nattinen and Walsh both ahead of Peter Delmas.

montreal 10-03-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yarfangor (Post 37396927)
You sir are a beast.

I would actually put Berger ahead of Mitera, but aside from that great list. I'm more high on Berger than I am on Archambault, but theres no denying he has skill, but for me they'd be more closer together.

Thanks. I haven't seen enough of Berger yet, but his foot speed concerns me so I put him a little lower for now, but I will get to see him a ton at Hamilton so next ranking I'll have a much better feel for him. Archambault is more of a wild card at this point, he impressed me in preseason with his skating/speed and seems to have some flash to him, so I like where he's at for an 18 year old, but we'll see how it goes for him over the next 2 years before he turns pro.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 37397293)
I'm guessing you don't consider Diaz a prospect but I'm curious on Yemelin. I'm assuming your list is based on ceiling and not necessarily who will make the NHL when. I agree with it for the most part though I'm one who is in the camp that thinks Leblanc will be a good player but not quite as good as fans had hoped. I see him eventually being a quality 3rd line winger, not a center or a top 6 player.

I didn't consider Diaz a prospect because of his age, plus I never saw him play before preseason. Yes I don't make the list based off who will make the NHL or when, it's mostly about upside although I try and consider all factors, just not when they will make the NHL since they are all at different stages of development. Leblanc I think he can be a top 6 player for us but we'll see how the first year as a pro goes for him. I got to admit I am very surprise at how many around here don't see to like him very much, but can't wait to see how he does going forward.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 37397409)
I'd have Nattinen and Walsh both ahead of Peter Delmas.

I didn't care for Nattinen when I saw him at the wjc's each year but we'll see how it goes for him in his adjustment to North America. Walsh if he has a more consistent year will likely be back in the top 20, I like him but he's got to be more consistent plus his compete level isn't as high as say Kristo/Leblanc/Dumont etc... Delmas looked good in the 2 Hamilton games I saw him but I heard a lot of good things about his play in the ECHL (the one game I saw he was injured) it will be interesting to see what he does this year now that he's got an NHL contract, too bad he had to get a concussion though to start the season.

neofury* 10-03-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yarfangor (Post 37397353)
I think Leblanc can be a complimentary 45-55 point 2nd line winger with a good center. Hes the type of guy you want on a team, but not the type of guy you build around like PK or Price.

I think he'll be more of a 15-25 or 20-20 third liner. A guy you'd like to have on your team but not the end of the world if you don't.

habitue* 10-03-2011 11:39 AM

Top-ten would be easier to evaluate because after that you can just mix them all.

S Bah 10-03-2011 12:08 PM

Leblanc should open some eyes when he does finally lace his skates up for Hamilton,he plays a non-stop game either fore-checking or back-checking.With his abilities to shoot and pass he will be noticed wherever he plays,my thought is top six for the Habs sooner than later.Kristo and Dumont are very much the same as Leblanc,hard working forwards that coaches love to have when these players get more experience and gain some muscle,the Habs are going to love having them in the lineup.:handclap::nod::nod::yo:

ChoseLa 10-03-2011 12:12 PM

I'm pretty sure Archambault will climb to the top-10 next year.

Mike8 10-03-2011 01:09 PM

Surprised by the Nattinen omission, but on the whole, excellent work as always.

montreal 10-03-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoseLa (Post 37403547)
I'm pretty sure Archambault will climb to the top-10 next year.

It's possible, I hope to see him a couple times with the Volts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike8 (Post 37405649)
Surprised by the Nattinen omission, but on the whole, excellent work as always.

Thanks. I haven't seen much of Nattien but what I did see I wasn't impressed and in talking with some in Finland that have watched him they didn't have much good to say about his game. But now that he's in Hamilton I should get to see a lot of him so I'll have a better feel for him next time I rank the prospects.

overlords 10-03-2011 01:27 PM

I'm surprised you didn't have Nash higher.

Protest the Hero 10-03-2011 01:27 PM

Can I get your thoughts on Pateryn and why he didn't make the top 25, and am I right in assuming he and Bennet will be paired together this year?

montreal 10-03-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 37406367)
I'm surprised you didn't have Nash higher.

I like Nash but he's got to improve on his defensive zone play as he is prone to some mental mistakes, I don't really like his NHL upside at this point but we'll see how he progresses this season. Plus we added several d prospects this summer so he's going to have a lot of competition starting next season when several of these guys turn pro.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protest the Hero (Post 37406383)
Can I get your thoughts on Pateryn and why he didn't make the top 25, and am I right in assuming he and Bennet will be paired together this year?

I'm not sure what the D pairings will be, Michigan's top D, Jon Merrill just got suspended for 12 games, that's 6 weeks of the start of the season so that likely means Pateryn will have to take over the #1 spot until Merrill is back. So I assume Bennett will be on the 2nd pairing, but we'll find out shortly as they open their season tomorrow.

Estimated_Prophet 10-03-2011 05:08 PM

Easily the best list that I have seen yet.

I would definitely move Archambault ahead of Engqvist though. I don't think Engqvist has any upside at all and will only be a stop gap solution.

Mike8 10-03-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet (Post 37416501)
Easily the best list that I have seen yet.

I would definitely move Archambault ahead of Engqvist though. I don't think Engqvist has any upside at all and will only be a stop gap solution.

I concur. But then, I didn't even think he'd make it this far.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 10-03-2011 05:51 PM

Archambault has bust written all over him. Not that he was a high pick, but in that he won't be an NHLer.

Protest the Hero 10-03-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsolument90 (Post 37418141)
Archambault has bust written all over him. Not that he was a high pick, but in that he won't be an NHLer.

I thought that too after we drafted him, but you don't think his preseason was great?

Not only did he show the skills and speed he was drafted for, he also showed a willingness to battle along the boards, was effective at using his body to protect the puck, and he didn't look small out there, which is a good thing for a guy who's 5'11".

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 10-03-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protest the Hero (Post 37418397)
I thought that too after we drafted him, but you don't think his preseason was great?

Not only did he show the skills and speed he was drafted for, he also showed a willingness to battle along the boards, was effective at using his body to protect the puck, and he didn't look small out there, which is a good thing for a guy who's 5'11".

I saw it but it's just a feeling I get when I see him play that he just won't learn/do the little things to turn pro and stick. I wouldn't call his camp great. Decent from me, but I don't think he'll amount to anything.

AJMHABS 10-03-2011 06:14 PM

Can I get your thoughts on Avtsin and can I get your take on what his upside is and where he would fit in the Habs lineup in a few years?

AJMHABS 10-03-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 37396549)
I put up a top 25 on my site. Lots of interesting prospects this time around and several like Nygren, Bourinval, Trunev, Dietz have gotten off to good starts. The NCAA starts the regular season this week for most schools.

I know some aren't going to be happy to see Leblanc and Kristo over Gallagher and perhaps Bourinval but either way they are our top forward prospects so put them in any order you want as it's close with all of them imo. Clearly I like Leblanc and Kristo more then most but I could see them getting passed in future rankings.

Got to like the depth we have on defense now. Here's to all the prospects hopefully having great seasons!


Top 25

1. Nathan Beaulieu
2. Louis Leblanc
3. Danny Kristo
4. Brendan Gallagher
5. Jarred Tinordi
6. MichaŽl Bournival
7. Alexei Emelin
8. Aaron Palushaj
9. Alexander Avtsin
10. Mac Bennett
11. Magnus Nygren
12. Morgan Ellis
13. Gabriel Dumont
14. Andreas Engqvist
15. Daniel Pribly
16. Mark MacMillan
17. Olivier Archambault
18. Josiah Didier
19. Brendon Nash
20. Andrew Conboy
21. Mark Mitera
22. Alain Berger
23. Darren Dietz
24. Maxim Trunev
25. Peter Delmas

HM Brock Trotter, Dustin Walsh, Greg Pateryn, Joonas Nšttinen

Great list, but I would put Nšttinen ahead of Berger.

dralaf 10-03-2011 07:23 PM

Yep, great list! Personally, I'd put Gallagher 1st though...

Mathradio 10-03-2011 07:26 PM

I'd put Nattinen at about 20-ish...

googlymoogly 10-03-2011 07:46 PM

Quailer is missing and he is more talented than Conboy.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.