HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Is Couturier making the team? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=996431)

MrRoundtree 10-03-2011 11:55 AM

Is Couturier making the team?

Is Couturier making the team? Everybody said he outplayed Schenn and his cap-hit is more friendly. Does he look ready to be out there?

ShawnTHW 10-03-2011 12:17 PM

I'll say yes.

PointL00kout 10-03-2011 12:34 PM

I have no idea. MSE should know. I know from here he had a good camp, but I have not watched him play.

Haute Couturier 10-03-2011 12:45 PM

All indications are that he has made it at least for 9 games.

Hollywood Couturier 10-03-2011 12:53 PM

He'll get his nine games and then they'll decide. I'd like to see him stay so I don't have a kid in juniors as my username.

PointL00kout 10-03-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier (Post 37405069)
He'll get his nine games and then they'll decide. I'd like to see him stay so I don't have a kid in juniors as my username.

:laugh: No worries, Mods get to change their username every 5 months or something along the lines of that. Besides you knew that risk when you changed your name in the first place. Should of just waited.

sobrien 10-03-2011 03:42 PM

Count me in for 9 games and we'll see after that.

RIPRichardsCarter 10-03-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sobrien (Post 37412777)
Count me in for 9 games and we'll see after that.

Then we call up Schenn.

Flyerfan808 10-03-2011 04:20 PM

If we call up Couturier for 9 games, could we still call him up for/during the playoffs?

Wils98 10-03-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 (Post 37414521)
If we call up Couturier for 9 games, could we still call him up for/during the playoffs?

Its not a call up. If he is sent down before or after the 10 game mark,the only way he can come back is when his junior team is eliminated from the playoffs or in case of emergency (ala Claude Giroux 2008)

GKJ 10-03-2011 04:55 PM

It's sounding like the Flyers, yet again, don't know the rule on this. Here is part of the discussion on Twitter:

RT @davegisaac: @geoffdetweiler Well I can tell you the Flyers are under the impression they can play him 10 games and slide him. Per Homer and Barry H.

Here is a list of players 18 or 19 since the lockout, who played 11 or less NHL games in one season:

http://www.hockey-reference.com/play...y=games_played

As you can see, only one got to 10, Kyle Palmieri, and he was signed out of college. So, if no one was doing it...

Let's just say, it's a bit startling. I don't think I need to remind people that just because Holmgren and Barry Hanrahan say so, doesn't mean they're right.

Beef Invictus 10-03-2011 05:00 PM

This is set to become a runaway, flaming disaster on wheels.

sa cyred 10-03-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKJ (Post 37416025)
It's sounding like the Flyers, yet again, don't know the rule on this. Here is part of the discussion on Twitter:

RT @davegisaac: @geoffdetweiler Well I can tell you the Flyers are under the impression they can play him 10 games and slide him. Per Homer and Barry H.

Here is a list of players 18 or 19 since the lockout, who played 11 or less NHL games in one season:

As you can see, only one got to 10, Kyle Palmieri, and he was signed out of college. So, if no one was doing it...

Let's just say, it's a bit startling. I don't think I need to remind people that just because Holmgren and Barry Hanrahan say so, doesn't mean they're right.

Sadly according to his fans on her, it's ok for Homer and Barry to be wrong in this case.

Flyerfan808 10-03-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wils98 (Post 37415779)
Its not a call up. If he is sent down before or after the 10 game mark,the only way he can come back is when his junior team is eliminated from the playoffs or in case of emergency (ala Claude Giroux 2008)

Thank you for clarifying. Claude 2008 is exactly what I was thinking of. I'd like to see the Flyers get him some playoff experience if they can.

GKJ 10-03-2011 05:48 PM

Some clarification seems to be that you can play 10 games and burn a year while complying with 50 contract limit, but why in the world would you do that?

Philadelphia Ducks 10-03-2011 05:51 PM

OHL for him

Haute Couturier 10-03-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks (Post 37418123)
OHL for him

The QMJHL will have something to say about that. ;)

sobrien 10-03-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIPRichardsCarter (Post 37414265)
Then we call up Schenn.

I think Schenn starts on Thursday, unless he's ruled out by trainers.

Schenn may be sent down to the AHL for a day, and be called up the next day, just so Laperriere can sit on the opening day roster and then be sent to LTIR on Thursday, opening up a roster spot and cap space for Schenn.

Philadelphia Ducks 10-03-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libertine (Post 37418247)
The QMJHL will have something to say about that. ;)

lol touche.
QMJHL for him.

SeanVT395 10-03-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Someone needs to give the team management a copy of the CBA because it's beginning to get silly.

DUHockey9 10-03-2011 10:51 PM

Quote:

This is terribly disheartening. I really hope this doesn't happen, or I'm really going to lose it with Homer.

orange is better 10-04-2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Ok, I'm sorry but I have no idea what this means.

Please explain

GKJ 10-04-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange is better (Post 37431637)

Please explain

As I understand it:

If he plays more than 9 games, they can't slide the contract.

If he plays more than 10 games, they he has to count on the 50.

Any sane individual wouldn't make a decision on second scenario play without first making a decision on the first.

sobrien 10-04-2011 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKJ (Post 37431689)
As I understand it:

If he plays more than 9 games, they can't slide the contract.

If he plays more than 10 games, they he has to count on the 50.

Any sane individual wouldn't make a decision on second scenario play without first making a decision on the first.

And the front office doesn't know it?...But the fans do?...

Anyone else near Voorhees want to help make a big sign? :sarcasm:

Haute Couturier 10-04-2011 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange is better (Post 37431637)

Please explain

Couturier essentially gets a 9 game NHL tryout without burning a year off his entry level contract. If he plays 10 or more games they will officially burn off the first year of his entry level deal even if they later send him back to juniors. If he gets sent back to juniors prior to a 10th game in the NHL then the contract slides to next year. The first year of his entry level deal would start next season.

According to Dave Isaac Holmgrem seems to be under the (wrong) impression that he can play a 10th game and his contract still won't count. If Holmgren allows him to play 10 and send him back to juniors he will waste the first year of his entry level deal.