HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   OT: Saturday Nights -Adult Pick Up Ice Hockey - Superior Ice Rink - Kings Park, LI (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=996457)

noupf 10-03-2011 12:29 PM

Saturday Nights -Adult Pick Up Ice Hockey - Superior Ice Rink - Kings Park, LI

Hey Guys,

I posted this on the Rangers forum as well ( since I am a Rangers fan ), but I just wanted to spread the word to everybody in the area who likes to play hockey.......reagrdless of who our favorite teams are.........

I just wanted to spread the word about our saturday night adult ice hockey games that go on at Superior Ice Rink in Kings Park. Its every Saturday night from about 11:30pm - 2:00am.......and its $20 per person. The attendance has been getting very low for the last few weeks, so I asked the guy who organizes it if he would mind if I spread the word. For the record, I dont make any money off this. I just wanted to spread the word to help get a better turn out so we can have some fun nights of playing ice hockey. Heres a run down.....

- Every Saturday night, Superior Ice Rink in Kings Park ( 11:30 pm - 2:00 am )
- Come down around 11:15pm, suit up, 15-20 minutes of warm up on a fresh sheet of ice and then we play until about 2:00 am
- Ages 16 and up
- Full equiptment required - chest, shin, elbow, helmet ( cage recommended ), gloves and ice hockey shorts.
- No contact ( a little bump here or there going for the puck, but no hits ).
- No bomb slap shots.......not trying to kill the goalies
- Skill levels can vary ( we have had guys who are real good, guys that are not so good and everything in between.).........at the very least, you should know how to skate on ice. You dont need to be awesome, just be able to skate.
- Come with a good attitude and looking to have fun. Its a good time with good people. I've been doing it for about a year now and we have rearely had a problem with bad players coming down.

If you are a goalie, please PM me. I will give you the phone number of the guy who runs it ( Ralph ). Usually they try to have 3 goalies max, so that the amount of playing time is good for each goalie. Its best to call Ralph and ask if he has enough goailes before coming down. There have been nights where we had 4+ goalies and we had to turn some away. Right now we have 2 pretty consistent goalies.

Any other questions, let me know.

Bauer Warrior* 10-03-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noupf (Post 37404209)
Hey Guys,

I posted this on the Rangers forum as well ( since I am a Rangers fan ), but I just wanted to spread the word to everybody in the area who likes to play hockey.......reagrdless of who our favorite teams are.........

I just wanted to spread the word about our saturday night adult ice hockey games that go on at Superior Ice Rink in Kings Park. Its every Saturday night from about 11:30pm - 2:00am.......and its $20 per person. The attendance has been getting very low for the last few weeks, so I asked the guy who organizes it if he would mind if I spread the word. For the record, I dont make any money off this. I just wanted to spread the word to help get a better turn out so we can have some fun nights of playing ice hockey. Heres a run down.....

- Every Saturday night, Superior Ice Rink in Kings Park ( 11:30 pm - 2:00 am )
- Come down around 11:15pm, suit up, 15-20 minutes of warm up on a fresh sheet of ice and then we play until about 2:00 am
- Ages 16 and up
- Full equiptment required - chest, shin, elbow, helmet ( cage recommended ), gloves and ice hockey shorts.
- No contact ( a little bump here or there going for the puck, but no hits ).
- No bomb slap shots.......not trying to kill the goalies
- Skill levels can vary ( we have had guys who are real good, guys that are not so good and everything in between.).........at the very least, you should know how to skate on ice. You dont need to be awesome, just be able to skate.
- Come with a good attitude and looking to have fun. Its a good time with good people. I've been doing it for about a year now and we have rearely had a problem with bad players coming down.

If you are a goalie, please PM me. I will give you the phone number of the guy who runs it ( Ralph ). Usually they try to have 3 goalies max, so that the amount of playing time is good for each goalie. Its best to call Ralph and ask if he has enough goailes before coming down. There have been nights where we had 4+ goalies and we had to turn some away. Right now we have 2 pretty consistent goalies.

Any other questions, let me know.

Is this the Pops?

noupf 10-03-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior (Post 37405061)
Is this the Pops?

sorry, i'm not sure what you mean......

OrangeZebra 10-03-2011 03:41 PM

I live less than 5 minutes away, and go Friday nights every so often. Last
Friday 2 people showed up:( I'm a goalie btw

Brunomics 10-03-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeZebra (Post 37412735)
I live less than 5 minutes away, and go Friday nights every so often. Last
Friday 2 people showed up:( I'm a goalie btw

So that was you in the nets after my game friday night?(I was on that team with the Bruins practice jersey's before you got on)

Go to dix hills pickup that night, usually a good crowd and you play on the new rink.

OrangeZebra 10-03-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brunomics (Post 37413313)
So that was you in the nets after my game friday night?(I was on that team with the Bruins practice jersey's before you got on)

Go to dix hills pickup that night, usually a good crowd and you play on the new rink.

Yep, I was the one in green

Brain Hemorrhage 10-03-2011 09:56 PM

I can play all positions, including goalie. Probably prefer not to play goalie since my torn ACL, though.

Live in Boston, but would love some pickup hockey when I visit on the weekends. The time slot is pretty amazingly awesome.

noupf 10-04-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brain Hemorrhage (Post 37427763)
I can play all positions, including goalie. Probably prefer not to play goalie since my torn ACL, though.

Live in Boston, but would love some pickup hockey when I visit on the weekends. The time slot is pretty amazingly awesome.

feel free to come down anytime. For the last year that I have been going, we have never not had two goalies or more, so feel free to come down and skate out as a foward or d man.

noupf 10-05-2011 07:29 PM

Bump.......

noupf 10-07-2011 04:17 PM

Friday bump..............Come on down saturday night. I've heard back from a few people and some goalies. With the regulars that come down ( about 7-8 guys ), plus those I have heard from, it should be a good game. can always use more though.....

noupf 07-31-2012 05:49 PM

Bringin this thread back to life. Anyone who wants to come down and play, you are more than welcome. We always have two to three goalies. We had a good run with attendance, but its been thin for a few weeks now.

Come down and play some ice hockey !!!!!!!!

Heart of Vukota 07-31-2012 05:54 PM

My season has ended at The Rinx for now so I may come day for a few Saturday nights. Thanks

7:11 of OT 07-31-2012 06:32 PM

Anyone coming this Saturday - come a little earlier and you will catch the championship of the 18U 4-on-4 league - my son is #10 on the maroon team.

OrangeZebra 07-31-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7:11 of OT (Post 53163935)
Anyone coming this Saturday - come a little earlier and you will catch the championship of the 18U 4-on-4 league - my son is #10 on the maroon team.

So he is on the team that beat me a few days ago?

7:11 of OT 07-31-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeZebra (Post 53165777)
So he is on the team that beat me a few days ago?

You play for purple?

noupf 09-01-2012 01:34 PM

last two weeks had ok turn outs, but could use a couple more.

Rink is ours at 1130pm tonight.

Come down and play.

All skill levels welcome.......seriously, you dont have to be great to play.

isles31 09-01-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noupf (Post 54021599)
last two weeks had ok turn outs, but could use a couple more.

Rink is ours at 1130pm tonight.

Come down and play.

All skill levels welcome.......seriously, you dont have to be great to play.

Do you guys need goalies? I don't wanna drive 30 mins to have a 5 goalie rotation

noupf 09-03-2012 11:34 AM

More often than not we have two goalies, sometimes a third in the summer when one guy is home from college, but he has left for school again. I've been going for two years and we never seem to have more than 3.......its usually two though.

noupf 09-08-2012 06:56 PM

saturday bump.....

noupf 09-15-2012 10:36 AM

Saturday bump... Come play some hockey !! :)

noupf 09-22-2012 11:31 AM

saturday bump.........come play some hockey eh'

noupf 09-29-2012 12:56 PM

to the top...

RoseTintedVisor 09-29-2012 10:42 PM

Once I get back to Sundays off im showing up.

noupf 10-13-2012 03:18 PM

Saturday bump

noupf 10-20-2012 01:27 PM

come play hockey tonight.........

that is all.