HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Injury Report: Josh Harding (Ankle); Matt Hackett Called Up (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=996479)

GopherState 10-03-2011 12:48 PM

Josh Harding (Ankle); Matt Hackett Called Up

It appears that Josh Harding hurt his ankle during yesterday's "team building" session and Matt Hackett will be starting on the roster.

Hopefully this isn't serious because if anyone deserves a break it's Harding.

Jarick 10-03-2011 12:54 PM

FFS we don't need guys getting injured doing team building crap.

squidz* 10-03-2011 12:58 PM

Wow, Hackett got the call? Doesn't Houston have preseason games going? I'm surprised they didn't want to keep him on the ice while the big club's in Duluth.

Northland Wild Man 10-03-2011 12:59 PM

Noooooo!:cry:

mnwildgophers 10-03-2011 01:00 PM

It must be pretty serious, he's getting called up for 5 days ahead of opening night. Harding might be out a while.

squidz* 10-03-2011 01:00 PM

Also, this is a bad sign following Russo's comments from earlier:

Russostrib Michael Russo
Word on Harding as of now is day to day and they're hoping he's ok for tomorrows #mnwiId practice. Maybe Yeo will offer more after practice
2 hours ago Favorite Retweet

The evaluation must have gone pretty far downhill if they called someone up.

Fel 96 10-03-2011 01:02 PM

Damnit, let's hope he will be ready for Saturday.

BTW, here's the Who is left list (Needs to be updated but still). Not too many goaltenders on the list.

GopherState 10-03-2011 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squidz (Post 37405265)
Wow, Hackett got the call? Doesn't Houston have preseason games going? I'm surprised they didn't want to keep him on the ice while the big club's in Duluth.

Who else are they going to call to back up Harding that would be trusted in a NHL situation? A week or two riding the pine won't kill Hackett.

squidz* 10-03-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GopherState (Post 37405571)
Who else are they going to call to back up Harding that would be trusted in a NHL situation? A week or two riding the pine won't kill Hackett.

I figured Endras would be used first. Unless Harding is expected to be out for several months, an Endras callup would leave him on the bench for the most part, maybe getting a start on the second night of a back to back (if there was a lot of work for Backstrom on the front end). But if Harding is going to be out that long, you'd think the team would look at picking up another goalie.

rafterman 10-03-2011 01:17 PM

I wonder what the details are. It could provide even better photoshop opportunities than Jimmy the Popcorn King on his ATV. This was during a made-up team building exercise...

I feel bad for Harding if it's something that keeps him out for any real amount of time. His window of opportunity to show what he can do isn't going to last much longer if he wants to be a starter in this league.

GopherState 10-03-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squidz (Post 37405811)
I figured Endras would be used first. Unless Harding is expected to be out for several months, an Endras callup would leave him on the bench for the most part, maybe getting a start on the second night of a back to back (if there was a lot of work for Backstrom on the front end). But if Harding is going to be out that long, you'd think the team would look at picking up another goalie.

It's hard to think he would be called up by the Wild given the fact that Endras wasn't seen in any preseason games.

mnwildgophers 10-03-2011 01:23 PM

It seems odd that Hackett would be called up just to be a goalie in practice, so this means to me that he probably is hurt for a longer period of time.

But, there's also the fact that Hackett had a full year in the AHL last year, and we have a capable goaltender in Kuemper down there too. It should be interesting to see what happens, wish we knew more about the injury.

centzon 10-03-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squidz (Post 37405265)

The Aeros wrapped up their last preseason game yesterday -- a 3-2 shootout win over the baby Stars, with Hackett in net.

I hope this ankle injury won't keep Harding out for long. What a tough break for the guy.

squidz* 10-03-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GopherState (Post 37405945)
It's hard to think he would be called up by the Wild given the fact that Endras wasn't seen in any preseason games.

I thought Endras got half of one of the first two games like Hackett did.

rynryn 10-03-2011 01:27 PM

I pretty much write harding off every year anyway.
Like Cuma.

llamapalooza 10-03-2011 01:42 PM

I'm not panicking yet. I'm guessing it's for practice, and so he's ready if Hards can't go this weekend.

Will Hackett require waivers when Harding comes back?

UMD05 10-03-2011 01:44 PM

From Russo's earlier blog:

Quote:

First up: The team was heading into the Wisconsin woods for four hours of disciplines and exercises this afternoon with former Army Ranger and current motivational expert J.B. Spisso, who runsElite Leadership Training. Spisso also works with the Pittsburgh Penguins, and at West Point a few years ago, he had the Penguins rolling over Jeeps, repelling down cliffs and pushing Hummer's up hills.

"The first year we did it, it was crazy," Yeo said. "Then the next year we were like, 'It might not be a good idea to lose Sidney Crosby for three months because he got caught underneath a Jeep or something.'"

Yeo said Spisso's toned down the danger aspect, but he says Spisso has spent a lot of time thinking about this one and Spisso thinks it's the best one he's ever done.

:handclap:

squidz* 10-03-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llamapalooza (Post 37407045)
I'm not panicking yet. I'm guessing it's for practice, and so he's ready if Hards can't go this weekend.

Will Hackett require waivers when Harding comes back?

Hackett was 20 when his first pro contract came into effect so he is waiver exempt until he is 24 or plays 80 NHL games.

Capgeek Waiver Calculator

Hopefully that link works.

WildisLaw 10-03-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarick (Post 37405095)
FFS we don't need guys getting injured doing team building crap.

No ****. This is complete bull****. A player gets hurt every ******* year, what the hell is wrong with management? Do away with the soldier ****, they're ******* hockey players. Do something else. I am so pissed off. ****.

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Caior89 10-03-2011 02:53 PM

Damn, i feel so bad for Harding. Everytime he got a chance bad luck comes and **** him. I hope that is just for pratice and not a long term injury. I am not confident with Backstrom late games.

Avder 10-03-2011 03:22 PM

Poop.

:(

LuckyLuke87 10-03-2011 04:59 PM

It's a shame such a talented guy is going to injure himself out of the league. I really like Harding, but another injury? It really speaks volumes about his health...he's like my yonger brother, incredibly talented athlete who can't stay healthy to showcase his skills and gets injured in the most inappropriate time over and over again.

squidz* 10-03-2011 05:04 PM

Glanced at today's waivers (after being informed that Brule was placed on them today, not yesterday):

Placed on Waivers:

Ryan O'Marra (EDM)
Ryan Keller (EDM)
Josh Green (EDM)
Gilbert Brule (EDM)
Garnet Exelby (DET)
Chris Connor (DET)
Doug Janik (DET)
Joey MacDonald (DET)
Logan Pyett (DET)
Ryan Russell (CBJ)
Kyle Wilson (NSH)
Darryl Boyce (TOR)
Matt Lashoff (TOR)
Joey Crabb (TOR)
Anton Khudobin (BOS)
Alexandre Picard (PIT)
Jason Williams (PIT)
Matthew Corrente (NJ)
Peter Harrold (NJ)
Jay Leach (NJ)
Tim Sestito (NJ)
Stephane Veilleux (NJ)
Vladimir Zharkov (NJ)
Mark Fraser (NJ)
Rod Pelley (NJ)

Seems there's a certain goalie we're all familiar with on waivers today...

Fel 96 10-03-2011 05:14 PM

Khudobin is a very good goaltender from what I've seen last year and this pre-season.

Can't see GMCF picking him. Not to mention, there's a reason why he was traded.

squidz* 10-03-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fel 96 (Post 37416715)
Khudobin is a very good goaltender from what I've seen last year and this pre-season.

Can't see GMCF picking him. Not to mention, there's a reason why he was traded.

I don't think he'd grab him either, especially since he has another year left on his contract, but it's an option that's there right now.