HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   What about Bob? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=997925)

I Am Chariot 10-05-2011 09:41 AM

What about Bob?

Is he going to get some games? Is there too much risk in creating a controversy over Bryzys icetime/$$$

What about Bob?

JVR21 10-05-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chariot (Post 37479595)
Is he going to get some games? Is there too much risk in creating a controversy over Bryzys icetime/$$$

What about Bob?

No, Bryz is going to play EVERY SINGLE GAME....

I Am Chariot 10-05-2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVR21 (Post 37479677)
No, Bryz is going to play EVERY SINGLE GAME....

That's not really the "Philly way"...

Prongo 10-05-2011 10:04 AM

Well the last three years Bryz has averaged 67 games a year. If my math is correct, that leaves 15 games for BOB. I'm hoping to keep Bryz at 60 and BOB at 22, or around there. Lavy also doesn't shy away from playing the best player at that moment regardless of contract I believe, what every coach should do. If BOB starts to shine expect him to earn more starts, but the same can be said about Bryz

PointL00kout 10-05-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 (Post 37480363)
Well the last three years Bryz has averaged 67 games a year. If my math is correct, that leaves 15 games for BOB. I'm hoping to keep Bryz at 60 and BOB at 22, or around there. Lavy also doesn't shy away from playing the best player at that moment regardless of contract I believe, what every coach should do. If BOB starts to shine expect him to earn more starts, but the same can be said about Bryz

This sums up what I was going to say.

FreshPerspective 10-05-2011 10:12 AM

Bob should play 20-25 games. Obviously if Bryz gets injured or falters at certain stretches then that may increase although can't see the latter and hope against the former.

DrinkFightFlyers 10-05-2011 10:51 AM

I think he'll play about 20 games. I could see him being dealt too if there is a need that arises later in the season.

Spongolium* 10-05-2011 11:30 AM

I think he will play 27-30 games this year. For once Bryz is going to have the ability to rest a little during the season.

GKJ 10-05-2011 11:55 AM

I wish people would just say:

"I took Bob in a keeper league last year, and did not anticipate him losing his job to a $51M goaltender. Is it worth my time hanging on to him?"

Teezax 10-05-2011 12:27 PM

Would love to see Bob get 30 games but I doubt a 51M goaltender is only gonna see action for 52. I think 60-22 is realistic.

SeanVT395 10-05-2011 02:04 PM

Holmgren is obviously going to work his magic and trade him to Ottawa or Florida for their 1st pick.

Yosemite Sam 10-05-2011 06:24 PM

I took Bob in a keeper league last year, and did not anticipate him losing his job to a $51M goaltender. Is it worth my time hanging on to him?

You're welcome.

DeflatedFootball7 10-05-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanVT395 (Post 37490263)
Holmgren is obviously going to work his magic and trade him to Ottawa or Florida for their 1st pick.

JVR-Giroux-Yakupov

OR

Read-Grigorenko-Simmonds

OR

Pronger-Murray

:amazed:

CTU2fan 10-05-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers (Post 37482105)
I think he'll play about 20 games. I could see him being dealt too if there is a need that arises later in the season.

I'm curious what his trade value is at this point. I like Bob, but he's blocked here now just like Schneider is in Vancouver, and with the Flyers' roster and cap situation it makes more sense to use that space on an everyday player and sign a more traditional "backup".

But he got exposed last April, and if the Canucks weren't getting quality offers for Schneider then I doubt we are for Bob. It's just not a seller's market for goalies right now...of course despite the buyers' market we still managed to overpay for Bryz, but that's another story.

Devastate 10-05-2011 08:11 PM

Obviously it's just pre-season, but if it's any indication of how the goalie tandem is going to be... Bob should get more starts. He looked a hell of a lot better than he did last year, and a lot better than Bryz did.

Again, it is just pre-season. Tomorrow, the real fun begins.

sobrien 10-05-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongolium (Post 37483775)
I think he will play 27-30 games this year. For once Bryz is going to have the ability to rest a little during the season.

this is what I'm expecting.

nhlfan9191 10-06-2011 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongolium (Post 37483775)

Highly doubt that. They're paying Bryz top dollars to be here so he'll play. Pretty sad Philly made Bob expendable after the regular season he had last year but it had to be done.

clodejirew 10-06-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 (Post 37512159)
Highly doubt that. They're paying Bryz top dollars to be here so he'll play. Pretty sad Philly made Bob expendable after the regular season he had last year but it had to be done.

I see no reason why Bob wouldn't get at least 30 starts if he is playing well

Spongolium* 10-06-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Bryz is paid to stop the puck when it matters. Just because he is paid like a workhorse doesn't mean he has to be one. If the flyers see it fit to have a healthy rested Bryzgalov in the play-offs then that is what will happen. We are in safe hands when he's not on the ice.

On the other side, a good showing from Bob over 30 games really maximises his trade value.

DrinkFightFlyers 10-06-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTU2fan (Post 37502793)
I'm curious what his trade value is at this point. I like Bob, but he's blocked here now just like Schneider is in Vancouver, and with the Flyers' roster and cap situation it makes more sense to use that space on an everyday player and sign a more traditional "backup".

But he got exposed last April, and if the Canucks weren't getting quality offers for Schneider then I doubt we are for Bob. It's just not a seller's market for goalies right now...of course despite the buyers' market we still managed to overpay for Bryz, but that's another story.

I think it is relatively high right now, at least as high as it will be. The less he plays, the lower his value IMO. Nothing against him, but if he's plyaing <20 games teams won't get to see him as much and we will be at a disadvantage at the bargaining table because it is clear we don't need him. Not that I think his value would drop to nothing, but I think if we traded him relatively soon, we could get something like the Varlamov return that Washington got. If we wait until like next year or something, I think it would be less than that. Then again, it depends on who is asking. If a team is on the cusp of a playoff race and their #1 goalie goes down, they'd be more desperate and likely pay more. If Ottawa is just looking for a goalie of the future at the deadline, they likely wouldn't offer much more than what Washington (and I don't think they'd even match that).

sobrien 10-06-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

They're paying Bryz top dollar to get them over the Stanley Cup hump. They're also paying Bob more than any other backup in hockey if I'm not mistaken. No reason for him to ride pine for 60+ games.

If he plays well, we may be able to move him for some picks or prospects, something we may be able to turn into a replacement for Pronger/Timonen down the line.

aqsw 10-06-2011 09:06 PM

Bob Who ???

aqsw 10-06-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GilbertsGuns (Post 37527777)
I see no reason why Bob wouldn't get at least 30 starts if he is playing well

:laugh: Brys is used to playing alot of games. He will be fine with 70-75 at his salary.

FreshPerspective 10-06-2011 09:15 PM

In tonights game it was mentioned that Thomas played only 58 of 82 games last year....Rask played the remainder I believe. Look how well that worked for Boston..Thomas played like a spring chicken in the playoffs. Bryz should play 60 to 65 games and Bob the rest. Rask is much more seasoned than Bob and he's accepting the situation..obviously though...Rask doesn't have a goalie in front of him with a massive 9 yr contract but still. I say Flyers should hold on to Bob this year as much as possible and only trade him if there is a big need for the playoff push due to a major injury or whatever. I think his value will remain high enough if he plays 20 or so games at least...

mirimon 10-06-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aqsw (Post 37556899)
:laugh: Brys is used to playing alot of games. He will be fine with 70-75 at his salary.

What the hell has his salary got to do with how many games he should play?

Bobrovsky looked really good in the games he played in the preseason, if he continues to look sharp in practice and in the games he gets in on, there's no reason to risk running Bryzgalov tired before the playoffs.