HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Waived: Reinprecht to be put on re-entry waivers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=997937)

Coolburn 10-05-2011 09:52 AM

Reinprecht to be put on re-entry waivers
 
So who needs a decent 4th line center and willing to claim him for just $1.04M for this yr?
Quote:

The Panthers assigned forward Steve Reinprecht to the Rampage, but they will bring him back via re-entry waivers to make it more palatable for another team to claim him at half his 2.08 million salary.
Sources: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...,4208911.story

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...n-antonio.html

rt 10-05-2011 09:56 AM

I expect Phoenix will claim him. I mean, how could we not?

Alberta Yote 10-05-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 37480035)
I expect Phoenix will claim him. I mean, how could we not?

Based on what most Panther fans say about him over the past year or two I don't see how he would really be an upgrade. Do you see him as the 4th line center and Gordon as 3rd? Because that would scare me.

rt 10-05-2011 10:02 AM

Two years ago he put up 38 points for them.

I'm not sure what happened last season, but even in a terrible funk he was on pace for something like 30 points. In a better situation, with a better team, and some familiarity, maybe he puts up 35. Which is about all we can expect out of Langkow or Hanzal, anyway.

Coolburn 10-05-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 37480251)
Two years ago he put up 38 points for them.

He's not a 3rd line guy though anymore based on what he's done last yr and in camp. He's more of a part-time 4th liner IMO and if no one claims him on re-entry waivers, he's headed back to Europe I'm sure instead of going to the AHL.

Alberta Yote 10-05-2011 10:05 AM

Very sad that this would even be a consideration for the Coyotes but it is what it is.

rt 10-05-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alberta Yote (Post 37480401)
Very sad that this would even be a consideration for the Coyotes but it is what it is.

Agreed. Still, I think its reasonable to suspect he might produce about what Langkow and Hanzal will or what Turris would have, honestly.

Also, give him a shot and if he doesnt pan out, waive him again. As the last poster said, he child go back to Europe. He probably doesn't want to go play in Maine.

99 steps 10-05-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 37480547)
Agreed. Still, I think its reasonable to suspect he might produce about what Langkow and Hanzal will or what Turris would have, honestly.

Also, give him a shot and if he doesnt pan out, waive him again. As the last poster said, he child go back to Europe. He probably doesn't want to go play in Maine.

How could he produce more than Hanzal?

rt 10-05-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 steps (Post 37481375)
How could he produce more than Hanzal?

Produce as in production as in offensive production as in points produced.

Hanzal had 26 last season and 33, 31, 35 in the three seasons preceding.

I stated that I thought it reasonable to expect Reinprecht would be capable of similar offensive production as guys like Langkow and Hanzal, who are our current top two centers. Also, that Turris who produced all of 25 points last season was not likely to produce much more than 35 or so this season, had he signed a contract to play this year.

99 steps 10-05-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 37482955)
Produce as in production as in offensive production as in points produced.

Hanzal had 26 last season and 33, 31, 35 in the three seasons preceding.

I stated that I thought it reasonable to expect Reinprecht would be capable of similar offensive production as guys like Langkow and Hanzal, who are our current top two centers. Also, that Turris who produced all of 25 points last season was not likely to produce much more than 35 or so this season, had he signed a contract to play this year.

I understood what you were saying to begin with, I just would think Hanzal could put up more numbers than Reinprecht over a full season, particularly playing 20 minutes or so per game.

rt 10-05-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 steps (Post 37486073)
I understood what you were saying to begin with, I just would think Hanzal could put up more numbers than Reinprecht over a full season, particularly playing 20 minutes or so per game.

I sure hope so. The fact remains, however, that as of now, he has yet to do so.

Skobel24 10-05-2011 01:44 PM

I loved the guy in Calgary, and while I would love for him to wear a Flames jersey again, I don't think he has much left. I imagine if our center depth gets much more injured, they may take the risk, but highly unlikely.

Synthetek 10-05-2011 02:08 PM

Seriously I thought this guy retired and was an assistant coach somewhere.

CB Joe 10-05-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synthetek (Post 37490455)
Seriously I thought this guy retired and was an assistant coach somewhere.

Maybe you're thinking of Dan Hinote. They both played for the Av's years ago.

Frozen Failure 10-05-2011 03:25 PM

I would totally trade Toby Petersen for Steve Reinprecht.

Synthetek 10-05-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CB Joe (Post 37492077)
Maybe you're thinking of Dan Hinote. They both played for the Av's years ago.

Yup your right, thanks.

vipernsx 10-05-2011 06:19 PM

Reinprecht > Pandolfo though that's not saying much, so I'd hope the Islanders would seriously consider it.

tmg 10-06-2011 02:39 PM

So... any news on this front?

rt 10-07-2011 01:04 AM

Did this happen?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.