HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Islanders opening day roster (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=998137)

Bunk Moreland 10-05-2011 02:23 PM

Islanders opening day roster

The islanders twitter just posted a link to the final roster to start the season:

Quote:

The Islanders 23-man active roster set for Opening Night on Saturday, Oct. 8 against the Florida Panthers, consists of 13 forwards, seven defensemen and three goalies.

Forwards (13)
Josh Bailey, Blake Comeau, Michael Grabner, Matt Martin, Matt Moulson, Frans Nielsen, Kyle Okposo, Jay Pandolfo, PA Parenteau, Marty Reasoner, Brian Rolston, Ryan Strome and John Tavares

Defensemen (7)
Mark Eaton, Travis Hamonic, Milan Jurcina, Andrew MacDonald, Mike Mottau, Steve Staios and Mark Streit

Goalies (3)
Rick DiPietro, Al Montoya and Evgeni Nabokov

Jeremy Colliton, Trevor Gillies, Mark Katic, Nino Niederreiter and Rhett Rakhshani are all listed on the teamís injured reserve list.
Reese, Frischmon and Kabanov are the final 3 cuts

http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=594545

Strome18 10-05-2011 02:24 PM

http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=594545

Islanders finalize 23-man roster. Reese returned to Bridgeport and Kabanov to Blainville-Boisbriand Armada of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.

Doug Height 10-05-2011 02:25 PM

Please just send Strome back already.

SLAPSHOT723 10-05-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug Height (Post 37491211)
Please just send Strome back already.

Seriously.

Moulson-Tavares-Parenteau
Grabner-Nielsen-Okposo
Rolston-Bailey-Comeau
Martin-Reasoner-Pandolfo
ex: Strome

Streit-Staios
MacDonald-Hamonic
Eaton-Jurcina
ex: Mottau

Nabokov
Montoya
DiPietro

Ugh Strome should not be there.

Lek 10-05-2011 02:33 PM

Strome is likely up for a few games and will go down once somebody comes off IR.

here's to a better season:hockey:

Bunk Moreland 10-05-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lek (Post 37491547)
Strome is likely up for a few games and will go down once somebody comes off IR.

here's to a better season:hockey:

Unless the kid scores 6+ goals in the first few games I really don't think they plan on keeping him up past the 9 game window.

IslesRock4 10-05-2011 02:36 PM

If Strome is ever in the lineup, which I'm assuming he will be otherwise he would not be on this roster, then he should be playing on Tavares' wing. Playing him anywhere else is almost as pointless as playing him in the first place.

PROMputt 10-05-2011 02:43 PM

How about sending Stome back and claiming MacLean off waivers. Let him practice with the team and fit him in a lot like Grabner last year?

LAPPY13 10-05-2011 02:43 PM

For whats its worth this is the best New York Islanders team (on paper) in the last 10 years! Lets go Islanders!!!!!!!!!!!

rollin109 10-05-2011 02:45 PM

IMO I thought Kabanov earned a 9 game tryout over strome. Kind of disappointed hes not being rewarded. Strome definitely does not look NHL ready.

kpap57 10-05-2011 02:49 PM

Anyone think they are just going to give him the nine game stint again this year? Is that possible of does him playing one more game in the NHL kick in his contract?

LAPPY13 10-05-2011 02:51 PM

Strome will be back in the OHL once El NINO is off the IR. Nothing to worry about here. Islanders will not rush Strome to the NHL like they did with Bailey.

kpap57 10-05-2011 02:53 PM

Well whats up with Rolston? Havent seen him play all preseason. Heard he was injured. Maybe he needs another week or so to get back, and thats why Strome is up and will play untill one of Nino or Rolston comes back. May be completely off here.

kpap57 10-05-2011 02:55 PM

With Pandolpho sighned and Nino up, this seems like a very week lineup, physically wise. I cant see them sitting nino or pandolpho for gillies when we play philly or the rangers.

Edit: and when both are in the line up i cant see them playing martin over pandolpho ( superior pentaly killer) or over Nino, why keep him up to sit him. Leave us with less physicallity

LuminousNYI 10-05-2011 02:56 PM

Minus Strome, who will probably not be here past 9 games, I really like our top 4 lines. I would prefer someone a little better than PA on Tavares' wing, but still I do like our forwards. We could use another top 4 D-man, but who doesn't know that?

This 3 goalie thing won't last, IMO. Either DP gets hurt or they trade Nabakov.

Mr Islander 10-05-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpap57 (Post 37492371)
Well whats up with Rolston? Havent seen him play all preseason. Heard he was injured. Maybe he needs another week or so to get back, and thats why Strome is up and will play untill one of Nino or Rolston comes back. May be completely off here.

Rolston had some sort of groin injury. I read a few days ago that he was back in full practice. Don't know how much they are pushing him, though.

kpap57 10-05-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuminousNYI (Post 37492503)
Minus Strome, who will probably not be here past 9 games, I really like our top 4 lines. I would prefer someone a little better than PA on Tavares' wing, but still I do like our forwards. We could use another top 4 D-man, but who doesn't know that?

This is why i see them pushing DP early on in the season as our main starter to see how he holds up and plays. Then they will re-evaluate the 3 headed goalie situation.

Mr Islander 10-05-2011 03:01 PM

Don't think there is any room in the lineup for Strome, which is probably a good thing, as I agree with others he might not be ready (might be pushing him). As others have said, he might just stay for a few days until Nino gets back from IR.

seafoam 10-05-2011 03:06 PM

Guys, Capuano wants to give Strome a little taste of pros, so when Ryan is playing in Niagra he makes sure it is the last time he is there. :naughty:

GusTheo 10-05-2011 03:10 PM

Moulson-Tavares-Strome
Grabner-Nielsen-PAP
Okposo or Comeau-Bailey-Comeau
Rolston-Reasoner-Pandolfo
ex: Martin

You don't keep Strome up here to have him be a healthy scratch. Let him play with JT a little, give him something to work for, send him back to JR's when Nino is ready.

Give him that taste, and let him know how hard he needs to work, etc. Let's do this boys!

IslesBeBack* 10-05-2011 03:12 PM

I'm curious with Strome. The Islanders clearly want to score, and score often. Someone feels that Ryan can contribute. I'm not exactly sure where he slots in, or what kind of "good" comes from a kid this small playing in the NHL, but here he is?

Good news for all the "OMFG, we are going to get pushed around" crowd, Martin stays in the NHL.

And that's probably the best Islander lineup we've seen since 2002, and it's not even close.

boredmale 10-05-2011 03:12 PM

wow we will already start the season's first game 5 man games down. lol

Hip Of Rick 10-05-2011 03:15 PM

Strome even getting 9 games is a mistake. Why are we doing the right thing with De Haan and than we are so stupid with Strome and possibly Nino. Wake the f up Garth

ichabod13 10-05-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuminousNYI (Post 37492503)

we all know how this is going to work out. dipietro will get the bulk of starts for the first ten or twelve games, and garth will then be tricked into having enough confidence in dipietros health and trade nabakov for next to nothing. then and only then, ricky boy will get hurt...........again.

by the end of october, i can see the goalie tandem being montoya and __________.
i hope im wrong but i just dont have any confidence what-so-ever in dipietro.

and with the limited viewing i had of strome, i have to agree with most, send him back as soon as possible.

Hip Of Rick 10-05-2011 03:22 PM

Hate to say it but I could easily Strome getting injured in these wasteful 9 games. It was obvious he is not ready why push it or give him a "taste". I like Strome and think it was a good pick but he is NOT ready and pushing him to the NHL is a push in the wrong direction. If you need an injury replacement use pick up a waiver player or some other AHL fodder we have.

Nino also is not ready and should get another year in juniors. Make him earn a spot which he did not. Once again Garth and company are giving players spots the do not deserve based on draft number. Just when you think we may be moving in the right direction this crap gets pulled.