HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Homer deserves a good nights rest tonight ! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=999469)

SgtJoseph 10-06-2011 10:25 PM

Homer deserves a good nights rest tonight !

You gotta believe Homer was sweating a little tonight, even though it was just the first game of the season........He really made some seriously huge moves this summer and i can only imagine all of the things going on in his head leading up to tonights opener.Its a long season, but the media would of been on his a$$ had the Flyers played poorly tonight......such is the life of a GM i suppose, but you gotta feel happy for him whether you like the moves or not...Good job Homer !

DeflatedFootball7 10-06-2011 10:30 PM

Sleeping? He's probably out dancing the night away trying too hard to be young ;)

FreshPerspective 10-06-2011 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 (Post 37563125)
Sleeping? He's probably out dancing the night away trying too hard to be young ;)

One way to cure his bike accident ailments.....that is for sure

Hockeypete49 10-06-2011 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtJoseph (Post 37562757)
You gotta believe Homer was sweating a little tonight, even though it was just the first game of the season........He really made some seriously huge moves this summer and i can only imagine all of the things going on in his head leading up to tonights opener.Its a long season, but the media would of been on his a$$ had the Flyers played poorly tonight......such is the life of a GM i suppose, but you gotta feel happy for him whether you like the moves or not...Good job Homer !

Sgt I hear you. But you just know the haters are going to hate.

SgtJoseph 10-06-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 (Post 37563451)
Sgt I hear you. But you just know the haters are going to hate.

Sadly that is very true !Personally i have always like Homer, loved him as a player and i always thought of him as the epitome of what a Flyer should be ! He was a real gamer !

Alchemy 10-06-2011 10:39 PM

Pretty balanced team. We'll see how good they are as the season goes along.

One thing for sure is TEAM SPEED is much better then the past couple of years. They look fast from the first line to the fourth.

FreshPerspective 10-06-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sm0ka47 (Post 37563675)
Pretty balanced team. We'll see how good they are as the season goes along.

One thing for sure is TEAM SPEED is much better then the past couple of years. They look fast from the first line to the fourth.

Team speed is key to Lavy's system..as well as conditioning, discipline and JAM!

Beef Invictus 10-06-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDoom (Post 37564091)
Team speed is key to Lavy's system..as well as conditioning, discipline and JAM!

Homer has also integrated pudding.

SgtJoseph 10-06-2011 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 37564215)

And lets not forget Dr Kote and his Hemp regiment !

sobrien 10-06-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 37564215)

There's some proof in there too, but we need to find it. I've been told that it's in said pudding :help:

BernieParent 10-07-2011 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtJoseph (Post 37564407)
And lets not forget Dr Kote and his Hemp regiment !

Don't forget the molasses.

http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/v/nhl/pl...01123/2714.jpg

Hockeypete49 10-07-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDoom (Post 37564091)

I have to admit the team really looked different with all the new faces. Size,speed really stood out. Pronger will get better once he knocks the rust off. The more games they get under their belt together, the better they will be. Now lets go ruin the bevs opening night.

kicksave27 10-07-2011 11:24 AM

Hope he spent the night trying to figure out how to cause a freak accident to LTIR Walker, and how to break it to shelley he will be waived.

dingbathero 10-07-2011 12:14 PM

mmmmm pudding

Baddogg 10-07-2011 03:55 PM

I can't understand the hate for Homer around here....we have a good team every year and so many people b**** about how he mismanages the cap....would they be happier if we had lots of cap space and a crappy team? Don't think so!

Or do they expect a SC caliber team with loads of money to spare? That doesn't seem realistic to me!

SgtJoseph 10-08-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baddogg (Post 37592555)
I can't understand the hate for Homer around here....we have a good team every year and so many people b**** about how he mismanages the cap....would they be happier if we had lots of cap space and a crappy team? Don't think so!

Or do they expect a SC caliber team with loads of money to spare? That doesn't seem realistic to me!

I agree 100% ! I like the way Homer uses the cap as a car or motorcycle uses a rev limiter..He bumps up against it now and then which shows he is willing to push the limits and is not too timid.......Homer puts his foot in it.

1865 10-08-2011 11:17 AM

I've always stood behind Holmgren. This team is his team. They're almost entirely his draft picks or his acquisitions. We're one of the best teams in the league and well set for the future. I've always maintained our fans have something of an entitlement complex, they always want more.