HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   2012-2013 Official BST Discussion Thread. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=999493)

Homeland Security 10-06-2011 10:37 PM

2012-2013 Official BST Discussion Thread.

Ask and you shall receive.

M Moulson Ale 10-06-2011 10:38 PM

Cool! Thanks 10MM! :)

rikker 10-06-2011 10:44 PM

looking forward to some updates on our young guys... :)

StrongIslanders90 10-06-2011 10:49 PM

Anyway were going to get video or highlights from thier games? If possible that would be Awsome....

Bunk Moreland 10-06-2011 11:06 PM

Awesome! Saw this little piece of news was gonna post it but didn't think it was worthy of a new thread so here's some news to kick off the new thread.. The Sweetener is the new Bridgeport Sound Tiger captain!

Quote:

Colliton, 26, is the seventh captain in team history and wore the "A" for the Sound Tigers in each of his first five seasons with the team. The Blackie, AB native enters the 2011-12 season as the all-time leader in scoring and is tied for the all-time mark in assists
http://www.soundtigers.com/ViewArtic...B_OEM_ID=22700

KingLio21093 10-07-2011 12:14 AM

Good for Sweetener. He's had a great career for Bridgeport. Great reward.

Riddick 10-07-2011 06:14 AM

going to the game in albany sunday afternoon with a friend, cant wait to see some of the guys.

Skeeter15 10-07-2011 10:59 AM

Are all the BST games streamed live on the internet?

NYI78 10-07-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeeter15 (Post 37578269)
Are all the BST games streamed live on the internet?

You can watch the game on ahl live..you have to pay for the service though...highlights are on the sounds tigers web page the day after the game

M Moulson Ale 10-08-2011 06:21 PM

Tonight is the first game and I believe Pou-Bear is in net....:)

M Moulson Ale 10-08-2011 09:04 PM

Bridgeport loses 4-2 to Portland

Goals
POR: B. Hextall (03:03 1st), A. Miele (02:04 2nd), M. Beaudoin (05:35 2nd), M. Beaudoin (13:22 3rd)
BRI: T. Marcinko (04:30 1st), A. Ness (15:38 2nd)

Isles Enforcer 10-09-2011 12:23 PM

My quick thoughts...

The Good
Cizikas was all over the ice, missed at least 2 easy goals. Probably nervous as hell
Ullstrom obviously worked on his stick handling skills because he was making guys look sill all night. Just needs to work on his finishing.
Ness was the best D-Man out there tonight, needs to work on his defense responsibilities but he was highly noticeable.

The Bad
Calvin De Haan maybe he was trying too hard but made mental mistakes, passed when he should have shot and made crucial mistake with the goaltender pulled buy flubbing the puck with seconds to go, causing a turnover.
Ty Wishart was awful! Doesn't use his size (which we all knew) but was out of position and anyone at the game will remember how he lazily skated back into his zone to get a dumped in puck and was beaten by a Portland player who came inches away from scoring because Wishart panicked and skated right into Poulin.

I know its the first game, but they have to be better out there. Too many little mental mistakes out there.

Chapin Landvogt 10-09-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isles Enforcer (Post 37680491)
My quick thoughts...

The Good
Cizikas was all over the ice, missed at least 2 easy goals. Probably nervous as hell
Ullstrom obviously worked on his stick handling skills because he was making guys look sill all night. Just needs to work on his finishing.
Ness was the best D-Man out there tonight, needs to work on his defense responsibilities but he was highly noticeable.

The Bad
Calvin De Haan maybe he was trying too hard but made mental mistakes, passed when he should have shot and made crucial mistake with the goaltender pulled buy flubbing the puck with seconds to go, causing a turnover.
Ty Wishart was awful! Doesn't use his size (which we all knew) but was out of position and anyone at the game will remember how he lazily skated back into his zone to get a dumped in puck and was beaten by a Portland player who came inches away from scoring because Wishart panicked and skated right into Poulin.

I know its the first game, but they have to be better out there. Too many little mental mistakes out there.

Thanks for the report!

Sad to hear about Wishart. Seems like a kid who my really have been crushed by not having made the Isles? Some don't always go down and respond well....

AWESOME! But Hollweg now moves way up on my S$%&list after that late punch when the refs were in breaking it up. It was obvious that the fight was over then.

Isles Enforcer 10-09-2011 04:40 PM

DiBo with a hat trick today

BennyBST 10-09-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isles Enforcer (Post 37691321)
DiBo with a hat trick today

Cizikas with 3 helpers! Anders Nilsson stopped 28 of 30 shots for his first NA win!

BeMoney 10-09-2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt (Post 37684377)
Thanks for the report!

Sad to hear about Wishart. Seems like a kid who my really have been crushed by not having made the Isles? Some don't always go down and respond well....

AWESOME! But Hollweg now moves way up on my S$%&list after that late punch when the refs were in breaking it up. It was obvious that the fight was over then.

Near the top of my list now too, maybe he was disorientated from repeatedly getting punched in the face and didn't know what was going on..:dunno:

will5059 10-10-2011 09:46 PM

Some late thoughts on opening night in Bridgeport: 1.what happened to our goal horn? I could have sworn we had one . 2. That late hit by Hollweg on Haley looked way worse in person. I could see Haley drop his guard and loosen up as if he thought the fight was over just before he got sucker-punched. All in all I was pleased with the effort. Plenty of shots from the Tigers. I jumped out of my seat a few times at pucks I thought were going in. If they keep working hard they'll get their fair share of goals.

Sneekypete 10-10-2011 09:58 PM

From what I saw Bport could actually be a pretty good team when Colliton and Rhett Rahk get back in the line up. Bport will have 3 pretty good lines and not a bad 4th line. While I will never confuse them with Hershey I do feel they could be pretty good.

crashthenet 10-11-2011 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will5059 (Post 37754395)
Some late thoughts on opening night in Bridgeport: 1.what happened to our goal horn? I could have sworn we had one . 2. That late hit by Hollweg on Haley looked way worse in person. I could see Haley drop his guard and loosen up as if he thought the fight was over just before he got sucker-punched. All in all I was pleased with the effort. Plenty of shots from the Tigers. I jumped out of my seat a few times at pucks I thought were going in. If they keep working hard they'll get their fair share of goals.

Same POS he's always been. Hair mustache combe made it look like Haley was fighting Italian Spiderman.

will5059 10-11-2011 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *********** (Post 37762645)
Same POS he's always been. Hair mustache combe made it look like Haley was fighting Italian Spiderman.

I thought he looked more like Gary delabatte from the stern show. Ba Ba booy! Ba Ba booy!

onesinceforty 10-11-2011 09:48 AM

I am sure he will pay for that shot by Haley some time. That crap is suspendible in my book.

BossyMVP 10-11-2011 09:40 PM

Looking at Haley in that fight, there is no doubt he will be up here on the 4th line sooner than later. Martin is good but i would actually like to see martin on the 3rd line. I think his offensive skills are underrated and we def need haley;s toughness up here. I also love watching casey play. Guy is fast and great with the stick.

Isles Enforcer 10-14-2011 08:08 PM

Nilsson getting hammered tonight in Adirondack against the Flyers AHL squad. DiBo scored another goal though.

Isles Enforcer 10-15-2011 10:12 PM

Tigers win in the shootout against the Whalepack

Goals by DiBo, Ullstrom, Gallant and Marcinko

Wishart and Ullstrom 2 points apiece

KingLio21093 10-15-2011 10:17 PM

DiBo is losing it! Great to see, I always loved him.