View Single Post
Old
07-26-2007, 06:18 PM
Ducks__Halos

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post

I'll never get tired of watching Kariya come back from the Stevens hit to score on a laser of a shot past Brodeur back in '03. Just unbelievable.
That was a surreal feeling watching him score that goal (little did Ducks fans know, many of us would come to hate him). It was like it had been scripted in a movie. It was fun being the underdog that year and that run almost felt more special than actually winning it all like last season because the '03 Ducks were never supposed to make it out of the first round, let alone go to game 7 of the SCFs. That, and Giggy's insane play was incredible to watch. Like Rufus Robo said, last season's team was expected to be able to go that far so it wasn't as unreal like in '03.

That said, my favorite moment was still watching last season's team (esp. Teemu) hoisting the Cup at last, seeing them break NHL records for their unbeaten in reg. streak and sales, watching them being the toughest team and lead the league in fights, going crazy at the playoff games, etc. I loved just about everything about that team.

Ducks__Halos is offline   Reply With Quote